Mar 14, 2015
YYC
F9OwSKEb1hHOg.gif

We suck.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Nice to see OEL was able to reach the checkpoint so when he was shot, he could come back and keep playing in the game.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames need to find their game on the road. Not that they even played terrible in this one but they certainly played down to Arizona's level. Not enough urgency or energy in their play and IMO that's on the veterans and coaching staff.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
100TG has his opinion and anyone who disagrees is an idiot.
Please, two months ago people were praising Hartley, now suddenly he's an idiot who has no idea what he's doing. It's clearly an overreaction.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm seeing a distinct lack of celebration over the sacred hockey standings point which our boys gloriously obtained this evening.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Please, two months ago people were praising Hartley, now suddenly he's an idiot who has no idea what he's doing. It's clearly an overreaction.

Two months ago, as in the summer? Wow, you don't say. :shakehead

Some of his decisions are pretty questionable. Perhaps last year people let them slide because the team was winning but it's pretty obvious this year they aren't working and he's done squat to assess that.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hartleys fine. We have too many passengers/players trying to play fancy. And our special teams are killing us, not sure who runs them, but it needs a boost and soon. But let's be realistic, at the beginning it was goaltending and defense letting us down, now we can seem to score to save our lives. This is how we were expected to play last year.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
I've been seeing taco gifs ... now Bieber gifs ... I dunno guys, I think this board needs to get back to the basics and stick with pizza. Weather the storm and turn the corner, get the pizzas in the gifs and the pucks in the back of the net.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm in both minds.

The players are not playing up to their potential, and seem to have no drive in them this year.... and everything is always given never earned. Both shoulder the blame.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Really bad. It's strange seeing that much of a turn around so far this year. I know last year Calgary exceeded all expectations; but this is more than coming back down to earth, this is a bit of a nightmare.

I know Arizona is a trap-ish team, that clogs up the neutral zone and doesn't really give up a ton; but man that was bad. No one on the Flames had an answer, the overall team play with pretty 'meh'.

I know Treliving doesn't want to make a bad trade; but something needs to get done just to shake up this roster. There's just not enough happening to merit playing the same way, with the same lineup every night and expecting something different. I think everyone's accountable here. From the players, to the coaching staff to the management. The team looks like a bunch of Prima donnas with their work effort these days; they lose a ton of puck battles and there's no drive at any point of time. Last year, when Calgary was down a goal or it was close in the third period Calgary was like a bunch of rabid dogs the way they'd come and attack. Now it's just for-the-course that they'll sit back, won't have the puck much; dump it in a lot. The coaching staff is kind of stuck in their ways, I know last year payed off, but man, they clearly can't do the same thing as last year; there needs to be some kind of a change to their style of play or Hartley needs to get his boys working hard again every night. And of course Management, you can't just continue the course when something's clearly off, ship off some vets, bring in some youth to jump start this lineup. Shore, Arnold, Agostino & Freddie; one or two of those kids should be up, playing some meaningful minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad