OT: Covid-19 (Part 33) You Better Watch Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I didn't follow the thread but just to mention that one of the latest plot theory is the vaccine will change dna. This is what my two plot theory friends says, after le micro chip fear (5 months ago).

Here's a link that explains the theory and why it isn't true.
False claim: A COVID-19 vaccine will genetically modify humans

People see RNA and they assume it means DNA. What I don’t understand is why people dont bother just looking up what it means before assuming whatever some shithead says on facebook is automatically true.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This is about very young kids and more specifically those with already reading difficulties.
''A possible reason for that difference is that younger children are in the process of learning to read and require explicit and systematic instruction from their teachers, which was disrupted because of school closures. In contrast, older children in the phase of ‘reading to learn’ don’t need the same type of explicit instruction and can do well on their own,” he suggested.''

I've always maintained to keep elementary schools opened, they could perhaps add an extra day off, but I get it. For high schools though, they can work remotely.

This is one study on a specific group. It would be naive to assume many others aren't affected.

I agree children are most at risk but school is an essential service to me. 10000X more than restaurants, bars, gyms, etc...

It's also worse for the parents who cannot afford to be at home for the kids.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This is one study on a specific group. It would be naive to assume many others aren't affected.

I agree children are most at risk but school is an essential service to me. 10000X more than restaurants, bars, gyms, etc...

It's also worse for the parents who cannot afford to be at home for the kids.

Of course there are many affected, just like traditional schooling is also inadequate to many kids and teenagers.
According to your own article, school shutdowns is a bigger factor for younger kids in early grading, and again, I'm not saying 6 year olds should be learding from home.

Schools are essential, no doubt, but not like food or health services. Your kid ain't dying if he misses 6 months of school. He's not going to develop down syndrome either. As earlier mentioned, keep elementary schools open, high schools can shut down temporarily. Your 12 year old can learn at home just fine. That 12 yo kid is probably more tech savy than most parents, he'll be just fine.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Non-essential businesses close for 2 weeks starting Dec. 25
Outside activities in group of 8 allowed, but real activities, not sitting around and having a drink

As much work from home as possible starting Thursday

Reactions: llamateizer

Julien LG

Dec 16, 2018
They have to. Studies show kids are already behind learning under new formats and parents need to work. I would consider this part of the essential parts of life.

Could it be safer? Maybe. I don't know all the specifics but I'm sure it can be improved.

Perhaps i was not clear enough. I completely agree with you.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Outside activities in group of 8 allowed, but real activities, not sitting around and having a drink

I dont get the 2 weeks time line..what are they trying to achieve with this? We know it takes 4~6 weeks to observe a drop due to lockdown.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I dont get the 2 weeks time line..what are they trying to achieve with this? We know it takes 4~6 weeks to observe a drop due to lockdown.
He doesn't care about getting the situation under control. He clearly only cares about the economy. He will stretch our hospital system thin til we hit spring. Closing for longer means give out more money to PMEs to support them. He is a business man after all.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He doesn't care about getting the situation under control. He clearly only cares about the economy. He will stretch our hospital system thin til we hit spring. Closing for longer means give out more money to PMEs to support them. He is a business man after all.
Why close at all then...and why 8 people outdoor...shit dont make any sense anymore.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

We'll know exactly the lenght when Legault talk later.....some now are saying that it's from the 25th unitl the 11th. (2 1/2 weeks)
Then again, it's easier to swallow that pill than saying it's going to be for a month....than add an extra week extension, which is also easier .....there you go, you have a 4 weeks.

I think it's just disguised a little. We both know it.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Why close at all then...and why 8 people outdoor...shit dont make any sense anymore.

Being outside reduces the risk of contagion.
Being gathered inside for multiple hours is bigger risks. I like having the option to gather outside.

People see RNA and they assume it means DNA. What I don’t understand is why people dont bother just looking up what it means before assuming whatever some shithead says on facebook is automatically true.

mRNA, Nano, it's all scary words.

When would schools in Quebec resume in-person?
Technically around the 7th for my daughter's school.

But we got a note from her teacher saying that she's including homework for the month of january in the backpack if the schools don't re-open next year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We'll know exactly the lenght when Legault talk later.....some now are saying that it's from the 25th unitl the 11th. (2 1/2 weeks)
Then again, it's easier to swallow that pill than saying it's going to be for a month....than add an extra week extension, which is also easier .....there you go, you have a 4 weeks.

I think it's just disguised a little. We both know it.
Get that, but makes them look even sillier. Might as well stick to the 4 weeks they've been using for October and November.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
69 new hospitalization today. Big jump. But it's okay. We can still go shopping until Xmas. I'm so irrated, my family slowing losing everything my dad built from scratch when he moved here in 82. On top of that, he got asked to refund 8000$ of PCU cuz he's not eligible because he didn't give himself a salary with his business last year.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Moderna vaccine is about to get approved by Health Canada. This means more vaccines to come. Everything is coming sooner than expected which is good news.

Reactions: Milhouse40

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Today's jump in hospitalizations stood out to me in a bad way, looking at the data just earlier.

It is now easier to rob a bank than to get into a clinic. I know since I was at one this morning for a scheduled blood test, ordered by my family doc. Damn, it was like trying to penetrate Fort Knox

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014

How very ableist of them. Sorry anyone that can't run around and do winter sports, no outside activities for you! You can't just sit distanced and talk while getting fresh air, you must be engaged in activity that makes you breath harder.

Makes total sense, like all their rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad