Injury Report: Couture possible lower body injury

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
yeah arterial bleed and thigh in the same sentence ... scary
sounds good that they think it's not a long term thing and i guess it's positive that it wasn't reinjuring the ankle.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Woah that's really scary. Glad they got it fixed up. Really unfortunate for Couture but hopefully he'll be back and fully healthy again soon.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I'm expecting blood clots.

That's it? I'm expecting a new super-virus that is slowly taking out our players one by one. Looks like Vlasic may have gotten it as well. Soon we will only be left with a ragged beard and eyebrows playing in Teal.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He didn't look right skating. I mean, he's not exactly fast normally, but he looked slow and like the tin man without oil.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He didn't look right skating. I mean, he's not exactly fast normally, but he looked slow and like the tin man without oil.

I expected him not to look right initially just due to the injury. Torrey Mitchell didn't look right initially either. I'm just glad they found that because it could've been significantly worse. The little bit of research I've done, this could keep him out 2-4 weeks.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I expected him not to look right initially just due to the injury. Torrey Mitchell didn't look right initially either. I'm just glad they found that because it could've been significantly worse. The little bit of research I've done, this could keep him out 2-4 weeks.

Yeah it won't be long-term.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Sharks did not come back into San Jose until 3AM as someone posted here. So it seems like DW is not describing this correctly. If it was an arterial bleed that was not clotting, and they did not discover it until returning back to San Jose, he likely would have bleed out.

It's probably not an artery, but another type of blood vessel. Arterial bleeds that don't clot are very serous as someone pointed out here. The heart turns into a bilge pump in that case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad