Rumor: Could the Islanders be in on Laine?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Dean Blundell and Louis Mendez...

giphy.gif

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
If a player of this magnitude gets traded, there is usually a "loser" in the deal. Rarely ever is the trade viewed as fair for both teams.

So what would be the trades for the Isles in each scenario?

Isles win = Wahlstrom + Aho + 2020 1st?
Isles lose = Dobson + Ho-Sang + 2020 1st?

Reactions: Treebeard

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Would have to be something like:

Pulock + Bellows/Wahlstrom/Beau + 1st

I love Pulock but he makes the most sense when looking at next year's cap situation. He is going to get around $6mil/yr and I would assume Laine gets $8-9mil/yr so it would only be a $2 mil swing in cap space while having to still sign Toews/Barzal.

Reactions: Treebeard

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Blundell is a Radio Shockjock, based in Toronto, who is attempting to stay relevant. He's not a reliable source, and likely posted this, including Toronto, just to get hits. What he's posted, isn't worth discussing.

This is from the Laine thread, so apparently he's just some popular radio host from Toronto. Nothing to see here is my guess.

If a player of this magnitude gets traded, there is usually a "loser" in the deal. Rarely ever is the trade viewed as fair for both teams.

I would prefer the 2nd deal tbh but I would say either are big wins. Neither will happen though :(

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

How do the Isles "lose" in that scenario? It would have to be more than that.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Any deal that includes Dobson, a cost controlled, home grown potential first pairing Dman is a loser in my book. Throwing a future #1 draft pick in the deal only makes it worse.

I'll pass.

Dobson, while a great prospect, is just that. A prospect. And a defenseman which means he is likely at least 2-3 years out from making an impact in the NHL. He's "cost controlled" because he was just drafted. In three years if he reaches his potential he will get a nice raise.

It's no secret that we need help on offense. Laine is one of the best forwards in the game. And he's 21 years old. Sign me up.

Home grown? Spare me. If Laine wins the cup with the Islanders would you be upset that he came over as a 21 year old as opposed to being an Islander draft pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad