OT: Coronavirus XX : Here Comes Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
notice how they change how they report new cases in the media as it suits their agenda? It used to be daily, then it went to every few days, now it’s being reported as a M-F number? Gotta make those numbers look big!!

This is straight up wrong. The numbers reported are still daily active cases. They do that M-F. On weekends they report the cases on the Monday, But also daily breakdowns of how many infections on Saturday, Sunday.

Theres no agenda to make the numbers appear worse. The media gets the same numbers, and reports the same numbers that AHS are providing on the covid website.

btw. U of A hospital emergency wait time is quoting 8hrs, right now, as I post this. About the highest I've ever seen. Thats 8hrs btw for extremely emergent cases. If the case is not extremely emergent they'll be seeing people by tomorrow morning.

Calgary hospital wait times are always less. Something Edmonton has been complaining about forever.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
you're so out to lunch man. "politically motivated". gimme a break. It's not MOTIVATED by politics but I certainly take into account who's in charge and running the show. whether or not it's UCP or NDP in charge, I would not agree with the the chief medical officer's current stance. It's motivated by preferring that we take a bit better action to reduce cases.
Nah it’s clearly motivated by your political bias. You’ve made that clear over and over again.

Reactions: oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
lol, "agenda" gimme a break. you need to settle down dude. and ya it is a significant rise in numbers that could play a deadly role in months to come. seriously, what's it to you. I'm a bit concerned about this rise and rightfully so. You're not. good for you. You're not a "sheep" right? good for you brah.

and no, the media didn't change how they reported it. I just quickly added it up myself. sooo, no the media isn't out to f*** your sh** up.

“could play a role” guess we all better live in fear forever because something could happen. Lol.

you’ve yet to tell how the province is supposed to micro manage citizens as you’re suggesting they should. Should every person have someone following them around making sure they’re 100% Covid safe at all times and fine them if they slip up?

Reactions: oilers'72

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Nah it’s clearly motivated by your political bias. You’ve made that clear over and over again.

riiigght... "i only disagree with hinshaw's current stance because i dislike kenny and the ucp".... hey, you do you and continue to be pig headed.

I've clearly, from the beginning, showed that i was for cautious approach to this pandemic and I applauded Hinshaw's early stance in March and Apr. Where was my "politically motivated" hate for Kenny and UCP then? Pretty hypocritical of you to say i was "putting words in your mouth" when you're doing that now.

Last edited:

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
“could play a role” guess we all better live in fear forever because something could happen. Lol.

you’ve yet to tell how the province is supposed to micro manage citizens as you’re suggesting they should. Should every person have someone following them around making sure they’re 100% Covid safe at all times and fine them if they slip up?

look, you do you, and think things are fine the way they are now. You're entitled to that opinion. I disagree and think we can do better to reduce spread and hopefully set us up better for the fall/winter. I've outlined in many posts some suggestions and I'm not going to spell it out for you every friggin post.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Lets play a new game.

Those people who have risked life and limb to keep what is left of the economy going don't pay any taxes from Mar 1 until this pandemic is over.
Everyone collecting CERB has to pay 100% back over 5 years when the pandemic is declared over.
Everyone on CEWS will have wages garnished to repay 100% over 5 years when the pandemic is over.

Also public sector wages will be reduced by the percentage of personal tax revenue difference between 2019 and 2020

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Lets play a new game.

Those people who have risked life and limb to keep what is left of the economy going don't pay any taxes from Mar 1 until this pandemic is over.
Everyone collecting CERB has to pay 100% back over 5 years when the pandemic is declared over.
Everyone on CEWS will have wages garnished to repay 100% over 5 years when the pandemic is over.

Also public sector wages will be reduced by the percentage of personal tax revenue difference between 2019 and 2020

And front line health care workers who risk their own health/lives and the health/lives of their family having to deal with/test/treat ever growing number of covid cases never have to pay taxes again.

I would say many of us who are still employed are pretty damn thankful to be. I do not envy those on CERB at all.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Lets play a new game.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
And front line health care workers who risk their own health/lives and the health/lives of their family having to deal with/test/treat ever growing number of covid cases never have to pay taxes again.

I would say many of us who are still employed are pretty damn thankful to be. I do not envy those on CERB at all.

Ah yes those mythical unicorns. Tell you what my friends who work at grey nuns are loving this. Nothing going on. Getting sent home early with full pay.

Sorry Covid is nothing more than a flu that kills already sick people.

Nothing more than mother natures way of cleaning up a species.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Ah yes those mythical unicorns. Tell you what my friends who work at grey nuns are loving this. Nothing going on. Getting sent home early with full pay.

And there we have it. Nothing more to say. G'day.

Bangers

May 31, 2006

Again with the 'cleaning out' of the species?

I'm not saying you're a fascist, only that you'd do well in an SS uniform.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Pretty cold hearted statement.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Again with the 'cleaning out' of the species?

I'm not saying you're a fascist, only that you'd do well in an SS uniform.

Lol meanwhile everyone is support lockdowns forced speech fines and jail time .

Sorry But unlike you the data supports me. Most deaths from Covid19 are those with 2 or more ailments.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Pretty cold hearted statement.

Naw just the truth. Only the human races believes their a higher tier than any of mother natures creations. News flash covid is just a small sample of mother nature. The next bug may not be so gentle

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yes I definitely dont trust Kenny and his intentions. Really who does? You?

Are you disregarding the impacts of covid deaths and the thousands that are suffering from long term/potential permanent effects of this. For all we know they could spiral into a depression becuase of the symptoms and commit suicide too.

I do :)

Reactions: nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad