Claimed off Waivers: Coyotes claim Josh Jooris

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'd rather claim Jooris and Holland than offer up real assets in trades - particularly the kinds of trades floated around on this board.

I mean, you can only read so many David Desharnais-for-Hanzal threads before going a bit mad, you know?

Jooris and Holland plug holes. Period. These are not earth-shattering roster additions. And let's be honest - it's not like the Coyotes are going anywhere in the standings this year, so what's the harm?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Good for Jooris. I hope he heals up and gets back to being that buzz saw of energy that he was when he first broke into the league.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
And you'd think they would learn from teams like the Hawks, Pens and Kings and surround the team with some solid veterans. Even the Oilers finally figured it out, albeit 12yrs later. Toronto is too stubborn to get it but the Yotes have this so called smart guy analytics dude as their GM and well, yeah, seems like he's just finding ways to cut cost if anything.

I would hate to see kids like Domi, Dvorak, Strome, etc just get squandered there by being surrounded with cast offs as support. Surround those guys with some decent talent. Even aging stars that want ice time that go there for a year is better than AHL caliber guys that not even Las Vegas would select.

Hawks, Pens, Kings and even Oilers for the most part only really got those quality vets after they got their stars in the draft. Then they became a destination for players. Yotes don't have that luxury yet.

They aren't a destination and what would be much worse is handing out a terrible contract because they have to pay a premium as a bottom dweller team. Like Florida did with Bolland, Islanders did with Grabo, Buffalo did with Moulson, Vancouver did with Eriksson, etc.

Bringing back Doan, signing a solid role player in McGinn and a good Dman in Goligoski were all smart moves. As was trading for Deangelo, Crouse and moving up to draft Chychrun. They had a great off-season. Just there's far too many holes to turn it around in that time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad