U18: Countdown to the U18 World Championships

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Any predictions who will lead this tournament in scoring? Previous 3 were Lekkerimäki, Michkov and Hughes. I predict Eduard Sale.
Cole Eisserman as an underager! US are probably going to score a lot of goals!

Sale outscored Bedard last year at this tourney.. both were underagers. He had Kulich on one timers to setup though, we have nothing like that this year.

Reactions: Jukurit

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Nothing too controversial. Decent squad but lacking in offence and defence compared to Big 4. We do have 2 strong goalies. We do have Sale. We do have some nice other pieces (Petr, Dvorak, Jiricek, Stancl, Simek, Jecho). I'd describe it as a stalled bunch personally. No one is really killing it!

Hope to make quarters ahead of Slovakia and Germany (I think those matchups will be very close) and win the quarter. That's the big ambition.lol

Tourney feels like a US vs Canada showdown for Gold but we'll see what Finn's and Swede's have to say.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
No news about streaming yet?
As @clevelandcane mentioned in the US it's NHL Network only for US games and a few Canada round robin games. Two QF's will be shown (I assume US & Candada's QF) Both Semis and Bronze/Gold.

ESPN+ should pick up the TSN feeds for all Non Canada games - they're missing out on a great tournament but the demand just isn't there like the WJC, they've done some of this before and have done so for the IIHF Worlds in the past. Stupid that I can't see the Sweden-Canada game tomorrow on NHLN. That's a huge game with several prospects on Sweden that we can't see.

What's the other option? Onhockey.tv??

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
As @clevelandcane mentioned in the US it's NHL Network only for US games and a few Canada round robin games. Two QF's will be shown (I assume US & Candada's QF) Both Semis and Bronze/Gold.

ESPN+ should pick up the TSN feeds for all Non Canada games - they're missing out on a great tournament but the demand just isn't there like the WJC, they've done some of this before and have done so for the IIHF Worlds in the past. Stupid that I can't see the Sweden-Canada game tomorrow on NHLN. That's a huge game with several prospects on Sweden that we can't see.

Aha, thanks! But I think i have found a swiss sport website, seems like they show every game.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
For Swedes: Svt isnt showing U18s?!
Seems like Svenskhockey.tv is not broadcasting either? Most years SVTplay they just show semifinals and final/bronze game. If Sweden made it that far. Makes no sense why they just cant show all the games. They should broadcast Hlinka too and U17 WJC etc i think.

Last edited:

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Aha, thanks! But I think i have found a swiss sport website, seems like they show every game.
Care to share a link?

I do wonder if the Swiss Ice Hockey youtube channel will show any of the games. As a US viewer, I wish NHL network picked up more of the games like they do for the U20 tournament.

I think hockey.tv only picks up games if the tournament is played in the US.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovakia tomorrow... think it'll be very close and uncomfortable to watch. My least favorite matchup in hockey. Playing the US NDTP team here is probably my second least favorite.lol

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Today it begins! Canada will not be easy for Sweden, they will probably outshoot us so our goalie will have it tough. What Sweden lacks is a top prospect like Carlsson but Stenberg with his line can cause some damage.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Slovakia tomorrow... think it'll be very close and uncomfortable to watch. My least favorite matchup in hockey. Playing the US NDTP team here is probably my second least favorite.lol
Very similar teams in terms of quality, terrible coaches on both sides lol, should be an interesting game

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1681996609916.png

Sweden up 5-0 on Canada!

Good time to bring up 2 years ago.

Sweden lost 12-1 to Canada in the round robin!

Amazingly they beat Finland 8-0 to win Bronze a week later.

Swedes have been on a great U18 run!

Reactions: illone84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad