Rumor: Coyotes nearing extension with Tourigny

ALA YotesPhan

Jul 2, 2002
Nothern Alabama
Visit site
And i can vouch that the city of Bielefeld in germany exists.

For anybody who wants to know: Its a german inside joke.
Is that before or after the city of ausfahrt?

1691762398329.png

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
And i can vouch that the city of Bielefeld in germany exists.

For anybody who wants to know: Its a german inside joke.
Heh, that's humorous. For what it's worth, Phoenix is the opposite - the joke in America is that everyone has at least one friend or relative who moved to Phoenix (and by extension, many in this forum are that friend or relative)

Reactions: Edenjung

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
100% agree with how you are describing / ranking our D.

Simashev could / should hopefully be a 1D in the future, which means we'll still need another top pair D. Hrabal was one of the best G prospects this year, who knows if he becomes a good NHL starter but the potential is definitely there.

Our wingers are good, and also Cooley projects to be good.

So now, imo we still need one more top pair D (Lam might be this if we get lucky) and also a 2C (Hayton or Geekie might be this if we get lucky).

So, our long term roster doesn't look too bad imo. Still a few years away but to me most of our roster should be filled by prospects who project to actually be good, and we also still have a few more draft picks to make (who will also hopefully become good players).

Imo the future is very bright in the medium to long term. Not a bad spot to be in, esp since that's about when the new barn should (hopefully) be ready
While I certainly hope not I think it's fairly safe to bet that at least one of Cooley, Simashev, But, Guenther or Geekie will fail to meet expectations. Hopefully not by a lot but depending on who it is it could be a pretty big set back. For example, what if Cooley or Simashev top out as second line/pairing guys, if that happens then the Yotes are still in need of 1C or 2 top pairing D only at this point they're probably drafting in the middle of the back making it extremely difficult to obtain either. So while I agree future looks bright, the Yotes are still in a spot where it doesn't take much for things to go awry.

Last edited:
Reactions: PainForShane

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Then you're a part of the conspiracy!
Well i went to high school there.
But my theory is that Bielefeld is Just iceland. Because the populations are almost identical.

Is that before or after the city of ausfahrt?

View attachment 735327
After 😉

Heh, that's humorous. For what it's worth, Phoenix is the opposite - the joke in America is that everyone has at least one friend or relative who moved to Phoenix (and by extension, many in this forum are that friend or relative)

That explains a lot. Especially all those opposite fans. In reality they are yotes Fans, but they don't want to be ridiculed by their relatives.
So they choose to be a Fan of another Team. Poor people

Reactions: Prarievarg

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
While I certainly hope not I think it's fairly safe to bet that at least one of Cooley, Simashev, But, Guenther or Geekie will fail to meet expectations. Hopefully not by a lot but depending on who it is it could be a pretty big set back. For example, what if Cooley or Simashev top out as second line/pairing guys, if that happens then suddenly the Yotes are in need of 1C or 2 top pairing D only at this point they're probably drafting in the middle of the back making it extremely difficult to obtain either. So while I agree future looks bright, the Yotes are still in a spot where it doesn't take much for things to go awry.
That's likely to happen, but maybe two or three of our multitude of 2nd or 3rd picks will hit.
In 2019, Soderstrom was a bust pick, but then in the 4th round we landed Macceli. There will be more of that, except now we have scouts that are best in class. I'm not overly concerned about it

Reactions: YotesFan47

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That's likely to happen, but maybe two or three of our multitude of 2nd or 3rd picks will hit.
In 2019, Soderstrom was a bust pick, but then in the 4th round we landed Macceli. There will be more of that, except now we have scouts that are best in class. I'm not overly concerned about it
I don't disagree, especially if it's a winger that fails expectations, but getting a 1C or 1D out of the later rounds is pretty difficult to pull off.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I don't disagree, especially if it's a winger that fails expectations, but getting a 1C or 1D out of the later rounds is pretty difficult to pull off.
Geekie concerns me the most. We definitely need a couple more top ten picks. Tanking sucks and I'm glad that's mostly behind us, but we've got to find another 1C & 1D.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
While I certainly hope not I think it's fairly safe to bet that at least one of Cooley, Simashev, But, Guenther or Geekie will fail to meet expectations. Hopefully not by a lot but depending on who it is it could be a pretty big set back. For example, what if Cooley or Simashev top out as second line/pairing guys, if that happens then the Yotes are still in need of 1C or 2 top pairing D only at this point they're probably drafting in the middle of the back making it extremely difficult to obtain either. So while I agree future looks bright, the Yotes are still in a spot where it doesn't take much for things to go awry.
That’s where the bazillion picks come in. Volume is gonna make up for that. At least that’s what they’re hedging on.

Reactions: Jakey53

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Geekie concerns me the most. We definitely need a couple more top ten picks. Tanking sucks and I'm glad that's mostly behind us, but we've got to find another 1C & 1D.
Yep agreed, the deck isn't quite stacked enough just yet.

It was 6 years between when Avs drafted Landeskog, whom I consider the first successful piece of their rebuild, and Makar who was that last necessary piece. They also kinda got "lucky" along the way where they prematurely jumped out their rebuild thanks to their new star rookie Nathan MacKinnon and a surprising playoff appearance but he followed up with a huge sophomore slump and the team plummeted back down the standings and picked #10 (as opposed to #23 year before) which happened to be Mikko Rantannen. It would be 2 more years before they got Makar and the rest was history.

btw...during all of that they had their share of failed first rounders:
1st round (#11) - Duncan Siemens
1st round (#23) - Conner Bleackely
1st round ((#10) - Tyson Jost

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That’s where the bazillion picks come in. Volume is gonna make up for that. At least that’s what they’re hedging on.
Yep and like you mentioned in another post, I'm hoping they can use some of those to get extra first rounders or even better use them to move into the coveted top 10. Ideally they're fun to watch this year and ooze potential while still end up picking in the top 10. Take assets from trades and the pick war chest to get a second top 10 if possible, picking twice that early will go a long way!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yep and like you mentioned in another post, I'm hoping they can use some of those to get extra first rounders or even better use them to move into the coveted top 10. Ideally they're fun to watch this year and ooze potential while still end up picking in the top 10. Take assets from trades and the pick war chest to get a second top 10 if possible, picking twice that early will go a long way!
Could also just win a lottery. ;)

Reactions: Jakey53

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Eh, ya never know. McDavid and Draisatl, and Matthews, all 3 sick of the cold and the losing, and noticing the job AT's doing (to bring it back to the thread title), orchestrate an NBA-style blockbuster to all wind up in sunny Arizona.
Drai’s a UFA in ‘25, McD ‘26 and Matthews ‘27 (assuming he’s signs a 3 year deal now).

Those 3 make for a solid 2nd line behind Keller/Cooley/Guenther.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad