OT: Covid19 part 13 Easter Cottage Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Pro tip: I always try to put something over the counter like a newspaper or something I'm going to throw out anyway. It makes the clean up way easier after.
Couldn't agree more! In my case I use a kitchen garbage bag, ripped open to cover the floor (I'm sitting with my head leaning back while my gf takes care of the clipper). Takes two seconds to clean up after.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The good weather is coming fast. I expect people will run out of patience and will want to go outside, have sex and what not.

After a full month seeing no body, I finally gave up on Saturday. I had 2 friends come over, they got in from my backyard and sat on my porch, keeping 2 meters away from each other. I see nothing wrong with that, I'll do it again.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It almost sounds over the top you know? Like a way to keep people afraid.

I'm not wearing a tin foil hat, just saying it sounds like this thing gets worse and worse to deal with.
At this point, these stories are more sensational than informative. Journalists are running out of ideas and are searching for any angle to grab people's attention. Unfortunately, fear sells. Keep in mind most viruses are more contagious before symptoms appear, so this report changes little. It hasn't suddenly become easier to get infected because they've just now measured viral loads.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
La Russie est partie pour la gloire! Wow, it has risen fast!

BTW, Florida has less deaths than our province, yet has more cases.

Reactions: Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
And from what I gathered, if you did catch it and were asymptomatic, you would eventually get some of the symptoms.
People going through life without know they ever caught the Rona are pretty uncommon.
Could be. I've been saying we have to reserve judgment on all this data because testing is so inconsistent and inaccurate across the globe. But even if it's true that lots of people are asymptomatic, two weeks later the virus is gone anyway, whether or not they ever realized it was there. At this point, if you and your friend have been healthy and isolated, it's a very safe bet there's no virus to catch. A month later, if you're feeling fine it's because you are fine (the caveat is someone who's connected to a high traffic environment like a residence or hospital). I mean, I respect some of the guys on this board who are counselling caution, but when the danger has been reduced to a tiny theoretical risk, I stop worrying about it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You think so? I find it weird that they have had many cases, but so few deaths, compared to the other US states who have been hit by CV-19.
Not sure what demographic is being infected, but if the spike represents people returning to partying on the beach, they'd typically be much younger and less likely to have serious symptoms.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'm not touching mine. I usually keep it at around 4 inches long, but by now it's basically down to my mid-chest.

Can't do anything about my hair either. My haircut is most of my head shaved with the middle (about 2-3 inches) untouched, combed back and tied into a ponytail. I just can't shave the hair on the sides by myself without potentially destroying the top portion that I've been growing out for several years now.

EDIT: This is similar to the look I have except my ponytail is longer and my beard is typically shorter.

Never tried the Maori look? It's my go style to in times of angst.

maori-warrior-in-the-forest-1.jpg

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
God this is so boring lol, I mean it wasnt THAT joyful to watch hab games but I like to watch hockey period, but im really bummed I cant watch the NBA either, which baseball teams look good early (was dying to see how the dodgers would look)

Just want this damn Virus to dissipate already, I hate feeling like our entire planet is held hostage by this thing, I just hate what its doing to everybodys socialness, even after this is all done I feel like the pricks and jackasses and generally not nice people will have carte blanche to resume and re-enforce their terrible attitudes and faults. It felt like people were generally reserved and quiet and distant BEFORE but now I fear people interaction has changed for the worse in a hopefully NOT permanent way..

I thought I was handling this sportless eventless world pretty good for a couple months but god I am DYING for it to all come back, April-May is always a magical time in sports rivalled only by October, its compounded even more so when the habs are playoff bound (sigh, maybe one year), you can just smell it in the air, theres nothing like habs victories in the playoffs

Right now id settle for playoff ANYthing

Anything?

MagnificentWindyAndeancondor-max-1mb.gif

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I read that the killer targeted his ex and her boyfriend... then he just randomly continued the killing spree he was on :(
Obviously, to be taken w/t a grain of salt until confirmed...

What a deranged twisted narcissistic individual. All that planning to to kill 2 people and then go on a spree,and no one saw signs of trouble looming from him? This was not spur of the moment thing where one snaps. He methodically prepared for all this including his end game,whatever he was thinking,suicide by cop most likely.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You think so? I find it weird that they have had many cases, but so few deaths, compared to the other US states who have been hit by CV-19.

On average the number of infected will result in about 2-5% of them dying after approximately 20 days. It's going to happen here (already started) and it's going to happen in Florida. They started after us, so they haven't hit this stage yet.

I am preparing myself for the next 3 weeks. The number of deaths in Quebec is going to ramp up quite a bit now given the number of elderly who are sick (and already in poor health). It's going to be a very difficult time.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
a sort of covid / hockey question, do you guys sees any nhl team, or even other north American sports teams going into bankruptcy or even fold from this, and if so who?
And if not, which teams you think will have strict internals caps to manage not being insolvant.

while i we all laughed at the pathetic hostile offer the habs made for aho, i cant help and think how the cash component attached to it, has become way, and i mean way more impactful on their and their owner cash flow

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
On average the number of infected will result in about 2-5% of them dying after approximately 20 days. It's going to happen here (already started) and it's going to happen in Florida. They started after us, so they haven't hit this stage yet.

I am preparing myself for the next 3 weeks. The number of deaths in Quebec is going to ramp up quite a bit now given the number of elderly who are sick (and already in poor health). It's going to be a very difficult time.

Yes,

Per Gov't optimist projection, we would have 100, 117, 160 and 180 deaths per day for the next 4 days.
Yesterday, we had 877 deaths and the optimist projection had us at 383.

We should reach 1000 deaths and I wouldn't be surprised if we'd be closer to 1100

for today: Gov't Optimist projection
1500 cases and 100 deaths

What we should expect? 1000 cases and 150 deaths.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
a sort of covid / hockey question, do you guys sees any nhl team, or even other north American sports teams going into bankruptcy or even fold from this, and if so who?
And if not, which teams you think will have strict internals caps to manage not being insolvant.

while i we all laughed at the pathetic hostile offer the habs made for aho, i cant help and think how the cash component attached to it, has become way, and i mean way more impactful on their and their owner cash flow

I don't think a team would leave directly because of that. The NHL will support those teams.
It might accelerate some bankruptcy in long term

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At this point, these stories are more sensational than informative. Journalists are running out of ideas and are searching for any angle to grab people's attention. Unfortunately, fear sells.

Journalism, social media and broadcast media at large, same modus operandi.

As the great Jimmy Breslin once said: the message of TV, is to watch more TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad