Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So pionk got the bump up to pair with Morrissey

I get it that you need offense when trailing

But ironic considering the accountability talks
Yeah I wondered that too, but then I thought maybe they were trying to play him with Morrissey to insulate him.

I'm a Neal Pionk fan but I'd scratch him today. He was atrocious - your worst game if you're a top 4 defenseman can't be that bad. He might need a wake up call.

Also, apparently the flu is running through the team again? Not sure if that impacted things yesterday. Also after a highly emotional game like the Canucks its not uncommon to have a flat one but championship caliber teams need to be able to regulate that.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah not sure what you do with Perfetti at this point. Youve all but given up on him as a center, and now he's pretty much invisible on the wing. His board battles are Laine soft and he isnt producing anything. Not a guy that screams playoff tough/performer either. The wrist excuse is like 3 months old now. He's borderline benchable at this point. Maybe Chevy does need to get a middle 6 winger after all.
I thought his battle level was good last night, much better than recently and he had a few really good looks.

Maybe he's starting to come out of it?

I don't see Ehlers and Perfetti playing well of of each other. Id definitely switch Connor and Ehlers and give that a decent run of games.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I really wish Bones would try a 3 scoring - 1 shutdown line.

Also, we have some depth now, how about giving some guys a break to watch a game from the pb and get hungry?

I'm not against scratching Pionk, Perfetti and iafallo for a game, and I really didn't like Niederraiters game yesterday, though I don't see scratching him.

Who not go crazy:

Ehlers Schiefele
Connor Monahan
Perfetti Namestnikov
Niederraiter Lowry

Make those your pairs, and then fill the lines in with your remaining forwards. I've always been a fan of anchor pairs, then you can rotate the other forwards around depending on who's going and there's always familiarity.

The Lowry line is good for 15 minutes a night (depending on special teams and game score) so then you have 45 minutes to divvy up between the other 3 lines.

Make it clear that the pair that is playing the best on any given night will get the most minutes. Create some internal competition.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How do you figure that Ehlers/Perfetti/Iafallo were doing well?

Screenshot_20240220-075208_Chrome.jpg

At 53% and 60% in xGF%

Reactions: hn777

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The good thing is the PP is now killing it (thank you Monahan), the bad thing is we are now struggling mightily at 5v5 after Bones changed up the lines. The new topline is bleeding high-danger chances against. Monahan - while excellent on the PP - is too slow for Ehlers and even Perfetti.
Why change what's not broken? Ehlers and Perfetti had great results with Namestnikov, so if Bones doesn't wanna play Ehlers with Scheifele, then play him with Namestnikov, and play them as many minutes as the Scheifele line.
It's funny that no matter who's playing with 91 and 27 its their fault. Those players need to figure it out. Perfetti will be fine - he's still very young and inexperienced. Ehlers goes through this multiple times in a season. He goes a few games without scoring and then he gets in his head and starts overplaying and gets frustrated, and then starts forcing plays. Then people wonder why the coach doesn't trust him.

Connor makes mistakes for sure but for the most part he just plays the same game. That's why the coach trusts him.

How many times do you see Connor make a play where it results in a high danger chance against? He makes the puck really well especially in the most dangerous spots on the ice. I get that he is weak in our zone without the puck but it's much easier to compensate for that.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Is it safe to say that the Jets remain consistently inconsistent as they have been for most of their existence in Winnipeg? I feel like I'm watching reruns of a very familiar show.
No it's not, but thanks for asking fox news.

How do you think the Jets are at the top of the league in winning percentage? Show me one team that doesn't slump in a season. Show me one team that doesn't have the occasional stinker.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Try Perfetti with Scheif.

Perfetti Scheif Volare
Nino Names Ehlers
KFC Monahan Iafallo
Barron Lowry Apples

Tarasenko would be nice if the price were reasonable.

jetter17

Jan 22, 2024
Manitoba
Just some ramblings from an old man
Hockey (most sports) are 50% skill - 50% emotion. Jets had very little emotion yesterday
Mentioned in earlier posts but maybe the Barron bug has hit more of the team
Perfetti is lacking in confidence right now, would a stint with the Moose do him good or destroy his confidence even more?
With the speed Conner has, just once I'd like to see him drive to the net instead of turn to the boards.
I think the Jets need to start rotating guys into the lineup a little more. Keep them a little fresher and create that competition where if they aren't performing they can be replaced and also keep their PB guys fresher and more in synch when called upon if injuries happen

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
would love ehlers to contribute more on the pp. He had time on the first unit and the second unit is still getting minutes and Ehlers is still not putting up points.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just some ramblings from an old man
Hockey (most sports) are 50% skill - 50% emotion. Jets had very little emotion yesterday
Mentioned in earlier posts but maybe the Barron bug has hit more of the team
Perfetti is lacking in confidence right now, would a stint with the Moose do him good or destroy his confidence even more?
With the speed Conner has, just once I'd like to see him drive to the net instead of turn to the boards.
I think the Jets need to start rotating guys into the lineup a little more. Keep them a little fresher and create that competition where if they aren't performing they can be replaced and also keep their PB guys fresher and more in synch when called upon if injuries happen

You just have to let the slumping players play out of their slumps. Perfetti will eventually get it together and start scoring, it's all part of the learning process of a young player. I also don't think he's eligible to play for the Moose with the number of games he's played in the NHL without requiring waivers but someone else who knows the CBA better would have to confirm.

Reactions: thereturn

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
An under 22 player who's never played an NHL game yet, of course.
Lol I know right? The Jets barely ever do that. And if folks are thinking Gus in for Perfetti, I think we're really missing the plot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille