Injury Report: Couture possible lower body injury

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That could easily just mean that his leg was stiff/sore and they just didn't want to take the chance given the quick turnaround of his first two games. Until I hear something more definitive and he's been out of games for a while, I'm not worrying too much here. It wouldn't be out of the norm for him to be stiff at this point and even miss the next game due to stiffness in that leg.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
That could easily just mean that his leg was stiff/sore and they just didn't want to take the chance given the quick turnaround of his first two games. Until I hear something more definitive and he's been out of games for a while, I'm not worrying too much here. It wouldn't be out of the norm for him to be stiff at this point and even miss the next game due to stiffness in that leg.

Those are my thoughts as well. I didn't see anything obvious with Couture, other than him being less mobile.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

I real hope that's all it is. I read somewhere that he blocked a shot, anyone happen to catch if it was on that leg or not? Also I wonder what Pashelka meant by "Doesn't sound real promising." To me that sounds bad but it's hard to say. I'm worried.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The silence is kind of deafening right now. But it's hard to say whether that means anything because this team is so goddamn tightlipped about the injuries.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The silence is kind of deafening right now. But it's hard to say whether that means anything because this team is so goddamn tightlipped about the injuries.

For a team that seems to be losing fans, it seems really counter productive to not say anything, especially since we were told that there would be more to knowing the injury today. A little communication would be nice, especially when dealing with a star player who just got back after a month and a half.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Sharks aren't losing fans.

But I don't consider fairweather fans to be actual fans.

I agree they aren't losing fans, but they are losing revenue. During their peak I was going to 5-10 games per year. Now they're lucky if I see them 2 times a year. (past two years I've averaged .5 times).

Distance to arena (from north bay) plus ticket prices have been a major drag. Mainly prices, since, if they were good and challenging I'd be going whether they were in SJ or LA.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Way too much negativity right now (and I'm posting this here because the "It's Not Working" thread is on ignore, way too many bad vibes and messages).

I hope that Cooch is back soon but Hertl's shown he can replace his production for the most part. I didn't see anything serious on the ice.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Way too much negativity right now (and I'm posting this here because the "It's Not Working" thread is on ignore, way too many bad vibes and messages).

I hope that Cooch is back soon but Hertl's shown he can replace his production for the most part. I didn't see anything serious on the ice.

Hey, we're only one recall from the Stanley Cup, amirite?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

Possession maybe but production hell no and then Couture is also a special teams stud. Hertl looks good but he doesn't even come close to replacing Couture.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I agree they aren't losing fans, but they are losing revenue. During their peak I was going to 5-10 games per year. Now they're lucky if I see them 2 times a year. (past two years I've averaged .5 times).

Distance to arena (from north bay) plus ticket prices have been a major drag. Mainly prices, since, if they were good and challenging I'd be going whether they were in SJ or LA.
They're losing some revenue. I mean, prices are higher and yet they're still averaging over 16k. The tv deal is where they're losing the most, and that's a significant issue.

Wish the team would give some sort of details on Couture. They have to know something by now.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Anyone with any type of guess on how long the recovery is? Sounds sort of serious so glad he's okay and that is the most important aspect. But still curious on the timeline to see him back with the tea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad