Injury Report: Couture possible lower body injury

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Sharks did not come back into San Jose until 3AM as someone posted here. So it seems like DW is not describing this correctly. If it was an arterial bleed that was not clotting, and they did not discover it until returning back to San Jose, he likely would have bleed out.

It's probably not an artery, but another type of blood vessel. Arterial bleeds that don't clot are very serous as someone pointed out here. The heart turns into a bilge pump in that case.

Not really.

Hip surgeries run the rare risk of bleeding from the lateral circumflex, which can be discovered days after (due to falling haemoglobin levels and other signs, ie large hematomas).

Not all arteries are the same size or significance as the common femoral.

Last edited:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Picked him up in my league, Yahoo says he should be back the 28th, but this thread seems more grim.

Considering there has been absolutely 0 updates on the injury. Add on to the fact he didn't travel with the team, there has been no word of if he has been skating or even working out since the injury either. Which is usually the tell tail sign that he is close.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He just needs to heal up, the injury should not be threatening long-term other than fitness

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Considering there has been absolutely 0 updates on the injury. Add on to the fact he didn't travel with the team, there has been no word of if he has been skating or even working out since the injury either. Which is usually the tell tail sign that he is close.

With the team being away he could be skating and no one would know. That's the optimistic logic I am trying to tell myself.

*To clarify - no one in the media would not, not implying he is keeping it a secret from the team. He could be going to the arena and it would probably go unreported.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay

I thought this too, but wasn't it more or less a glorified Charlie Horse?

FWIW, he's been active on Twitter and IG. Means little, but you'd expect a guy who's season just got shut down longterm to be pretty bummed out, no? He's just tweeting about watching movies and going to a concert and stuff.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I thought this too, but wasn't it more or less a glorified Charlie Horse?

FWIW, he's been active on Twitter and IG. Means little, but you'd expect a guy who's season just got shut down longterm to be pretty bummed out, no? He's just tweeting about watching movies and going to a concert and stuff.

I wouldn't call it a charlie horse but stitching up an artery probably doesn't have a long healing time.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
With the team being away he could be skating and no one would know. That's the optimistic logic I am trying to tell myself.

*To clarify - no one in the media would not, not implying he is keeping it a secret from the team. He could be going to the arena and it would probably go unreported.

When your hopes become real

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 4m4 minutes ago
Logan Couture has been skating the last couple days, including today. No timeframe put on his return by either him or DeBoer #SJSharks

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
On Monday Rusanowsky was on NHL Live. When asked about Couture's status he said (paraphrased) he'd have a better chance of calling the Federal Reserve and talking to Chair Yellen and getting the low down on the US government monetary policy for the next six months than he would be able to get an update on Logan.

:sarcasm:

That being said... pundits reporting that he's NOT being ruled out to play 12/30 after participation in 12/29 practice.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I was at practice today. Logan skated extensively; he was the first guy on the ice and one of the last guys off. Dunno if that's a good or bad sign. Wore a yellow jersey.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yellow jersey IIRC is DeBoer's 3rd line. So it means he's not slotted to play in top 6 YET.

I'm pretty sure orange is the third line and yellow is the fourth. Brown, Tierney, Smith, and Zubrus were the other guys in yellow. Hertl, Wingels, and Donskoi wore orange (and obviously teal is second line and white is top line).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad