Speculation: Copp's future?

What is Copp's future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
@Arthur Fonzarelli , what are the implications to getting Gus on the roster? Unless they want to have him play more minutes on the Moose, I thought he might be the 4C, with Nash on the wing, and have Toninato and Harkins as the 12/13 (assuming Copp can get signed).

Gus has a cap hit of $817,500 & could earn more in bonus ($57,500) so a league minimum skater making $750,000 is the cheaper financial alternative.

Up until the trades for Schmidt & Dillon, most predictions had Gus at C4, but those deals & the subsequent free agent signing of Riley Nash has created a financial environment where even an extra $67,500 in savings could play a big role to staying under the cap.

I've placed Gus at C4 & Nash at RW4. Toninato is the forward scratch & left Copp unsigned but with a slot allotted for him at LW3. Once Copp is signed, Harkins would drop to LW4.

Checking out the screenshot that leaves $5,108,688 available to sign Copp, but let's keep in mind a scratch defensemen is also needed.

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 12.03.43 PM.png

1) the cheapest 22 man roster could include Niku ($725,000) & leaves $4,383,688
2) the most expensive 22 man roster could include Beaulieu ($1,250,000) & leaves $3,858,688
3) running a 23 man roster with both ($1,975,000) leaves $3,133688

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
anyone who thinks Copp isn't going to arbitration and then gone in UFA is crazy.

we can't afford pay him his ask(he's not worth it).
so we pitch a team friendly value, he asks for arbitration, he now will have gone to arbitartion twice. He wasn't happy last time about it, he isn't happy about the Jet's value for him, and he will take the arbitration contract for 1 year become UFA and walk. book it.

I'm a biiig chevy fan......but he screwed the pooch on this. He should have signed Copp and shipped him off to Seattle. Soon, Chevy's failure to protect Apples will really bite our asses.

We were kinda both right and both wrong. I was right for not being crazy that there was a solid chance he signs and is not traded. However a one year deal leading to FA is not too different than your prediction of an arb deal leading to FA .

But I think less hard feelings with avoiding arb again is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad