Confirmed with Link: Coyotes and Scripps Sports agree to a 4-year deal to broadcast Coyotes games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Funny, that's available on YouTube TV in phoenix? I'm not sure, I'm in Dallas. But that'd be funny(for now atleast), youtube tv you'd have access to the Coyotes, but won't have access to the Suns since they brought down 3tv(or are on Saturday).

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I hope YouTube TV will continue to carry Channel 61 when they make the switch. That'd be a good interim solution for me until they do the DTC streaming package.
If they do I will cut ties with overpriced Cox.

This helps fill in a lot of the gaps for sure
I'm sure this will make "Asshat Junior" happy.:laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

This helps fill in a lot of the gaps for sure
Yeah, that should work for Directv people like myself... I mean, I sorta wonder why it wasn't done that way to start with? (what could possibly be so revenue producing on 61 weekday evenings?) but whatever, take the win.

It seems in the past at some point, maybe in the 00s, pre Fox Sports Arizona, that a good percentage of the games were on 3 or 61? Am I making that up?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yeah, that should work for Directv people like myself... I mean, I sorta wonder why it wasn't done that way to start with? (what could possibly be so revenue producing on 61 weekday evenings?) but whatever, take the win.

It seems in the past at some point, maybe in the 00s, pre Fox Sports Arizona, that a good percentage of the games were on 3 or 61? Am I making that up?
Costs. Scripps already owned AntennaTV.... Not CW Network,

Had they been able to get Antenna on to DTV I doubt we see this change.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Costs. Scripps already owned AntennaTV.... Not CW Network,

Had they been able to get Antenna on to DTV I doubt we see this change.
Right but they (Scripps) own the station, Ch 61, yes? I assume one of those early games on 61 this year was because CW didn't have any programming that conflicted; that makes some sense...and now they'll (CW) be on 15.2 ... where they belong tbh. Big ups to everyone who complained to get that switch to happen, if that helped, because I'm now off the "well, f*ck, might as well try out the Tablo gizmo..." list, I get to continue with my old reliable, overpriced, but solid easy-to-use Directv DVR.

Last edited:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Right but they (Scripps) own the station, Ch 61, yes? I assume one of those early games on 61 this year was because CW didn't have any programming that conflicted; that makes some sense...and now they'll (CW) be on 15.2 ... where they belong tbh. Big ups to everyone who complained to get that switch to happen, if that helped, because I'm now off the "well, f*ck, might as well try out the Tablo gizmo..." list, I get to continue with my old reliable, overpriced, but solid easy-to-use Directv DVR.
Big win for YouTube tv subscribers to. That includes me. Built in dvr and no more shitty quality

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Just like they own Channel 15 but can’t put Coyotes games on it because it’s an ABC affiliate and has no NHL distribution rights.

I’m not going to even try delving into all the idiosyncrasies that exist with broadcast rights.

It’s like reading the Handbook For The Recently Dead.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
IMG_0241.png

Seems YouTubeTV now has them starting November 20th. f*** yeah

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Don't get too excited though guys. YouTube TV just dropped the channel the suns were on. Don't be shocked to see them do the same with this.
Scripps is a much bigger player than Gray Television. Scripps has a bunch of channels all over YT TV already. I don't think we need to worry.

• Love
Reactions: moosemeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: