GDT: Coyotes @ Senators | Oct 24, 2015 | 7PM EST | CITY TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
While i undertsnad the logic I don't believe this team currently has the personel to pull off this PP strategy. It seems to end up in many telgraphed shots coming from low scoring areas from far out points. Would work out better if we had a forward or two who could get those rebounds and or deflect shots(again doesn't seem to be the case lately) Our passing is not fast nor crisp enough to take advantage of this tactic at this point in my eyes and a change is needed ASAP.

Actually, our PP has looked way better in this formation. (at least IMO)

I've been saying we should to move to this for the last 2 years.

Only change I would make is to have someone behind the net, instead of two out front.

1= Karlsson, 2= Ryan, 3=Hoffman, 4=Stone 5=Turris (but behind the net)

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Actually, our PP has looked way better in this formation. (at least IMO)

I've been saying we should to move to this for the last 2 years.

Only change I would make is to have someone behind the net, instead of two out front.

1= Karlsson, 2= Ryan, 3=Hoffman, 4=Stone 5=Turris (but behind the net)

Agree to disagree, Outside the Toronto game i have felt it has looked brutal and really of no threat....especially vs NJD and AC.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Agree to disagree, Outside the Toronto game i have felt it has looked brutal and really of no threat....especially vs NJD and AC.

Actually, I think both of you guys are correct. The problem with the PP is that there is usually at least one PP that looks great in the game. Then the rest it looks anemic. But in general I would say the PP has been average at best. Hence why we are middle of the pack in terms of percentage.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Actually, I think both of you guys are correct. The problem with the PP is that there is usually at least one PP that looks great in the game. Then the rest it looks anemic. But in general I would say the PP has been average at best. Hence why we are middle of the pack in terms of percentage.

Agreed.

The PP isn't consistent in gaining the zone, is too stationary and takes too many low percentage shots in general.

IMO the PP is representative of the teams' 5 on 5 play, lackadaisical is the way I see it.

When I am just getting to accept this as the norm, the team or an individual will suddenly look like they have discovered the answer and score.

Then its back to mediocre.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Agreed.

The PP isn't consistent in gaining the zone, is too stationary and takes too many low percentage shots in general.

IMO the PP is representative of the teams' 5 on 5 play, lackadaisical is the way I see it.

When I am just getting to accept this as the norm, the team or an individual will suddenly look like they have discovered the answer and score.

I concur. What I should say, is when they are doing what their supposed to be doing, the PP looks better.

Also, I think that if we had the man behind the net, we would lose possession less.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
1st

Karlsson - Hoffman on the point(Sub Zibanejad for Hoffman if needed)

Ryan as the slot man

Turris - Stone on the walls.

I dont like Ryan on the wall nor do I like Turris on the point.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed.

I haven't really found it to be inconsistant entering the zone (relative to other teams, no PP enters the zone every time).

My issue with the PP is we seem to pass too much along the parimeter and don't get the player movement to break down the box. We seem to wait for the perfect shooting opportunity but do little to try and create it, opting instead to hope the oppositions coverage breaks down on it's own.

Basically, I see us as playing keep away on the PP moreso than trying to get good scoring chances.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Speaking of PP shot generation, we are actually perfectly average in the league. Interestingly, Leafs are the best by far.
Shot suppression on the PK is actually better than average but not by much.
shotPlot-25-specialTeams-cor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad