Councillor in Ireland bans select dog breeds in parks

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
https://www.facebook.com/alan4ashbourne/posts/1094453353945648:0

What an asshat. The guy is getting torn apart on Facebook and I love every bit of it. If the link doesn't work basically all you need to know is that the following breeds of dog are now banned from entering this dog park...

-American Pitbull Terrier
-Bull Mastiff
-Staffordshire Bull Terrier
-German Shepard
-Japanese Akita
-Rhodesian Ridgeback
-Doberman
-Rottweiler
-English Bull Terrier
-Japanese Tosa

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Good job, some of those are very dangerous breeds. shouldnt even be allowed as pets imo, but im against dog ownership in general so im slightly biased lmao

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Pitbulls are pretty violent so I could see that, not sure why the rest are considered too violent

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Says less about the dogs and more about the irresponsible *******s who typically own those breeds.

I've owned a couple Rottweilers and they were both probably the least threatening dogs I've ever met. Unless you were trying to sneak into the house at 3 in the morning, it turns out.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

What an asshat. The guy is getting torn apart on Facebook and I love every bit of it. If the link doesn't work basically all you need to know is that the following breeds of dog are now banned from entering this dog park...

-Bull Mastiff
-German Shepard
-Japanese Akita
-Rhodesian Ridgeback
-Doberman
-Rottweiler
-English Bull Terrier
-Japanese Tosa

Any dog can be dangerous, however, these are the more likely to be dangerous.
Yes it depends on the owner, but I see no problem in doing this. Why take a
chance.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Good job, some of those are very dangerous breeds. shouldnt even be allowed as pets imo, but im against dog ownership in general so im slightly biased lmao

Breed specific legislation is idiotic. Plain and simple. It misses the issue entirely; willfully ignores it actually, and does nothing to solve any issue. The problem is people who get breeds they have no business getting and can't take care of the individual dog's socialization and training requirements shouldn't be tasked with the responsibility of owning a dog in the first place. The owner is always more at fault than the dog itself.

But if you're against people having dogs as companions in the first place, it's not much of a surprise you'd think this way. :laugh:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I've known some pitbulls that are the sweetest animals I've ever known. Don't threaten their family and don't get in their face until they trust you and you should be fine.

The problem with pitbulls is they're tough-looking so ********** like to put spiked collars on them, not train them at all, and treat them like crap so they're 'guard' dogs.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The only dogs I've ever found to have a dangerous temperament are little dogs, none of which are on this list.

The problem is irresponsible owners, not the breed. In fact most of those dogs on the list are some of the smartest and trainable dogs out there.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

-Bull Mastiff
-German Shepard
-Japanese Akita
-Rhodesian Ridgeback
-Doberman
-Rottweiler
-English Bull Terrier
-Japanese Tosa

And yet the Lab is the breed of dog that are involve in the most biting cases, yet it is seen as the "perfect" family dog. I hate laws like this, it is rarely the dogs fault, but rather the fault of their owner/trainer. Any dog can be aggressive and dangerous, some just receive a bad reputation like the majority of this list.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Never trust a dog they say, that said most times it's more to do with the owner than the pet.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Pitbulls are not dogs. They are breed to kill. Doesn't matter how nice they seem to be one wrong look and they are all capable of attacking and never letting go.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Pitbulls are not dogs. They are breed to kill. Doesn't matter how nice they seem to be one wrong look and they are all capable of attacking and never letting go.

:laugh:

That's so cute.

Yes, let's continue spreading lies about all pitbulls being evil little monsters. They should all be culled, the beasts.

OR, maybe you can talk a little bit about the responsibility of the owner to train their dog properly, and avoiding all of that misinformation. :)

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
:laugh:

That's so cute.

Yes, let's continue spreading lies about all pitbulls being evil little monsters. They should all be culled, the beasts.

OR, maybe you can talk a little bit about the responsibility of the owner to train their dog properly, and avoiding all of that misinformation. :)

Your right. All pitbulls and part pitbulls should be wiped out. Doesn't matter how they are trained. They are bred to kill. All are capable of snapping at the blink of an eye.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Your right. All pitbulls and part pitbulls should be wiped out. Doesn't matter how they are trained. They are bred to kill. All are capable of snapping at the blink of an eye.

That is any animal or person though too. Lets kill all things capable of snapping at a blink of an eye. As for your previous comment of a pit bull never letting go, the concept of them having a lock jaw is a myth. They exhibit a bite, hold, and shake behavior, as do many other breeds of dogs (terriers and hunting breeds for example). While they may at times refuse to let go their jaws never lock.

Those idiots at pro-breed specific legislation groups like dogbites.com always release skewed stats to get the uneducated public of their side.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn

I have an 85 pound pitbull mama that might lick you and cuddle you and never let go but she's never bit anyone or anything. You are uninformed and spewing ignorance. Your mouth is much more dangerous than my dog.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I like that political correctness has found dogs. Of course owners have a lot to do with it but to act like certain breeds are not more likely than others to be dangerous is politically correct nonsense.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I find that to way too many people, dogs are literally the same as people.

Like way too many people seemed to genuinely think Michael Vick deserved the death penalty for killing some damn dogs.

Also did Vick actually kill dogs? It seemed like in the news Vick was executing these dogs personally. Thats got to be misinformation there.

Not that I hate dogs. I love dogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad