OT: Coronavirus. NHL conference call with announcement shortly after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Apparently kids are the carriers in lots of situations though (for really, really, REALLY obvious reasons, if you have ever had a kid). So the kid has the virus, doesn't get symptoms (for reasons that don't seem to be well understood at this point) and then infects the family at home. One of the primary vectors is in fact schools. Joe Rogan had an expert on the other day and one of the FIRST things you should do is close schools, for the very reasons I'm describing here.
Yikes, hopefully we can find a more direct source, some of that makes some sense...kind of. Though I would expect if there's population infection, swift action from the Federal Gov and Oil field tax cuts from the Provincial Gov.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Probably for a couple reason, there hasn't been much in population spread of the illness in Canada so far and it doesn't seem to affect kids that much, though there's a kid in Calgary who has it now.
it doesn't in general affect any heelthy person either. The swine flu killed over 12 thousand in the States and over 500000 worldwide and it blew over. Oh and Obama was in office then lol this isn't political and shouldn't be. This is yes a health crisis to stop the spread to those weak and ill but we have seen much worse and this will blow over and the world is not ending. Many clowns on here are screaming the sky is falling . The truth is this will blow over soon despite peoples paranoid sky is falling scenarios. So everybody stop putting words in my mouth. Yes there is huge uncalled for hysteria in my opinion but i still agree with taking normal precautions

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I doubt the death toll will climb much higher. It's just not that deadly.

We are three months in and are hovering around 4-5k? That's after it sprinted through China and Italy decided that everyone who tested positive died because of it...

IMO, we probably wont see a hundred deaths in Canada.

I could be wrong, but articles such as this from the NY Post certainly suggest that I am on to something.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/98-year-old-chinese-woman-cured-of-coronavirus-in-wuhan/

She is 98 with no underlying health conditions. I'm pretty sure Tom Hanks will be just fine.

Reactions: MessierII

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
it doesn't in general affect any heelthy person either. The swine flu killed over 12 thousand in the States and over 500000 worldwide and it blew over. Oh and Obama was in office then lol this isn't political and shouldn't be. This is yes a healthy crisis to stop the spread to those weak and ill but we have seen much worse and this will blow over and the world is not ending. Mant clowns on here and screaming the sky is falling . The truth is this will blow over soon despite peoples paranoid sky is falling scenarios. So everybody stop putting words in my mouth. Yes there is huge uncalled for hysteria in my opinion but i still agree with taking normal precautions
Again you're miserable and ignorant.

I get it you're really gassed up on your self assurance, but you actively have no f*cking clue, you're just spouting ignorant nonsense

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Again you're miserable and ignorant.

I get it you're really gassed up on your self assurance, but you actively have no f*cking clue, you're just spouting ignorant nonsense
and you are a paranoid freak!! what did i say that was false??? instead of calling me names tell me what is said that was not true?? You bought all your toilet paper yet? lol

Reactions: MessierII

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Trudeau right now:

giphy.gif

The rest of us in Canada:

giphy.gif

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
If I was the commissioner I’d take 2 weeks off get everyone you need to be in the building for a game tested and then start back up without fans in the building.
Automatically eliminate the teams that are out of it. Make the regular season like 6 games longer play just west vs west and east vs east and do the standings by point percentage

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
If I was the commissioner I’d take 2 weeks off get everyone you need to be in the building for a game tested and then start back up without fans in the building.
Automatically eliminate the teams that are out of it. Make the regular season like 6 games longer play just west vs west and east vs east and do the standings by point percentage
Except every time they step into an airport to travel they’re at a massive risk to catch it.

Removing fans from the buildings doesn’t impact the players likelihood of catching it anyways, it’s about the travel and close contact with the staff and each other.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
it doesn't in general affect any heelthy person either. The swine flu killed over 12 thousand in the States and over 500000 worldwide and it blew over. Oh and Obama was in office then lol this isn't political and shouldn't be. This is yes a health crisis to stop the spread to those weak and ill but we have seen much worse and this will blow over and the world is not ending. Many clowns on here are screaming the sky is falling . The truth is this will blow over soon despite peoples paranoid sky is falling scenarios. So everybody stop putting words in my mouth. Yes there is huge uncalled for hysteria in my opinion but i still agree with taking normal precautions

We have literally not seen worse in our lifetime. Please educate yourself regarding what is happening in Italy right now - a first world country with an advanced healthcare system. Doctors are literally being forced to choose who lives and who dies a terrible asphyxiation death due to the exponential increase in severe cases over the last 3 weeks.

It’s not panic and it’s not hysteria - we’re trying to stop what’s happening there from happening here, and there is a very real threat of that happening.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
We have literally not seen worse in our lifetime. Please educate yourself regarding what is happening in Italy right now - a first world country with an advanced healthcare system. Doctors are literally being forced to choose who lives and who dies a terrible asphyxiation death due to the exponential increase in severe cases over the last 3 weeks.

It’s not panic and it’s not hysteria - we’re trying to stop what’s happening there from happening here, and there is a very real threat of that happening.
educate yourself on the swine flu under Obama lol your hysteria just makes yoiu seem crazy

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Except every time they step into an airport to travel they’re at a massive risk to catch it.

Removing fans from the buildings doesn’t impact the players likelihood of catching it anyways, it’s about the travel and close contact with the staff and each other.
They travel privately do they not?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So, either @5 Mins 4 Ftg and @kevy999 are the enlightened ones, or this is far more serious than you two have endlessly speculated here. Everything is getting shut down.

By the way @5 Mins 4 Ftg , looks like AA won't end up scoring again this year after all...

I’ve never said there was nothing to worry about. I’ve said repeatedly that people need to act rationally and responsibly. Refusing to wash your hands and hoarding toilet paper and repeating ridiculous speculation that 250,000 people have already died is the opposite of that.

The avatar bet was made under the safe and reasonable assumption that he had 15 games to score. Not 3. If you want to be childish and say you win then fine I will play along and wear your silly avatar.

Now go wash your hands. :D

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Call me crazy but I think Canada should shut its borders. The US is not testing and taking this virus seriously... and it's all coming to Canada.

They should. But common folk would just whine about freedoms blah blah

"YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!"

shit like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad