OT: Covid-19 (Part 19) How Fragile We Are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilhouseIsScared

Apr 27, 2020
wearing a mask when walking or doing outdoors activities is pretty much useless as contacting covid in open air areas is so tough. Wearing a mask indoors in confined spaces should be mandatory though

they need to dumb it down for people, or they won’t understand it
Well I meant if you are using the bus , metro or if you go shopping etc Sadly yes they have to dumb it down so people can understand

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It’s not about transparency it’s about how and when they receive the information. You could die of a stroke and be counted as a covid death. That’s the issue. I don’t believe it is well calculated.

It's hard to know. There's no doubt that everything medical is makeshift, but we also know that covid attacks organs and deaths do not need to be from respiratory issues to be caused by the virus. I'd personally call it a wash between wrongly attributing deaths to covid and missing ones that are.

If nothing else, the strain caused directly on the health care system is a large contributing factor to deaths by virtue of sheer volume generated by the pandemic. So many deaths from other factors are still related directly to a decreasing level of care which is 100% attributable to covid itself.

Reactions: Runner77

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Maybe they should threaten people.

stores won’t be open until everyone wears a mask. Maybe that will work

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Arruda just said there are as many deaths in CHSLDs this year as there were last year at this date...

This thing is way overblown.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There are just too many yahoos from pleebs to politicians who are willing to sacrifice lives for more convenience, or because they read something from an anonymous poster on FB that supports their own biases.
I mean it's normal to see a rise in numbers after reopening. Schools should remain closed though, they're cesspools.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
It's hard to know. There's no doubt that everything medical is makeshift, but we also know that covid attacks organs and deaths do not need to be from respiratory issues to be caused by the virus. I'd personally call it a wash between wrongly attributing deaths to covid and missing ones that are.

If nothing else, the strain caused directly on the health care system is a large contributing factor to deaths by virtue of sheer volume generated by the pandemic. So many deaths from other factors are still related directly to a decreasing level of care which is 100% attributable to covid itself.
For sure, my gripe is that we are comparing our “cautiously” calculated deaths with other countries which may not be counting at all the same way. I wish someone who knows how deaths are calculated here and elsewhere could explain it to me but I haven’t found the answer yet.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Arruda just said there are as many deaths in CHSLDs this year as there were last year at this date...

Mmmmm are you sure? I’d love the quote on that. If true it just furthers my point as to how covid deaths are calculated and how we need to know the actual covid death rate by correctly identifying them and testing as much as possible.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
OK, I think I see why he's agressive with the Montreal Gazette (again today). I should have thought of it before...

It's about who's really behind the Gazette.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Of course. The only reason they were ok initially to reopen schools was because there was capacity in hospitals. Not because it is safe.

They were never OK with it...hence the constant postponement.
I'm really fed up with the Qc gov, they completely dropped the ball. They haven't done squat to really help the people or give clear guidelines.
How do you think about reopening schools for kids where keeping distancing will be literally impossible, yes, impossible, with hundreds - if not thousands of people enclosed in what is already considered cesspools....but you don't want to open retail shops when they can have way better control on measures???...
How is allowing small gatherings of 2-3 people still not permitted but I can chill with my neighbours 2m apart.

Just makes no freaking sense. There is no consistency and logic behind their decisions.

Since the first week I've been saying just wear masks. My friends were telling no because they don't want to take them away from the health workers. We are more than 2 months in, they still haven't gotten masks to supply the population and they still aren't telling public transport users it's mandatory to use masks....
I mean honestly, what the f*** is wrong with this government??

It's been over 2 months...what the hell have they been doing other than tally up stats, and to make themselves look even worse, they can't even get the numbers right.

f*** these guys.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

No he did not.

He did say that there was about 2,000 extra deaths in the CHSLD compared to last year. That's what he said yesterday.

MilhouseIsScared

Apr 27, 2020

I sincerely believe that you must be in pretty bad shape to die from it if you are under 60 years old , or you have really shit immune system / illnesses, and if you are in good health then it is your job to protect others who are more prone to develop more serious illnesses from covid19 !

Reactions: MasterD

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
what did he say?

Explain

Reporter mentioned he was told by some teachers that the didactic material with which they are working with kids online or from home was of lower quality than elsewhere in the country.

He replied : that's your judgment. The material is of quality, blablblablabla...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He did not say that. He said that the daily number of deaths is not representatitive of what happened yesterday.
He still needs a vacation. There is a massive lack of leadership. Government is incapable of giving clear definitive directions and they have been sitting on their thrones doing very little other than collect data for 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad