WWE: Could Shane vs. AJ Styles surpass Shane vs. Kurt Angle?

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
So Shane vs. Kurt Angle from King of the ring 2001 is Shane's best match to date and a top 10 Kurt Angle match of all time. Could Shane vs. AJ Styles top that and be even better?

It's going to be at Wrestlemania and AJ is supposed to be the best wrestler at the moment. And we know that Shane will do a crazy high spot on top of it all. Plus the build has been pretty solid too. Could we be in for something really special?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Nope.

It will be a fine match but the fact that it's AJ Styles will likely grate on everybody the entire time and will affect how we view it.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Shane is almost 50 years old... I wouldn't count on it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Could be, but I don't expect color or any hardcore spots they could have gotten away with 15 years ago.

There will definitely be some cool spots but nothing extreme like the glass stuff from the Angle match.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Safe to say it'll be better than Shane-Taker.

AJ is great...he'll deliver. Shane has guts and wants to put on a show. I think it's dangerous to talk about it on the level of some of Shane's best matches of the past and can a match like this steal the show. I don't want a show-stealer...just be entertaining and tell a story. AJ is one of the best at taking a beating so he'll eat a couple gnarly bumps from Shane.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I mean, it's not impossible however there's no way they're gonna let anything like shane vs angle happen. Perhaps a top rope table spot, sure. But no chance vince lets shane do anything similar to the broken glass spot again and it's not because it's "too dangerous" since you know, shane jumped off the ****ing hell in a cell (did i mention i called that? yes i'm not letting that go :sarcasm:) but because vince remembers what happened to shane the first time he tried it....and then the second...and then the next 6 when the glass refused to break :laugh:

What a waste of AJ's prime.

Do you know how old AJ is?

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Safe to say it'll be better than Shane-Taker.

AJ is great...he'll deliver. Shane has guts and wants to put on a show. I think it's dangerous to talk about it on the level of some of Shane's best matches of the past and can a match like this steal the show. I don't want a show-stealer...just be entertaining and tell a story. AJ is one of the best at taking a beating so he'll eat a couple gnarly bumps from Shane.

Nobody could get a good match out of the Undertaker anymore. It's going to be much easier for AJ and Shane to work together. I think this is easily going to be the best match of the night. The huge spot by Shane will steal the show for sure just like last year.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm going in with low expectations in hope that anything decent will seem awesome to me - LOL

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
:huh: AJ's almost 40.
Yeah, late 30s is usually a wrestler's prime.

You've got enough experience to actually be good, and your body hasn't slowed down enough to hinder your work.

Styles don't quite fit his as he has been awesome for a very long time, but I think it's still safe to say his best work has been in the past few years with NJPW and WWE.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

You've got enough experience to actually be good, and your body hasn't slowed down enough to hinder your work.

Styles don't quite fit his as he has been awesome for a very long time, but I think it's still safe to say his best work has been in the past few years with NJPW and WWE.

:huh: AJ's almost 40.

This isn't hockey guys.

His in-ring work and his ability to carry a match and tell a story. He's in his prime. He's not dangerous (working) as he was during his first few years in TNA either.

WWE is wasting the best wrestler in the world atm on a part time wrestler. It's a shame.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary

Agree with that, I'm just saying at some point even someone as lucky as AJ who hasn't had too many injuries is eventually gonna hit the wall, and I just hope it's not sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad