OT: Coronavirus XXXV: Y'all Got Any More of Them Vaccines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Imagine that, being on a hunger strike and having a feeding tube shoved down your throat. Beyond COVID, the CCP cannot continue to be allowed to do this kind of shit.

Again, if there was nothing to hide, why all of the scare tactics and locking people up and making them disappear?

Sooner or later I hope that the truth comes out and that the CCP gets theirs.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Imagine that, being on a hunger strike and having a feeding tube shoved down your throat. Beyond COVID, the CCP cannot continue to be allowed to do this kind of shit.

Again, if there was nothing to hide, why all of the scare tactics and locking people up and making them disappear?

Sooner or later I hope that the truth comes out and that the CCP gets theirs.

It would be nice if the world unified and took a stand against the human rights violations that happen there. The UN, WHO, international media etc, all should take a stand together but they don't for obvious reasons (which I won't list, but I think most of us know what they are).

They need to be held accountable for their actions, just like any other nation is held accountable.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ps sorry that my cat is posting here, bad cat, I'm going to recondition her opinion on where cat food comes from. I don't even know why she likes lettuce..

Again apologies for the interruptions. I will try to lock the computer but she's tricky and watches for passwords..

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ps sorry that my cat is posting here, bad cat, I'm going to recondition her opinion on where cat food comes from. I don't even know why she likes lettuce..

Again apologies for the interruptions. I will try to lock the computer but she's tricky and watches for passwords..

Waits until you leave the room, then quietly says to herself "Measure your steps carefully, human. I'll bide my time and, when you're at your most vulnerable, go for the eyes first.".

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
just because you're ok with Canada being 31st in the World in vaccination doses per 100 people doesn't mean everyone is

it's embarrassing that we are lagging behind countries like Bahrain and Lithuania

well a) didnt really know that.
b) i have nothing to do with is so ....somewhat ok with it.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

As a person who has strong ties to both Canada and the US, it's disappointing to see the new administration continue the "America First" policy for vaccines at the expense of its closest ally, which (as the article highlights) hamstrung Canada's vaccine supply efforts at the end of 2020. That being said, I have witnessed first hand how well the "America First" policy plays down here, even among moderates and swing voters, so I can understand why they are continuing it on a hot button topic because unfortunately it's always an election cycle down here.

It will take a few years, but it appears one result of this pandemic will be that Canada's ability to manufacture vaccines domestically will be restored. Canada used to have a domestic vaccine manufacturing capacity; however, it was inefficient (even for the '80s) and required modernization. The Mulroney government began the process of selling off the assets rather than upgrading them. The dismantling of the domestic capabilities continued with subsequent administrations (both Liberal and PC) - because it was easy and saved money in the short-term? The H1N1 scare in 2009 should have caused an immediate reassessment by the Harper government about whether Canada should be dependent upon external entities for vaccine manufacturing; they did nothing substantial. Nonetheless, just because Harper dropped the ball doesn't absolve Trudeau from not correcting an obvious error over the 5 years he was in office prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
As a person who has strong ties to both Canada and the US, it's disappointing to see the new administration continue the "America First" policy for vaccines at the expense of its closest ally, which (as the article highlights) hamstrung Canada's vaccine supply efforts at the end of 2020. That being said, I have witnessed first hand how well the "America First" policy plays down here, even among moderates and swing voters, so I can understand why they are continuing it on a hot button topic because unfortunately it's always an election cycle down here.

It will take a few years, but it appears one result of this pandemic will be that Canada's ability to manufacture vaccines domestically will be restored. Canada used to have a domestic vaccine manufacturing capacity; however, it was inefficient (even for the '80s) and required modernization. The Mulroney government began the process of selling off the assets rather than upgrading them. The dismantling of the domestic capabilities continued with subsequent administrations (both Liberal and PC) - because it was easy and saved money in the short-term? The H1N1 scare in 2009 should have caused an immediate reassessment by the Harper government about whether Canada should be dependent upon external entities for vaccine manufacturing; they did nothing substantial. Nonetheless, just because Harper dropped the ball doesn't absolve Trudeau from not correcting an obvious error over the 5 years he was in office prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If people thought Trump's "MAGA" was hard core, wait until they get a good taste of Biden's "America First" doctrine. We ain't seen nothing yet, other than some kind words.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sorry, but it should be asked - are you from earth?:)
71ZFudhJQzL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad