Confirmed with Link: Coyotes acquire G Scott Wedgewood from NJD in exchange for a 5th round draft pick

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Good luck with him. He's a bit on the smaller side, but his athleticism and reflexes are ridiculous. A fun goalie to watch.

If anyone wants to check him out a bit, here was part of his brief stint in the NHL two years ago. This was in the middle of the NHL/MLBAM transition so the videos are ridiculously short.

Reactions: Yandover and RABBIT

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Does this mean Raanta’s groin is f*cked? Is this move just for a “competent” backup aka bad news for Louis?

Would imagine the plan is:

NHL - Raanta, Wedgewood
AHL - Hill, Miska

SR has hinted that Louie is on the outs. Langhamer has an option in his contract to go back to the Czech.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Good luck with him. He's a bit on the smaller side, but his athleticism and reflexes are ridiculous. A fun goalie to watch.

If anyone wants to check him out a bit, here was part of his brief stint in the NHL two years ago. This was in the middle of the NHL/MLBAM transition so the videos are ridiculously short.

thank you!

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Also - we already traded our 2018 5th to Philly in the Cousins deal. Bob must mean 2019.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yay?

I mean hey I'm all for trying something different so no complaints there.

And he had some nice numbers in very limited NHL action. Maybe he can surprise like Montoya did after we traded him?

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Like stated above, Wedgewood is a little undersized, but athletic and pretty solid all around. The only worry is him getting exposed by the shoddy defense in front of him. Still he'll do his best make the other team earn it. Just go easy on him if he only gives up two or three in a loss compared to Domingue's four or five plus.

Reactions: Yandover

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Like stated above, Wedgewood is a little undersized, but athletic and pretty solid all around. The only worry is him getting exposed by the shoddy defense in front of him. Still he'll do his best make the other team earn it. Just go easy on him if he only gives up two or three in a loss compared to Domingue's four or five plus.

Have you watched the Coyotes at all this season? If that's your worry, this was a terrible decision.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

thanks man!

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Have you watched the Coyotes at all this season? If that's your worry, this was a terrible decision.

I've watched and I'm reminded of things like the rangers game where the rags were on a two on two and both defenders chased the puck carrier into the corner leaving a man open in front for an easy goal.

This is fundamental hockey basics here and they can't keep from shooting themselves in the foot.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I've watched and I'm reminded of things like the rangers game where the rags were on a two on two and both defenders chased the puck carrier into the corner leaving a man open in front for an easy goal.

This is fundamental hockey basics here and they can't keep from shooting themselves in the foot.

Or is it aggression to a fault?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad