OT: Coronavirus XXXVII: Where's The Vaccines? We Were Promised Vaccines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Do governments make mistakes. Absolutely. Most of our politicians are incompetent. But you call people who don't agree with you sheep and yet you continually post total nonesense from far right propagandists. Maybe its possible that not everything is some left wing conspiracy to take away your freedom.

When I mentioned vaccine passports last March, it was nothing more than a conspiracy theory according to this community.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
"2 weeks to flatten the curve" to not overwhelm hospitals has turned into 13 months..
now because of variants..or is it cases? or positivity rate? or R value?

honestly don't know anymore
Well, right now, Alberta can only move into phase three if the hospitalizations are below 300 & dropping. Hospitalization are below 300 but are increasing instead of dropping thus we stay in phase two. In my opinion, we will will probably be in phase two until mid April

In the conference, they stated that Alberta will most likely have over 300 hospitalization by next week.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I would suggest those who dont like living freely should choose another place to live. We either value personal freedom or we dont. Albertans need to decide where their values align. Mines pretty clear, I believe in the people.
Kenney denounced TGR in November. That is enough for me to stay at the moment.

Reactions: oilers'72

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Well, right now, Alberta can only move into phase three if the hospitalizations are below 300 & dropping. Hospitalization are below 300 but are increasing instead of dropping thus we stay in phase two. In my opinion, we will will probably be in phase two until mid April

In the conference, they stated that Alberta will most likely have over 300 hospitalization by next week.
it dropped today ;)

the wording "and dropping" is vague at best

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Do governments make mistakes. Absolutely. Most of our politicians are incompetent. But you call people who don't agree with you sheep and yet you continually post total nonesense from far right propagandists. Maybe its possible that not everything is some left wing conspiracy to take away your freedom.
It’s not a left wing conspiracy at all. It goes much farther than left or right. It appears to be going exactly how the “conspiracy theorists” said it would no? I was on board last March but we have done everything asked of us and the goal posts keep moving. Does this seem suspicious to you? Why are these billionaires seeing massive profits well everyone suffers? How is it is easier for a large box store that can fit 500 plus people to be safer than a mom and pop that can fit 30? There is something else at work and anyone who denies this is fooling themselves at this point.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What does this have to do with covid?

Talking about moving because of the next election? What kinda of discussion do you think this is going to turn into?

Thank you.

Anyway, update to the thread. Wife and I got the AZ vaccine today. My wife is busy itching her armpits ever since and I have a mad crazy craving for Bananas.

Something going on..

Was pretty busy, even with scheduled appts. Kind of annoying too. While inside they make you take off your good mask, which I said was just new, and wear their substandard mask, while you're sitting inside in a crowded facility for an hour. Ridiculous that they tell people to wear their masks in, and everybody doing that, and you then have to change masks inside.

Amazing how AHS can take a one minute procedure and slide it out to a one hour song and dance of going to front kiosk, side kiosk, question kiosk, Needles in arm station, and then wait station. All crowded. The most archaic procedure since they used to have the old Motor Vehicle registration offices. We weren't early, this is how long it took.

No joke this is the most exposed we've been in an indoor facility, for the longest time duration, during the entire pandemic. With the worst masks. In a Healthcare facility administering the vaccines.

They're gonna still have to work this out a bit. The Leduc public health facility is so small nothing felt distanced. In a space that isn't 10X10 ft there are 4 needle stations. patients, 4 nurses, all working closely in same area. no shields in whole facility. No open windows for ventilation, etc. They could easily have a superspreader event right in the facility.

This would be much better done in a school gym of an unused school. nothing about the public health clinic was designed for Covid pandemic distancing. 6ft distancing. people having to walk by, squeeze by the narrow hallways, small kiosk areas. Worse set up than any retail store or commercial establishment.

Oh well, kind of what I expect, and at least we got a shot.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
it dropped today ;)

the wording "and dropping" is vague at best
Technically, it is vague. The government can choose the sample size of one day, one week, one month, or a year.

Anyways, I think we can handle a couple more weeks of restrictions. We will all be vaccinated by June 30th.

Reactions: bellagiobob

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Technically, it is vague. The government can choose the sample size of one day, one week, one month, or a year.

Anyways, I think we can handle a couple more weeks of restrictions. We will all be vaccinated by June 30th.
and this is the frustrating word for many
the "wait 2 weeks" mantra has on-going for over a year now

Last edited:

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
You sure about that?
"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said Canada’s ultimate goal has been to provide all Canadians who want a shot by the end of September. However, procurement numbers show there are more than enough doses from Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca coming to pass the one-dose-per-person target by the end of June." - All Canadians could get 1 dose of COVID-19 vaccine by summer — if all goes well

I think Alberta's government has been stating June 30th for a while as well.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said Canada’s ultimate goal has been to provide all Canadians who want a shot by the end of September. However, procurement numbers show there are more than enough doses from Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca coming to pass the one-dose-per-person target by the end of June." - All Canadians could get 1 dose of COVID-19 vaccine by summer — if all goes well

I think Alberta's government has been stating June 30th for a while as well.
I am not talking about possessing enough vaccines for the entire country; I am referring to your assertion all Canadians will be vaccinated by then.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

A little interesting again how they stat bumped yesterdays numbers and probably more a factor of how much counting done in one day or actual tests done one day. This always happening the day before an announcement. so that yesterday was conveniently highest daily numbers in a several week, and with 189 variants. This one day being way higher, in every aspect than the surrounding days..

Agreed its the right decision for the moment but detecting stats being speciously elevated on day before decision makes it feel a little pumped up.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Good luck, if were anything like the US 45% of people dont want a vaccine.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Good luck, if were anything like the US 45% of people dont want a vaccine.

Canadians are not Americans thankfully. There will be a certain percentage who can't/won't take the vaccines, but I suspect it will be quite a bit less than the States, and even less so once folks realize they can't do the things they want without being vaccinated.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Does anyone else kind of just not care anymore?

Like I'm not mad at the government or politicians. I'm not mad at people who break Covid protocols for whatever reason. I'm not even mad at the crazies spreading conspiracies and shit.

I'm just absolutely f***ing done with Covid. Just, done.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Canadians are not Americans thankfully. There will be a certain percentage who can't/won't take the vaccines, but I suspect it will be quite a bit less than the States, and even less so once folks realize they can't do the things they want without being vaccinated.
Outside of maybe international travel, I doubt that shit will happen.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Outside of maybe international travel, I doubt that shit will happen.

International travel is the big one I was thinking of to be honest. Lots of folks really want to get out of the country but will have to decide how important their views on vaccines are innorder to do so.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Pretty much everyone who followed this whole process could have predicted what has happened. What great insight do you have that others don't?

That public servants are truly useless especially those in healthcare and government

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
and this is the frustrating word for many
the "wait 2 weeks" mantra has on-going for over a year now

Do you honestly think the government wants things to stay closed? This is as pro business, anti lockdown a govt as you will find in this country. We are all frustrated, but I don't get the 'goalposts are changing' talk. The virus is evolving, our numbers go up and down, things change on a dime. If the govt didn't adapt during an ever changing pandemic, and made recommendations based on the latest information, then I think they'd be doing us a disservice. I'm anti lockdown, and I get why they are doing why they are doing, and think it's prudent to see if and where this next wave takes us before loosening things up more. Didn't come this far in the last few months to end up right back to where we were.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Can someone add a poll? I'd be interested to see how many support the lockdowns, versus those who dont.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Can someone add a poll? I'd be interested to see how many support the lockdowns, versus those who dont.

For me it's a lot more complicated than a yes/no question. I don't support a bolt the door lockdown, but understand that restrictions are required. And everybody and their dog has a different definition of what a lockdown is.

Reactions: LaGu and yukoner88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad