OT: Coronavirus XXXIX: Local Covid Talk, No Politics, No Derailing, See OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Age causes a guy to be a useful in relatively good shape player in the playins to unplayable a few months later? Come on.
Covid kicked his ass and they have talked about it a ton.

We can talk about the Broadway actor with no health conditions and in great shape too who died from it. Being healthy and in good shape lowers your chances of being sick, sure, doesn't prevent f*** all. Eating Kale and doing chinups doesn't prevent a virus from killing you.
unless I hear it from Neal himself, it's all speculation

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
lol I doubt that

the reason he's so popular and signed to Spotify for a multi-million dollar contract is because he expresses his opinion doesn't care what people think
I've never understood why people eat that shit up so much.

"YEAH love this guy. He says stupid things, is hateful and has terrible beliefs but he is honest so that makes him great"

Truth is, people are shitty and love people who are able to publically share their shitty thoughts.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I've never understood why people eat that shit up so much.

"YEAH love this guy. He says stupid things, is hateful and has terrible beliefs but he is honest so that makes him great"

Truth is, people are shitty and love people who are able to publically share their shitty thoughts.
it's clear you've never ever listened to his podcast then
he has a wide variety of guests from MMAers (boring) to authors to mathematicians to environmental epidemiologists to comedians

Brian Greene was a great recent podcast cause he's a professor of physics from Columbia University and they talk about the universe from the Big Bang theory and beyond

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
it's clear you've never ever listened to his podcast then
he has a wide variety of guests from MMAers (boring) to authors to mathematicians to environmental epidemiologists to comedians

Brian Greene was a great recent podcast cause he's a professor of physics from Columbia University and they talk about the universe from the Big Bang theory and beyond
His guests are often top notch, that doesn't mean he is.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
His guests are often top notch, that doesn't mean he is.

I tend to find it a bit depressing when I like somebody, and then they end up being on his show. I have to then assess whether said person is just another attention whore who's sole purpose is self promotion, getting hits, views, further to their own speakers fame. Really he has a lot of people on that are on this kind of talk circuit, have suspended their day jobs or vocations, and seemingly prefer this talking about everything gig more.

Fame meets fame, money meets money, listeners lose out.

I would respect a public figure more for outright refusing to be on his show, or any like it. That would at least allow a thought of there being possible standards.

whoops, back on topic, sorry, posted the same time as mod directive.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Jeopardy question;

What level of restriction is more than level 1 restrictions?

See Ontario, BC, Atlantic Canada, please don't...

The continued vaccination, combined with level 1 should be enough to curtail the pandemic, and then have the wave subside.

But would be nice if people followed the present rules more..

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jeopardy question;

What level of restriction is more than level 1 restrictions?

See Ontario, BC, Atlantic Canada, please don't...

The continued vaccination, combined with level 1 should be enough to curtail the pandemic, and then have the wave subside.

But would be nice if people followed the present rules more..
Restrictions are always more than necessary to get people to do what you want.

You need it to be only 10 people in a group, you limit it to 5 cause people are going to break the rules anyways

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Restrictions are always more than necessary to get people to do what you want.

You need it to be only 10 people in a group, you limit it to 5 cause people are going to break the rules anyways

Like speed limits. People will try to push it to 70km/hr + in a 60 zone. Lower the limit and lower the speed. Lower to 50 and less people will be going 65-70km/hr +. Increase current restrictions so you can maybe get people closer to behaving in a safer manner.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Looks like they are moving schools back to online (7-12) and gyms are closed, which are all good decisions. I would look at enforcing the current regulations more strictly.

The biggest thing would be just to fine people who do not wear masks and businesses not following protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad