Speculation: Could we get Spezza?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Drive the net and hit more?? Dude, that's not Jason Spezza.

Is it the only thing people can come up with when a player is struggling?? Driving the net and hitting more is the solution for everything or everyone.

Spezza is a dangler, he can set up as well as he can shoot, he can also create his own goals. He is not the rush the net or hit type. No clue why you'd ask this of him.
I think he was talking about Patches, not Spezza.

DoctorPurple

Jun 9, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Murray actually confirmed he wasn't going to trade him to a team ''we will have to face multiple times per season''.

He said that to deny the rumours that sent Spezza to Toronto, but it works for us too.

Either way, not interested. I remember him being burned by Crosby in the PO a couple years back. Big turn off, even if he could be obtained.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I rather have Desharnais plus Ottawa won't trade him within the division.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Spezza...??:help: No way!!

As a UFA (only money, not a trade, prospects, picks,etc)...and for only 1-2yrs (3 yrs, max).

Spezza is always injured and I question his heart/pride (if he has any).
Skills/talent...yes, but what's the use if you're so fragile.

Pass (in a nutshell).
(only as a UFA...1-2yrs, 3 yrs, max).

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I don't think the Senators have the upper hand in trading away Spezza. Having said that, I would keep the Vanek deal in mind when trading for thirtyish players.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
I don't want to create a whole thread on it because I'm sure the answer is really obvious but why not Mike Richards?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I order out for Pizza why would I trade for some, especially when Stastny is a UFA and won't cost the Habs any assets. Signing Vanek & Stastny and trading Plekanec for a top drawer defenceman makes far more sense. Why have Pizza when you can have your cake and eat it too?:nod::nod::nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad