Injury Report: Crawford (head)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am not honestly thinking end of the line here...his concussion history hasn't been nearly as severe as many who are still playing the game...not going down the rumor mill again, but his health has been relatively fine over the years, and his lengthy time off was not just from a concussion - he takes the required time off, maybe 3-4 weeks before he passes the protocols and he can be back on the ice by Feb...I don't think retirement is even in the cards right now, but we will know more soon.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You have 2 rings and millions of dollars already in the bank with millions more coming.

Just retire and have a long healthy life if it’s that bad of an injury to the brain.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I am not honestly thinking end of the line here...his concussion history hasn't been nearly as severe as many who are still playing the game...not going down the rumor mill again, but his health has been relatively fine over the years, and his lengthy time off was not just from a concussion - he takes the required time off, maybe 3-4 weeks before he passes the protocols and he can be back on the ice by Feb...I don't think retirement is even in the cards right now, but we will know more soon.

Yeah but with concussions you can just hope/predict 3-4 weeks is all he needs to be right again. It could take months and months for all we know.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Anyone who accomplishes anything in Chicago has nasty rumors spread about them. The cat’s out of the bag on that one, can’t believe anything anyone says anymore. He’s shown all the signs of a serious concussion.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah but with concussions you can just hope/predict 3-4 weeks is all he needs to be right again. It could take months and months for all we know.
I just don't know, nobody does...which is why I am just going by normal protocol time lines for repeat offenders...it might be a month it might be 6...I just think those saying retirement should pump the brakes - he has had 1 known concussion in 10 years of playing...let's give it some time before we start saying that...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Anyone who accomplishes anything in Chicago has nasty rumors spread about them. The cat’s out of the bag on that one, can’t believe anything anyone says anymore. He’s shown all the signs of a serious concussion.
not saying he didn't have a concussion, just more to the story which there usually is...I will leave it at that and hope this one wasn't severe enough to keep him out long or completely..

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hello, Chayka? Yeah, its Stan. I have another LTIR contract for ya...It’s not Seabrook, unfortunately. Its Crawford

True but if Hossa making 1M in real dollars costs Hinostroza, teams would want a hell of a lot more for someone making 5M in real dollars.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
True but if Hossa making 1M in real dollars costs Hinostroza, teams would want a hell of a lot more for someone making 5M in real dollars.

Yeh, they’d just keep him. They’d easily be under cap to start year before using LTIR.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Panarin won't make this team great. Sure, he'd be a nice add but ONLY if the team went 180 and not only got our current players to give 100% in all zones but also added tenacity/grit/balance to the roster.

Arty would be stuck in his best games putting up 2 goals plus 1 assist and coming out with a -1 if he landed on this team as it is now.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why the hell are we already looking at this as a way to have more cap space? f*** the cap space, I want our Crow, the healthy version, back.

And it's not like we couldn't sign someone like Panarin either way this offseason. We had the cap space without any moves needing to be made.

I'm just so pissed off. Even more so knowing that nobody dropped the gloves with E. Kane. I don't care if a Martinsen or Hayden got an instigator, make that asshole aware that he can't be running into goalies (I know he technically didn't run into Crow because Strome was in the way, but him driving into the crease with the speed he did is what caused the collision). He has a history of doing so already.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Why the hell are we already looking at this as a way to have more cap space? **** the cap space, I want our Crow, the healthy version, back.

And it's not like we couldn't sign someone like Panarin either way this offseason. We had the cap space without any moves needing to be made.

I'm just so pissed off. Even more so knowing that nobody dropped the gloves with E. Kane. I don't care if a Martinsen or Hayden got an instigator, make that ******* aware that he can't be running into goalies (I know he technically didn't run into Crow because Strome was in the way, but him driving into the crease with the speed he did is what caused the collision). He has a history of doing so already.

He's a garbage player in that regard. Someone should have tuned him up a bit. Waited all game and it never happened.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's a garbage player in that regard. Someone should have tuned him up a bit. Waited all game and it never happened.

Yeah, confounding to say the least. And it’s not like Kane is ever hesitant to drop the gloves. If someone challenged him, it would have happened. I don’t get that either.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad