OT: Covid-19 (Part 18) All Made Up and Nowhere To Go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Well, as I’ve been saying since the beginning, of the numbers were bad they’d postpone...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
After the good news of no new reported cases again today here in NL it now looks like 85 hospital staff will need to self isolate for 14 days after possible contact with a positive COVID-19 patient over the weekend. :(

After doing so well for the past couple of weeks I now expect more positive cases in the near future around these parts but hopefully not.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/hsc-staff-isolating-possible-exposure-1.5554937
If they act quickly they can contain it. It's happened to other countries where they have new cases pop up after seemingly being over it, they act fast and contain a second time.
Just respect the measures put in place.

Reactions: sheed36

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Guess what, my throat is starting to feel on fire, and swollen..... been 2 days and getting worse...

Well if you never hear from me again, it was an honor and I wish you fun for the next 10 years extension of MB'S contract :D
Sorry dude, you're not ducking away from this mess that easy. I expect updates on how lousy you feel for the next few days, until you recover and are back to normal.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
After the good news of no new reported cases again today here in NL it now looks like 85 hospital staff will need to self isolate for 14 days after possible contact with a positive COVID-19 patient over the weekend. :(

After doing so well for the past couple of weeks I now expect more positive cases in the near future around these parts but hopefully not.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/hsc-staff-isolating-possible-exposure-1.5554937

This is the correct way to contain and manage the infection. Test-trace-isolate, it is exactly what a top notch response looks like.

You should be proud, I wish we had this kind of proactive government but instead they just want us all to get infected. And I guess, never see our parents or anyone over 60 years old ever again.

Reactions: sheed36

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Sorry dude, you're not ducking away from this mess that easy. I expect updates on how lousy you feel for the next few days, until you recover and are back to normal.

I know and I really hope it is just nothing, maybe allergies since the trees are blooming these days. I don't have any fever or anuthing else, so....

I aslo he4rd tht dyslexa hppen wehn covid hits so im fnei

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This is the correct way to contain and manage the infection. Test-trace-isolate, it is exactly what a top notch response looks like.

You should be proud, I wish we had this kind of proactive government but instead they just want us all to get infected. And I guess, never see our parents or anyone over 60 years old ever again.

Yes I've been very pleased with how the NL Government has handled the COVID-19 situation in this province. As was mentioned in the previous thread being an island with a small population as been a huge advantage in being able to pretty much control this virus from spreading too much.

I'm sure there will be more cases in the future but so far the people seem to be listening to what the Government is telling them to do for the most part and it seems to be paying off thus far and hopefully it continues. The most used word in televised updates from the NL Government is "bubble" and reminding residents to stay within their own "bubble" and to respect and not burst someone else's "bubble".

Since there have been such a small amount of new cases within the past couple of weeks the Gov has lifted some restrictions somewhat and we're now allowed to add another household to our own "bubble" and we can "double bubble". :) Great for grandparents to be able to see their grandkids and stuff. If the cases stay low they will lift more restrictions on May 11th I believe so fingers crossed.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Guess what, my throat is starting to feel on fire, and swollen..... been 2 days and getting worse...

Well if you never hear from me again, it was an honor and I wish you fun for the next 10 years extension of MB'S contract :D

Could be any number of things. Take large doses of vitamin C, gargle frequently with listerine, and make sure you sanitize your toothbrush every time your use it.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man...this economy...it's getting really scary. So many industries are so close to being completely f***ed.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
upload_2020-5-4_20-20-0.png

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Looks like some stores are reopening next week in BC. I drove by a Starbucks yesterday and there was a huge line up, about 20 cars. Firetruck comes, driver waits 1 minute, goes around and park in a empty parking lot. Everyone gets out putting their jacket on and walk to the door to place their orders. These guys skipped a 20+ minutes wait.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's a different approach if you'd like to get your reading in if you haven't been motivated.

Everyday, these people are hosting a one-hour silent reading session on Zoom.

Quipped Colbert, "It's the perfect event for anyone who wants to be silently ignored, but does not have a cat."

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Situation in Montreal is critical.

Hospital ERs are badly overcrowded.

Outbreaks in several hospitals.

Both Dr Drouin and Arruda admitting curve is still increasing in Montreal.

New major outbreak in Park Ex.

Outbreak in RDP is getting bigger.

Thanks to the inaction of our mayor it is looking increasingly likely we are headed towards an actual, real quarantine. Not a fake one like we've been doing for 8 weeks but a real, Italy/Spain shutdown where you can only leave your house once a week.

Worst part is it will be mid-June before they take any action.

It's going to get very ugly.

Reactions: llamateizer

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Hospital ERs are badly overcrowded.
Depends where maybe. I have ex-colleagues at the ER in Sacré-Coeur and friends at ER of Cité de la Santé. I also work with people that came from Pierre-LeGardeur hospital.

They all tell me that ERs are mostly empty compared to usual. Lots of nurses from ERs were transfered to CHSLDs or ICUs because they are not required in the ER. Confines people don't tend tend to get into accidents or catch infections as much as before, work related accidents have been pretty much inexistent, etc.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Depends where maybe. I have ex-colleagues at the ER in Sacré-Coeur and friends at ER of Cité de la Santé. I also work with people that came from Pierre-LeGardeur hospital.

They all tell me that ERs are mostly empty compared to usual. Lots of nurses from ERs were transfered to CHSLDs or ICUs because they are not required in the ER. Confines people don't tend tend to get into accidents or catch infections as much as before, work related accidents have been pretty much inexistent, etc.

Sacre Coeur has been in good shape for the most part so far but the Jewish was over 100% capacity today, as was the General, Royal Vic, Lakeshore, St Mary's, CHUM, Santa Cabrini and Maisonneuve-Rosemont. They were all over 100% at one point between 4 and 8 pm today. Overall ER capacity was around 85% for most of today in Montreal. Hospital managers have raised an alarm as they cannot keep COVID patients isolated at these levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad