Claimed off Waivers: Coyotes claim Josh Jooris

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I wouldnt even call him a good depth player..... Just doesnt do much. He isnt completely useless but far from good. Not a big loss for us at all, hopefully he can contribute in Arizona.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It makes sense in a way - for one thing it gives Arizona a body to fill a roster spot when/if the trading starts.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
As I remember him he was a feisty little guy with some speed. He didn't do that bad here.

I think Calgary passed on claimimg him because they didn't want to mess with their recent winning streak. If they were still struggling and looking to change things up, however, it would have been a decent move.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
He got injured in preseason and was never able to stick in the lineup after that. Was invisible most of the time and was passed over by Hrivik who has looked good since being called up. The spot was his, but he couldn't outplay a struggling Oscar Lindberg who finally had a good game against Chicago the other night.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
He got hurt in training camp and never really pulled it together, he was pretty much filler on the roster. Keep in mind, the rangers have 5 Forwards injured and he got waived in favor of a few call ups from the AHL. I hope he turns it around in the desert.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
As I remember him he was a feisty little guy with some speed. He didn't do that bad here.

I think Calgary passed on claimimg him because they didn't want to mess with their recent winning streak. If they were still struggling and looking to change things up, however, it would have been a decent move.

Who says they passed on him? Arizona has a higher waiver priority.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
About the only waiver player is not rate as a better NHL player than either Jack Skille or Jayson Megna. Also only one to not pass Vancouver on the waiver claim priority.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Good for him. Hopefully he can shake off the injury and this will light a fire under his ass.

Was a very effective player at times.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I thought he looked good in Calgary, tbh. Could be a good depth player for the Yotes, even though he's getting pinata'ed by Rangers fans.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

No room for him.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I always liked him in Calgary. Won battles and races, had decent hands in tight, good PKer. Not the biggest guy but at ~6'0" / ~195 lbs wasn't undersized either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad