Post-Game Talk: Coyotes/Flames/Black Friday Edition/Gila River Arena/SNF/7PM

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Monahan was invisible last night. And he played 25(!) minutes. The way he's playing, he shouldn't get close to that.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
OEL was also really good. Though it's funny how Ferland got a penalty (pure reputation call) for a clean check on him, and OEL was getting nothing for boarding Gio until Brodie went for revenge and referees woke up.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah...I don't know where Ferly gets that reputation from? He hits as hard as anyone in the league but I haven't seen one dirty hit from him. He's a text-book hitter IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah...I don't know where Ferly gets that reputation from? He hits as hard as anyone in the league but I haven't seen one dirty hit from him. He's a text-book hitter IMO.
you know ignoring the fact he is notorious for late hits :laugh:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I didn't mean Ferland is a dirty hitter. Just that if any other Flames players had made that hit there most likely wouldn't be a penalty.

But I guess it's easy to call penalties against aggressive, hard hitters when they hit star players.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think the coaches got in Ferly's head to much. You don't tame a Stallion, not saying he should go all Carcillo, but he's needs to get his edge back. I've been unimpressed with him overall this season and I think it's because the coaches told him he can't play his style over 82 games. I'd turn him loose.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
you know ignoring the fact he is notorious for late hits :laugh:

occasionally but I don't think it stands out. Like last night, not a late check at all.

I don't really remember a time the other team has had a big problem with his checks. They are never blind-side, from behind or to the head IMO. Some people say he charges. But I was always told growing up as long as you glided into the hit for a second or more then it wasn't charging. And Ferly does that. Pretty much text nook.

He only has 4 minor penalties in 15 games and a few of them at least have been questionable. It's nice to see some discipline in such a physical player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
occasionally but I don't think it stands out. Like last night, not a late check at all.

I don't really remember a time the other team has had a big problem with his checks. They are never blind-side, from behind or to the head IMO. Some people say he charges. But I was always told growing up as long as you glided into the hit for a second or more then it wasn't charging. And Ferly does that. Pretty much text nook.

He only has 4 minor penalties in 15 games and a few of them at least have been questionable. It's nice to see some discipline in such a physical player.

Notorious from one series targeting more or less one player.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I'm not the one who said it was a reputation call nor did I bring up charging. Just saying that he did build a reputation for late hits, which is accurate IMO but since it was the playoffs they let them go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad