Speculation: Could we get Spezza?

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Trade Spezza for 2014 1st, Plekanec, and a prospect, let vanek walk, play Spezza

Pacioretty-Spezza?-Gallagher
Bournival-Galchenyuk-One of Gio, etc
Prust-Eller-Weise
?-Briere-?

Last edited:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Oh look another Deshernais bashing thread.

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046.png

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Either we'd have to overpay and make Ottawa a better team, or we'd underpay and Ottawa wouldn't want to improve a team within the division. Yes, Spezza is a great player and I would like to see him with Pacioretty, but it just isn't happening.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Not a chance. Desharnais would have to go and Ottawa will probably not trade within their own division, to avoid having to play against him multiple times per season.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Nah. He can't handle the pressure in Ottawa, imagine here :laugh:

and Ottawa said they don't want to trade him to somewhere where they'd play him often so we'd have to overpay and Spezza isn't the kind of guy I want to overpay to acquire.

Guy Germaine

Jul 25, 2005
Montreal
While Spezza is big and supremely talented, he's also soft as butter. Plekanec , 1st and a prospect is way too much to pay IMO and Ottawa would never trade him here anyway.
I also like how you just obliterated Desharnais from roster.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not a chance. Desharnais would have to go and Ottawa will probably not trade within their own division, to avoid having to play against him multiple times per season.

Not only that...
Every team wants to get bigger at C.

Send would end up with Turris and DD at C.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Trade Spezza for 2014 1st, Plekanec, and a prospect, let vanek walk, play Spezza

Prust-Eller-Weise
?-Briere-?

Makes no sense on many levels.

1-I find him massively overrated. He isn't the player he once was, mostly due to declining health, he's had ongoing back issues and 3 operations I believe.

2-Murray will ask for 50% more trading him in the division.

3-he's already asking for a "Bobby Ryan package" back, which is overpayment.

4-He has a large cap hit which is hard to fit in, plus he can be a UFA next summer.

Like Lecavalalier, I think Spezza is a guy who's reputation and cost will be higher than their production.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Prust-Eller-Weise
?-Briere-?

Did you want to throw in Galchenyuk and Price, just to make sure we land the all mighty Spezza?

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Wish he got bought out so we could sign him. That's the only way Habs are getting him. Ottawa would be dumb to trade him within the division. Good player but not a captain.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Makes no sense on many levels.

1-I find him massively overrated. He isn't the player he once was, mostly due to declining health, he's had ongoing back issues and 3 operations I believe.

2-Murray will ask for 50% more trading him in the division.

3-he's already asking for a "Bobby Ryan package" back, which is overpayment.

4-He has a large cap hit which is hard to fit in, plus he can be a UFA next summer.

Like Lecavalalier, I think Spezza is a guy who's reputation and cost will be higher than their production.

And you speak so glowingly of DD. :cry:

Habster33

In Habs we trust!
Dec 15, 2010
Like another psted said, if he can't handle the pressure in a market place like Ottawa, imagine in Montreal :help:

He has skill and everything but I wouldn't give up asset for a cry baby like him

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'd rather pay Stastny something ridiculous for 7 years than trade valuable assets to get Spezza for 1 year. Even if Spezza was available for trade within the division, which of course he won't be.

Habster33

In Habs we trust!
Dec 15, 2010
I'd rather pay Stastny something ridiculous for 7 years than trade valuable assets to get Spezza for 1 year. Even if Spezza was available for trade within the division, which of course he won't be.

This. Pretty much my thoughts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad