Tribute Craig Anderson Appreciation Thread

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It was so nice having a goalie that actually stole games for us. So many times i remember shaking my head after a game wondering how we won that. Well it was Mr. Anderson. Hard to believe it was like a decade ago that he came over, played so well that he cost us Landeskog and landed us Jared. But after that he was often great for us. Looking forward to that well deserved appreciation night

Ottawa got Zibanejad in 2011 instead of Landeskog or Huberdeau the draft after Andy came over. Could you imagine if there was a Lafreniere/Byfield or Matthews/Laine or McDavid/Eichel that Ottawa could have had in 2011 though?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Ottawa got Zibanejad in 2011 instead of Landeskog or Huberdeau the draft after Andy came over. Could you imagine if there was a Lafreniere/Byfield or Matthews/Laine or McDavid/Eichel that Ottawa could have had in 2011 though?

Man is my memory ever getting bad, but right you are, it was Cowen instead of Hedman and that was before Anderson came. Oh well i still remember Anderson playing too well when we were trying to tank. I'll have to stop getting specific when trying to remember things that happened years ago :)

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I remember wanting Andy way back when he was the panthers' backup. Even coming off a bad year in colorado, I was super stoked when we got him. And he didn't disappoint.

I swear he was gonna get the vezina back in 2012-13 if he just stayed healthy.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
In 10 seasons in Ottawa, Anderson is 202-168-46. He is the Senators' all-time leader for goalies in games (435), starts (422), wins (202) and save percentage (. 914) and is second in shutouts with 28, two behind Patrick Lalime.
Great job Craig Anderson! Thanks for all you did! Those are some nice numbers.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Brilliant person, brilliant career to be had especially with everything in his early days.

All being said, like others consistency wasn’t his strong point but on the whole he did a lot to stabilise our goaltending for a decade and you can’t complain with that given who we are.

I wonder will he put his feet up and enjoy the time with his family down south or will he look for a backup - I’m sure he’s still got a few games left in him.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Loved having the stability that Andy provided us in net for the past 10 years (!), sure he could be inconsistent at times, but he had that ability to keep us in games we had no business being in. Will never forget all of the special moments that have been pointed out so far in this thread.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Thanks Andy! It was great to have you be our goalie for the last decade. Best wishes to you and your family moving on.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Im happy for him that he has another shot at the playoffs with Vanacek out with a groin injury and Samsonov apparently out with another COVID list... Go Andy

EDIT: apparently "around the NHL" has been renamed after him... MOD feel free to move this post :nod:

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Anderson won't be the reason Caps don't make it through. He's a solid veteran playoff tested G.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Way to go Old Man. Looked good in that red last night.

This would be a sweet end to this hockey season if he can pull it off. Good luck

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad