OT: Coronavirus XXXVII: Where's The Vaccines? We Were Promised Vaccines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
There's good information to be found through various media sources. You have to be able to filter out the bs from the truth though and a lot of people are not capable of doing that. Yes, the MSM has a narrative to push, but "alternative" news sources are even easier to influence with narratives.

On top of that, people are turning towards facebook echo chambers, or who knows where else and becoming "experts" on infectious diseases. Dunning-Kruger effect in action.
the thing is, the poster isn't wrong
Texas, Florida, Iowa have not seen cases rise despite easing their restrictions earlier than a lot of States

Reactions: oilers'72

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
the thing is, the poster isn't wrong
Texas, Florida, Iowa have not seen cases rise despite easing their restrictions earlier than a lot of States
Reply wasn't based on the restrictions of those states, but rather the idea of the MSM/anecdotal evidence.

I'm not going to speak about the restrictions for those states. I haven't been following that at all.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
One can't legally immigrate to Florida (or anywhere in the US) without one's application being approved by USCIS, a federal agency. DeSantis, the governor of Florida, has no involvement in the process.

I may be able to get citizenship as my grandmother was American. It's a long shot, but if I knew my kids were going to get to live freely and enjoy their life. Itd be worth it, even though all our family is from Alberta. Freedom is to important to give up because you're scared.

Reactions: oilers'72

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Canadians are not Americans thankfully. There will be a certain percentage who can't/won't take the vaccines, but I suspect it will be quite a bit less than the States, and even less so once folks realize they can't do the things they want without being vaccinated.
Meanwhile in PRC ...

Zhong Nanshan, a respected pulmonologist and key national figure in the fight against COVID-19, said recently that China plans to immunize 40% of its 1.4 billion people by June. That would require massively increasing the number of shots given in China, where currently only around 3.5% of the population is inoculated. That’s far behind the U.K.’s 32.99 shots per 100 people and a figure of 25.42 for the U.S.

It is interesting that PRC seems more concerned with exporting their vaccine to unsuspecting third world countries than they are with vaccinating their own citizens. You say people will be prohibited from ‘doing what they want’ if they don’t get vaccinated. I realize that’s the dream for some people. However that’s never going to work without hard border closures to make sure that citizens from countries that aren’t vaccinated don’t get to avoid the rules that everyone else is being forced to play by. Is a ‘negative’ test still going to be sufficient to cross borders? Are politicians going to have the integrity to enforce a vaccine ‘passport’ for everyone? Are people walking/driving across borders going to be held to the same standards as those flying? I kinda doubt it. Are people going to put up with that kind of blatant double standard? I guess we’ll find out.

Chinese urgency on COVID-19 goes missing in vaccination drive

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Meanwhile in PRC ...

Zhong Nanshan, a respected pulmonologist and key national figure in the fight against COVID-19, said recently that China plans to immunize 40% of its 1.4 billion people by June. That would require massively increasing the number of shots given in China, where currently only around 3.5% of the population is inoculated. That’s far behind the U.K.’s 32.99 shots per 100 people and a figure of 25.42 for the U.S.

It is interesting that PRC seems more concerned with exporting their vaccine to unsuspecting third world countries than they are with vaccinating their own citizens. You say people will be prohibited from ‘doing what they want’ if they don’t get vaccinated. I realize that’s the dream for some people. However that’s never going to work without hard border closures to make sure that citizens from countries that aren’t vaccinated don’t get to avoid the rules that everyone else is being forced to play by. Is a ‘negative’ test still going to be sufficient to cross borders? Are politicians going to have the integrity to enforce a vaccine ‘passport’ for everyone? Are people walking/driving across borders going to be held to the same standards as those flying? I kinda doubt it. Are people going to put up with that kind of blatant double standard? I guess we’ll find out.

Chinese urgency on COVID-19 goes missing in vaccination drive

Feel free to post this in the new thread, I am locking this one since it is past 1K posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad