Rumor: Coyotes nearing extension with Tourigny

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Longtime Yotes fans... is he the best coach we've ever had? I think he might be. Maybe Tippett for a few years in there but I feel like AT is better -- good tactically, great at development, also a strong communicator. That's a rare (and amazing) set of skills
Let's put the brakes on guys. AT has done an amazing job so far, but he, the players, and the organization have not had any pressure on them. Going forward that will change. Let's see how AT fairs when pressure mounts, and how he and the team reacts in the playoffs. He certainly deserves a contract extension, but with coaches it's "what have you done for me lately."

Reactions: cobra427

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Longtime Yotes fans... is he the best coach we've ever had? I think he might be. Maybe Tippett for a few years in there but I feel like AT is better -- good tactically, great at development, also a strong communicator. That's a rare (and amazing) set of skills
We’ll have to see how he does with a talented team with actual real expectations. He’s been excellent so far though

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Tippett still holds that honour until someone else has more playoff success and a couple of 100 point seasons.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tippett still holds that honour until someone else has more playoff success and a couple of 100 point seasons.
What Tippett didn't do is successfully develop a young player or play an entertaining style. Vet players, a heavy trap, and relying on hot goalies worked for a couple years for sure, but when it went bad it never got better again.

Bear is showing me a lot more potential.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What Tippett didn't do is successfully develop a young player or play an entertaining style. Vet players, a heavy trap, and relying on hot goalies worked for a couple years for sure, but when it went bad it never got better again.

Bear is showing me a lot more potential.

I agree with all that, and think Tourigny could be the best Coyotes coach in history in short order, but for now Tippett still has the actual numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad