OT: Covid-19 (Part 33) You Better Watch Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It wasn't direct in the sense the cop isn't the one who takes the decision, its coming from above or someone at his work I assume. Then he talked to your relative
Im not doubting you, aside from that, they can't just drop a fine for alleged gathering on your windshield because your car is parked somewhere, and certainly not before warning the population. This would create major blowback.
Also, city police are usually under minicipal government, answering to the Mayor. State police isn't going to start patrolling the streets checking license plates.

Not doubting you or your relative. Just don't see this actually happening.

For all we know, it already has been internally approved by those in authority. Or maybe not. Who knows.

I rarely share information that comes to my attention in here for a reason. I just don't care to be right or to gain anything, just meant to give a heads up if anyone is interested. If not, it doesn't change anything for me.

In fact, I've posted more about this than I care to comment. I've said what I had to say and it'll fall where it may.

Back to Covid boxes.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Just heard Legault plans to only close stores starting on Christmas day... he wants to give people enough time to buy gifts?!
LOL I'm done. This is getting ridiculous.

Something....Something....ECONOMICS!!! :sarcasm:

4qdean.jpg

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Just heard Legault plans to only close stores starting on Christmas day... he wants to give people enough time to buy gifts?!
LOL I'm done. This is getting ridiculous.
He didn't officially say this though, he said it on this little one on one interview, saying he wants to let people get gifts but shops don't have to remain open till 25th for that.
I work at a car dealership, we expect to shutdown by the end of the week.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It ain't about the economics here people. It's about the optics so he can say that the shops were open so mommy and daddy could go out and give their little ones Christmas. He's already being accused of taking Christmas away from people and this would just be one more piece of evidence. Why do I say that? Because if it were truly about economics, he wouldn't be closing the stores the day before one of, if not the, biggest shopping days of the calendar year.

P.S. I'm not advocating for keeping it open. I'm just pointing out what it is or isn't actually about.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
He didn't officially say this though, he said it on this little one on one interview, saying he wants to let people get gifts but shops don't have to remain open till 25th for that.
I work at a car dealership, we expect to shutdown by the end of the week.
Media seems confident about it. Lapresse has it in the article. I guess we will find out tomorrow. I expected things to close Friday as well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That box need and probably will be on the cover of magazine.
Follow the box....wonder if they will try to get it in the dumpster once they are done with it.

Scavengers. :laugh:

They’ll have to fight Bergevin over it, though.

That’s where Marc uncovers his finds and reclamation projects.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
No masks in CHSLD is comme. Those people are not conscient enought.

We have tons of problem in RPA with some people.

1 employee worked while being asymptomatic. Friday we had 1st case

2 days after we have now 5 cases with 2 deaths....

Was a brutal day today at office. Family who come see parents are still stupid for aroumd 30% not wearing mask properly and still hugging and kissin elderly people...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In CHLSDs, yes.

:o

Really? Doesn’t seem right.

Quebec City should have done what every other major city did — have a frontline worker be the first and use appropriate PPE. What’s done is done.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
No masks in CHSLD is comme. Those people are not conscient enought.

We have tons of problem in RPA with some people.

1 employee worked while being asymptomatic. Friday we had 1st case

2 days after we have now 5 cases with 2 deaths....

Was a brutal day today at office. Family who come see parents are still stupid for aroumd 30% not wearing mask properly and still hugging and kissin elderly people...
What is RPA?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
13,000 signed up volunteering for the Astra Zenica trials, a few hundreds are needed. Most likely they will not have any use for me given that I don't work where I am in contact with people and they are prioritizing those and also minorities and elderly.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

This is about very young kids and more specifically those with already reading difficulties.
''A possible reason for that difference is that younger children are in the process of learning to read and require explicit and systematic instruction from their teachers, which was disrupted because of school closures. In contrast, older children in the phase of ‘reading to learn’ don’t need the same type of explicit instruction and can do well on their own,” he suggested.''

I've always maintained to keep elementary schools opened, they could perhaps add an extra day off, but I get it. For high schools though, they can work remotely.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
It ain't about the economics here people. It's about the optics so he can say that the shops were open so mommy and daddy could go out and give their little ones Christmas. He's already being accused of taking Christmas away from people and this would just be one more piece of evidence. Why do I say that? Because if it were truly about economics, he wouldn't be closing the stores the day before one of, if not the, biggest shopping days of the calendar year.

P.S. I'm not advocating for keeping it open. I'm just pointing out what it is or isn't actually about.

I'll have to politely disagree, most are shopping online nowadays, this is to pander to local commerces and give them false hope.
Covid has accelerated the shift to online commerce and this just gives them a bit more time while shifting all the risk on the workers. Most have been confined for months , people are looking for any reason to go out , this just concentrates people (the type of people that can't resist the impulse) and will directly lead to more cases. Sounds great...:help:

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

That's like saying it's not about the economics otherwise he'd keep everything open.
He's picking and choosing what he can, and yes, the economy is absolutely at play here.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad