Could pro/con Babcock comments stick to Babcock threads

Is the Babcock debate taking place in so many threads boring you?

• Total voters

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I know Leaf fans are a passionate crew, but this incessant debate about how good or bad Babcock is as a coach is infecting a lot of threads. I’m not casting blame in any direction, simply asking that those who feel a need to debate the merits of our coach do so in threads that are specifically/mostly/partly about him.

Reactions: Lauro

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sometimes natural discussion flows and its fair to talk about it. But, at other times its a clear agenda going on in multiple threads. I mean, if someone says they think Keefe is a great coach in the Marlies thread, that's fine, but, if someone says Keefe is a great coach and should replace Babcock soon, its pretty clear what that thread will devolve into.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This is a nice thread:)
For all the people who say "is Johnsson a man, right Babcock?" in other threads, they should take note.
All Babcock should talk, should remain in the Babcock thread. This should help them better understand.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
This is a nice thread:)
For all the people who say "is Johnsson a man, right Babcock?" in other threads, they should take note.
All Babcock should talk, should remain in the Babcock thread. This should help them better understand.
You just can't handle bringing up other threads into the thread you're posting in eh

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You just can't handle bringing up other threads into the thread you're posting in eh
Just like how you and others cant handle bringing up Babcock in other threads, and that this thread literally called you guys out eh.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Classic MR, bringing up people bringing up other threads in the thread they’re posting about m the thread you’re posting in eh
The guy claimed I was the one that brought up Babcock in the Marlies thread, when evidence points to the contrary.
I was just responding to the other poster that was taking shots at Babcock.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What was the first post?
The poster was saying the same thing in game 3 as well. When Johnsson did somthing great, he was like "is he a man though. Babcock"?
I mean once, fine, but repeating it when Johnsson was good again. It gets annoying.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Sometimes natural discussion flows and its fair to talk about it. But, at other times its a clear agenda going on in multiple threads. I mean, if someone says they think Keefe is a great coach in the Marlies thread, that's fine, but, if someone says Keefe is a great coach and should replace Babcock soon, its pretty clear what that thread will devolve into.

Tiring as all get out. Natural discussion is one thing but the agenda has no bounds. Disappointing reality.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Classic MR, bringing up people bringing up other threads in the thread they’re posting about m the thread you’re posting in eh
Classic - oh wait, idk who you are, but welcome to the fan club anyways bby

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think we need a thread talking about this thread that talks about whatever this thread is talking about.

Meetings about the meeting talking reducing the number of meetings.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I get and understand that some people have a problem with him. Discussing him if it comes natural is of course perfectly fine. Some people seem obsessive though.

Well to be fair to them, Babcock did disagree with their ideal fourth line and bottom pairing combos, so obviously it makes sense for them to be outraged and believe Babcock is the worst coach of all time and has no idea what he's doing. I mean, you literally couldn't do anything worse as a coach.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Well to be fair to them, Babcock did disagree with their ideal fourth line and bottom pairing combos, so obviously it makes sense for them to be outraged and believe Babcock is the worst coach of all time and has no idea what he's doing. I mean, you literally couldn't do anything worse as a coach.

4th line after every goal. That's the best glitch in his brain.

Reactions: PromisedLand

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Most of the criticism is fair, then there is the hater crowd that tries to fit every angle into a Babs bash fest. I'd also add, if you can't see fit to ever give the guy one ounce of credit no matter, then your opinion of him is about as useful as Polak on the power play.

Last edited:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It would be nice but seeing how people think an appreciation thread is a perfectly normal place to go on a tirade about why they hate x player it will never happen.

Reactions: stickty111

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think we need a thread talking about this thread that talks about whatever this thread is talking about.

Meetings about the meeting talking reducing the number of meetings.

I feel disrespected and ignored

#MeToo

:sarcasm:

:laugh:

GudPro, Country Music, Hunting Channel

Blah blah blah

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad