OT: Covid-19 Part 12:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Legault's got balls asking the doctors to go do grunt work in CHSLDs.

Good ! Would do them a lot of good to come back to earth with the little people, these God-complexed specialized doctors (generalization I know, but not without merit).

And I don't want to hear how long they stayed in school. I don't want to hear it.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Edited: I had the wrong number of new cases in QC

Last edited:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I'm taking into account hospitalized cases too, including ICU numbers which are going down.

It's two fold:

It's optimistic to look at the hospitalizations and ICU numbers that are not blowing up. That's definitely positive.

The pessimistic part is that the number of cases are getting smaller because they stopped testing the general public if you show no signs of the disease. My boss whos father is in a CHSLD and has spent the last two weeks in and out at least twice a day wanted to get tested, they told him unless he presents signs, they will not test him.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
+1142 cases
Is that our worst day ?
(and please don't tell me about the % I freaking don't care)

Not sure where you got 1142, today it's 612. The worst single day raise in cases was april 5th with 947.

% increase is important given if you have more population that are infected, you would anticipate the % of new cases to be the same or higher if you do not have a control on it. Showing a % growing that is getting smaller shows improvement. However as I mentioned earlier, they aren't testing everyone, so mt Everest size grain of salt.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
It's two fold:

It's optimistic to look at the hospitalizations and ICU numbers that are not blowing up. That's definitely positive.

The pessimistic part is that the number of cases are getting smaller because they stopped testing the general public if you show no signs of the disease. My boss whos father is in a CHSLD and has spent the last two weeks in and out at least twice a day wanted to get tested, they told him unless he presents signs, they will not test him.

Yes, numbers of case would go down if less tests are done, but if the number of cases were still increasing you would see it in hospitals numbers. Hospitalisation (at least here) are not just for fun. They are quite clear that shortness of breath and difficulty to thrive is one of the major symptoms that will bring you to hospitals. Not simply being positive.

ICU numbers however are a different matter. In BC they are moving people in hospitals from ICU to "normal" on a day to day basis because they have the space and they say it helps people to recover faster.

Reactions: lo striver and Andy

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
... we had a Provigo and an IGA within walking distance. I used both and Provigo was definitely cheaper but IGA had more class; but I haven't seen a Provigo in years.
Provigo was bought by Loblaws years ago, aka Maxi, Zehrs, No Frills, Independent, etc, the stores with the President's Choice brand.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
It's +612, not 1142.

And yes % is more important

Oops I was looking at the number of new cases in Canada not QC.

612 is more reassuring for sure.

p.s.
A muderer kills one people the first day, 2 the second day, 3 the third day, etc. The daily % would go down but I don't think this would be that comforting for the remaining people :)

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Yes, numbers of case would go down if less tests are done, but if the number of cases were still increasing you would see it in hospitals numbers. Hospitalisation (at least here) are not just for fun. They are quite clear that shortness of breath and difficulty to thrive is one of the major symptoms that will bring you to hospitals. Not simply being positive.

ICU numbers however are a different matter. In BC they are moving people in hospitals from ICU to "normal" on a day to day basis because they have the space and they say it helps people to recover faster.

I respectfully disagree that the hospital numbers are indicative of infected case numbers. I am not worried about being infected from someone coughing up a lung, I am worried about my electrician on site who sneezes on me while being asymptomatic with covid-19. The vast majority of infected cases worldwide do not need to be hospitalized, simply look at Quebec, it's a 6.6% of all cases that are hospitalized that were tested. That's 93% of people not in hospitals that are infected and tested and how many more that are not tested at all?

Reactions: zx81

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
we do our grocery 2/3 times a week - no delivery, we keep our distance, wash our hands regularly... we're 100% healthy.

and eating fresh food.
I woke up early this morning and went at 7am to No Frills, senior hour. No waiting on line, was in and out of there in 30 minutes. Just about everybody in there were wearing masks and gloves.

And they had so much 30 double rolls toilet paper (=60 rolls) in the middle of a large aisle to fill up a bedroom. Not a bathroom, a bedroom. They had hundreds of them, stacked way over my head.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I respectfully disagree that the hospital numbers are indicative of infected case numbers. I am not worried about being infected from someone coughing up a lung, I am worried about my electrician on site who sneezes on me while being asymptomatic with covid-19. The vast majority of infected cases worldwide do not need to be hospitalized, simply look at Quebec, it's a 6.6% of all cases that are hospitalized that were tested. That's 93% of people not in hospitals that are infected and tested and how many more that are not tested at all?

Yup. If you look at my post a few pages back showing the research done by the New England journal of medicine. It tested the whole population of pregnant women coming in for child birth and it showed that of all positive cases, there were 7 (!!) times more asymptomatic cases than symptomatic. That shows that not only are the cases are undervalued (and death rate overvalued) but it shows how asymptomatic cases are the principal vector of the spread.

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

You are missing the point, although you are understanding it :) Only a percentage indeed needs hospitalisation because their symptoms are such that can't live without being in hospitals. They just don't have enough air. But that percentage is pretty much constant in a given population. So if numbers of people being infected go down, hence hospitalisation numbers will go down too.

I'm not comparing hospitalisation from another juridiction, I'm comparing inside the same health system on a day to day basis.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Oops I was looking at the number of new cases in Canada not QC.

612 is more reassuring for sure.

p.s.
A muderer kills one people the first day, 2 the second day, 3 the third day, etc. The daily % would go down but I don't think this would be that comforting for the remaining people :)
Where the hell you do live? Chicago? That murderer would have been shot the hell down while attempting... let alone some kind of killing spree!

Reactions: dinodebino

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Mass talent releases in WWE ongoing.

Biggest names would be Gallows & Anderson.

EDIT: f*** that, they cut Kurt Angle.

Kidman, Finlay, Rotunda, Helms, Lance Storm, gone amongst the staff.

Days after Linda McMahon giving 18 millions to Florida leading to WWE being named an essential service there. Not a good look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
You are missing the point, although you are understanding it :) Only a percentage indeed needs hospitalisation because their symptoms are such that can't live without being in hospitals. They just don't have enough air. But that percentage is pretty much constant in a given population. So if numbers of people being infected go down, hence hospitalisation numbers will go down too.

I'm not comparing hospitalisation from another juridiction, I'm comparing inside the same health system on a day to day basis.

I don’t agree. You are trying to extrapolate information from the small side of the sample. It’s far too volatile to be able to trust the data.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Yup. If you look at my post a few pages back showing the research done by the New England journal of medicine. It tested the whole population of pregnant women coming in for child birth and it showed that of all positive cases, there were 7 (!!) times more asymptomatic cases than symptomatic. That shows that not only are the cases are undervalued (and death rate overvalued) but it shows how asymptomatic cases are the principal vector of the spread.

that’s why mask should not be optional. It’s frustrating that it’s the supply of masks that dictate the dialogue and not the actual medical reason.

CNESST is telling us that on construction site to not wear masks for no reason, likely to no induce panic. But who knows who is infected? If we have 14k tested and infected, we have almost 100k given that NE study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad