Injury Report: Crawford appendectomy

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
This makes me sad.
What a moment for the emergency back up though haha. That must always be crazy for the randoms who get signed for a day

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
No Toews, and now no Crow. Hawks will need to just tread water until they're back.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Well they have been playing without Toews for most of the last year+ ,, Its losing Crawford that truly hurts

Man! Toews and Crawford are so overrated its not even funny. The team will be just fine and Darling will show that he is as capable of a goalie to take the net full time. This trial will show everyone that the 17Mill spent on these two guys is unnecessary and can be spent much better else where, hopefully it will last for a couple games so we get a good viewing sample with both of them out.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hopefully he gets back fast, he's unquestionably been the Blackhawks MVP this season.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If Crawford is out for significant time the Hawks are likely to fall down standings

It depends on the Crow's pain tolerance and the severity of the of the surgery. If they caught it early, perhaps 2/3 weeks. But that's for basketball. Sudden movements like a goalie, we might not see him until January.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Welcome to the Halifax Sharkticons in the NAHANA fantasy league Mr Darling. At least till Crawford comes back!

Fun fact, Last time I remember a goalie getting his appendix taken out was Patrick Roy.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If any starting goaltender is down for a significant amount of time, just about every team would slide in the standings as a result, barring a situation where the team's backup is a legit starter (which no one has claimed about Darling aside from a couple day period in 2015).

Just gotta hope that Crow recovers well and that we don't have a Priceless Habs meltdown with Crow out. Thankfully, we have built up something of a cushion so far.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Curious what move Bowman will do to bring up a goalie (Johansson?) to fill the back-up role. Crow probably wont be out long enough for LTIR, so we'll likely need to trade/waive someone to make the cap numbers work.

Say what you will about his offensive production this year, but we need Toews back badly now. We can afford a game or two without him and Crow, but any game we go in without both of them is a game we'll have a hard time winning.

Will be interesting to see Lars Johansson in an NHL game.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Man! Toews and Crawford are so overrated its not even funny. The team will be just fine and Darling will show that he is as capable of a goalie to take the net full time. This trial will show everyone that the 17Mill spent on these two guys is unnecessary and can be spent much better else where, hopefully it will last for a couple games so we get a good viewing sample with both of them out.

Among goaltenders with at least 10 GP, Crawford is currently 3rd in the league in 5v5 SV%. He's been insanely good.

Almost as insane as your ****ing post.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not good. Without Crawford we are definitely going to start losing games we should, instead of winning games we shouldn't.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not good. Without Crawford we are definitely going to start losing games we should, instead of winning games we shouldn't.

this will be a very important litmus test for darling and his future.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Plz come back soon

Crawford aint gonna do ****, Darling played lights out today but the pathetic roster Stan the man has assembled is finally being exposed for its lack of scoring depth, but hey people like defense, we are now looking forward to our biggest defender to come back, you know Toews, hurray!!!

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well i am posting my thoughts on this thread, b/c the main catalyst that kept the hawks in the game, is craw. with him going down, other problems the team has, was shown.

the hawks needs to find a way to fix this team, my question is, how?? with the salary cap being what it is, how to work around the cap. my ranting on the fo and of the situation is coming into light. there is really no room, salary wise, to really fix this team.

i would like to hear some suggestion, viable solutions to what needs to get done.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
well i am posting my thoughts on this thread, b/c the main catalyst that kept the hawks in the game, is craw. with him going down, other problems the team has, was shown.

the hawks needs to find a way to fix this team, my question is, how?? with the salary cap being what it is, how to work around the cap. my ranting on the fo and of the situation is coming into light. there is really no room, salary wise, to really fix this team.

i would like to hear some suggestion, viable solutions to what needs to get done.
Someone once said that the main job of an NHL coach is to manage egos, and giving the loss to Winnipeg, I think the core's egos need some managing since it to 2+ periods for any core player to bother showing up.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Crawford aint gonna do ****, Darling played lights out today but the pathetic roster Stan the man has assembled is finally being exposed for its lack of scoring depth, but hey people like defense, we are now looking forward to our biggest defender to come back, you know Toews, hurray!!!

You're right, his 12-6-2 record ain't doing **** for us.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Someone once said that the main job of an NHL coach is to manage egos, and giving the loss to Winnipeg, I think the core's egos need some managing since it to 2+ periods for any core player to bother showing up.

excellent premise of a topic. i love this post.

but i think ego is needing to change, but the idea of going back to basics. they were trying too hard to being fancy with the passes and plays, esp in the offense zone.

2 shots on goal or is it really 3:sarcasm:, but come on, darling was great in nets ..... 2 x breakaways, by the end of the second period.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

What are you on about now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad