OT: Coronavirus XXXX: Variant & Vaccination Rates Are Climbing, Let's Get to Herd Immunity Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
I got covid 4 months ago and I’m still getting tired easily. It’s slowly getting better though. I used to need to nap daily while I was recovering but now it’s down to once-twice a week. My cardio is completely gone so I’m trying to work that back up to normal also.
9 Months to 100% for me.

Reactions: bellagiobob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Does Covid start and end at the Alberta boundary? Did the loosening of restrictions here cause a wave worldwide that's only going down because of tighter restrictions here? Didn't we have restrictions last summer into fall? If we did, what caused the second wave?
Do you always answer questions with questions? ;)

Reactions: oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Love that graph.

And that doesn’t include the many thousands who are registered to get theirs in the next week or so. Mine is Friday because I had to wait until I got back from work.

I can only imagine what it would have been like if the ball wasn’t dropped, booted, and crap on by the Feds and we had more vaccines sooner.

Last edited:

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
That’s crazy but at least you got back to normal. Last week was the first time my blood work, blood pressure and resting heart rate all came back normal.
Yep, I thought I was going to feel like shit forever. Glad to hear you are doing well too. I had it at the beggining so it was a little sketchy. Getting my Vax right away. No way I want to deal with that again.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone else getting their ass kicked by Pfizer's vaccine?

I've had barely any energy for ~42 hours now, arm is sore where I got it, my whole body is sore, and my neck is inflamed lol
Not sure if appropriate but

maxresdefault.jpg

Me I had no side affects

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That’s crazy but at least you got back to normal. Last week was the first time my blood work, blood pressure and resting heart rate all came back normal.

I hope you're telling everybody you know about how difficult a road back its been. 1.5yrs in and so many still think Covid is nothing. Thanks for sharing the experiences here so readers get the first hand impression of survivors.

The whole Covid timeframe my whole thinking was to do anything to avoid contracting this.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Thanks for this. Is there a source for this that is readable. I checked the twitter link and I can't make out any of the regions clearly. I can't read any location on the bar graph.
He made his own chart using the Alberta website. You can click the geographic region of the map for the immunization percentage.
COVID-19 Alberta statistics

@Skar made it a picture so you can enlarge it

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is connected to the pandemic, and its not.

Throughout the pandemic we have been alerted of the need to reduce hospital usage, ICU usage. We've had COE involved in many actions to reduce dangers on roads and to pedestrians and also to limit serious injuries requiring hospital attention.

In this same time of restrictions, advisories, crackdowns etc, and a youth on a hockey rink getting tasered, we have had ZERO crackdown on these escooter f***ing things that occupy are every sidewalk DT or in Old Strathcona to Univ.

The City just STARTING to crackdown after YEARS of complaints.

Edmonton to crack down on illegal e-scooter sidewalk use with $100 fines | Edmonton Journal

Surgeons, medical professionals, dentists etc have been alerting officials of the dangers of these things to any jurisdiction that will listen. Countless studies have been done on how much injuries these incur, hospital beds used etc for serious injuries riding these things, or being hit as a pedestrain by these things.

Yet the COE has allowed these things to be used throughout the pandemic.

I've avoided DT and Whyte Avenue area more and more now as the sidewalks are no longer safe. First with escooters, then the pandemic, and currently both being epidemic.
Dental injuries on the rise thanks to e-scooter use: study by U of A prof | Globalnews.ca

Calgary e-scooter injuries: what emergency room doctors are seeing - Calgary | Globalnews.ca

Head and neck injuries make up nearly 28 percent of all electric scooter accident injuries: Study shows surge of emergency room visits since introduction of rideshare e-scooters -- ScienceDaily

So the same cities that reduce speed limits for drivers, claim to want to reduce pedestrian and all traffic injuries have been ALLOWING escooters on city sidewalks for years. Deplorable consistency and mind numbing oversight.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Thanks, this one is readable. The font on the others is ridiculously small and unclear. For future use how did you get the image and resize it? I tried but alas not very computer skilled.
Np on Google Chrome you can right click the image, and then select open image in new tab. That will give you the full resolution of the image.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I hope you're telling everybody you know about how difficult a road back its been. 1.5yrs in and so many still think Covid is nothing. Thanks for sharing the experiences here so readers get the first hand impression of survivors.

The whole Covid timeframe my whole thinking was to do anything to avoid contracting this.

I thought covid was a joke before I got it. I’m middle aged, healthy and in good shape. Workout 6 days a week and still compete in martial arts tournaments. I think if I wasn’t healthy then it could have been much worse for me. I was against the vaccine but with how my body reacted to getting covid I’m 100% pro vaccine now.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I thought covid was a joke before I got it. I’m middle aged, healthy and in good shape. Workout 6 days a week and still compete in martial arts tournaments. I think if I wasn’t healthy then it could have been much worse for me. I was against the vaccine but with how my body reacted to getting covid I’m 100% pro vaccine now.

Phone Kenney and offer to do a commercial. ;). Seriously, stories like yours are the ones that need to be told to the disbelievers.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad