Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Sens Oct. 24 Jar Jar Binks Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I don't get it. AHL Dman of the year, plays 2 games with us, no mistakes, has some great looks on offense, takes his shot real quick and has a cannon, sits.

Wiercioch is a left shot so that might be the reason, because in what world a streak of 20 games where you got carried by an insane streak makes you free from being scratched, does all the other games he's played before and the games he's played this year, where he has been awful, not count? Why does the 20 games have so much weight? Why does our GM, as much as I like him, and his team of pros, not see that our defense is bad ? What does it take? Another year of being out of the playoffs in December?

It's early and we are still in it but I don't know how you can watch this team and be pleased by the effort and talent. I have been happy with one game this year, Nashville, that's all.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I too am concerned with the roster management taking place. Cameron is making all the wrong moves imo.

Even Hammond playing on Thursday was a head sractcher. Now we have 2 rusty goalies since Andy hasn't played in a week! Yay.

Prince needs to get some more minutes. He looked liked the most dangerous forward for us last game.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Thats the biggest mistake ,Wiercoch needs to go:rant:

I've been tough on Wiercioch his entire tenure in Ottawa, but he showed late last year that he can play in a big way. The Sens desperately need him to regain that form. So much this year banks on him and Cowen being legit top 4 guys.

They're going to give both players a lot of rope this season. If one or both can't play the way the team needs them to, they need to look outside the organization

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't understand why Lazar gets a shot on the top line over Michalek. Michalek has been better to start the season IMO. Hopefully Lazar will find his offensive game with our two top forwards. Prince was good last game, should get a good shot on the 3rd line. Very happy for McComick and kinda surprised to see Wideman out.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I will take this moment to urge folks who want to have a little fun and contribute to HFSens to sign up for and make GDTs. They don't have to be all fancy (seriously, MS Paint ftw), but it would be nice to get real and fun themed GDTs going again. We've only had 2 all year (and we won both games!)

Details and schedule here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1738147

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I've been tough on Wiercioch his entire tenure in Ottawa, but he showed late last year that he can play in a big way. The Sens desperately need him to regain that form. So much this year banks on him and Cowen being legit top 4 guys.

They're going to give both players a lot of rope this season. If one or both can't play the way the team needs them to, they need to look outside the organization
The problem lies is how long to we wait,we arent good enough to piss away winnable game while he figures it out .NJ and ARZ are two teams we should beat especially at home ,he needs to get his head outa his a#@ soon :nod:

BigBush*

Ya. As much as I'd like to of pulled Wier out of the line up a few games ago, I get this logic.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He had no choice last year due to the veteran injuries.

He had no choice but to ice the best roster last year but now he has the choice to ice the crappier roster and is choosing to do so?

That doesn't make me feel any better about the situation.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Disappointed that Wideman is out but very happy that Methot is back.

I get why Cameron want's to keep in Wiercioch. If he can get back to doing what made him successful late last year, it will really help the team. I'd love for Boro to come out for Wideman, but I doubt the coach trusts Wiercioch enough to have both him and a rookie out there on separate pairs resulting in no "defensive pair".

If Wier and Ceci start playing well, maybe Wideman can come back in, or if Wier loses his spot.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would have tried this lineup for tonight.

Michalek - Turris - Stone
Ryan - Pageau - Zibanejad
Prince - Lazar - Chiasson
McCormick - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman/Wiercioch

Anderson - Hammond

BigBush*

I get why Cameron want's to keep in Wiercioch. If he can get back to doing what made him successful late last year, it will really help the team. I'd love for Boro to come out for Wideman, but I doubt the coach trusts Wiercioch enough to have both him and a rookie out there on separate pairs resulting in no "defensive pair".

If Wier and Ceci start playing well, maybe Wideman can come back in, or if Wier loses his spot.

Ya, I'd like for Boro to come out as well. Not because he deserves it, but more because he's steady and we know what he is, and would understand that the team needs to get Wier going.

Although I'm sure some of those kids in Arizona have gotten the talk about keeping their heads up and may be a little intimidated by the Cowen Boro pairing

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I will take this moment to urge folks who want to have a little fun and contribute to HFSens to sign up for and make GDTs. They don't have to be all fancy (seriously, MS Paint ftw), but it would be nice to get real and fun themed GDTs going again. We've only had 2 all year (and we won both games!)

Details and schedule here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1738147

I would love to do one if I knew how to do it. I'm ok with MS paint. Once you have a picture saved, how do you upload it to your OP?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

The thing about these "defensive pairs" is that none of them are good and they always get hemmed in our zone so what's the point in having 2 guys who can't skate or make passes playing together?

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
as per Brent Wallace:

Lazar-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan
McCormick-Pageau-Chiasson
Prince-Smith-Neil

What does Shane Prince have to do to escape Smith and Neil?

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Ya, I'd like for Boro to come out as well. Not because he deserves it, but more because he's steady and we know what he is, and would understand that the team needs to get Wier going.

Although I'm sure some of those kids in Arizona have gotten the talk about keeping their heads up and may be a little intimidated by the Cowen Boro pairing

Intimidated by how much time they'll have to spend in Ottawa's zone while those two are on the ice?

BigBush*

Intimidated by how much time they'll have to spend in Ottawa's zone while those two are on the ice?

No by the physical play. People on here exaggerate how bad a pairing Cowen and Boro are.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
lmao does cameron think lazar is some kind secret weapon?

He literally does not know how to play offence.

That's probably why he's playing with our two strongest offensive players then.

I'm actually a fan of Prince sticking with Neil and Smith. People on here are acting like Smith and Neil have been horrible but everyone on that line looked really good against NJ so there's really no reason to break it up.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's probably why he's playing with our two strongest offensive players then.

I'm actually a fan of Prince sticking with Neil and Smith. People on here are acting like Smith and Neil have been horrible but everyone on that line looked really good against NJ so there's really no reason to break it up.

So rather than shake up our top 6 by getting Prince in there to hopefully get it going(a role he is suited for), we should keep our 4th line together, for the 12 mins they might play

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad