Injury Report: Copp broken cheek bone

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
No it doesn't count if he's bought out. Let me re-phrase that because my intent wasn't clear. He won't finish his contract in Detroit. GR and buyout doesn't count.

With 4 kids, I am still interested. I need that car! LOL

Seriously, I don't think he lasts. I called him Abby 2.0. More and more, he looks like the exact model.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
With 4 kids, I am still interested. I need that car! LOL

Seriously, I don't think he lasts. I called him Abby 2.0. More and more, he looks like the exact model.

I don't think he fully recovered from that core surgery. They never specified the injury beyond that, but it's common to have scaring and muscle tightness after soft tissue surgery.

I really hate it when a player hides an injury then signs a big contract. IIRC, Abby injured himself after signing.

Reactions: heyfolks

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The percentage Copp influences wins and losses relative the amount people talk about him is completely wild. What is it about moderately overpaid middle 6 signings that make this fan base lose their collective minds.

He was brought in to stabilize a team that was feeding the bottom with a lack of guys to PK and take draws. That's been accomplished. Nobody thought Andrew freakin' Copp was going to be the factor that tilts this team to contender and his middling contract reflects that.

He's still easily one of the top 12 forwards in this franchise (can't believe I have to even say that) and does a lot of small things that aren't entirely obvious to casual viewing. His ice time will continue to drop as better players are folded in but we're not there yet. That was always the appeal of him, he's a guy that can plug in anywhere and adapt as the team evolves.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The percentage Copp influences wins and losses relative the amount people talk about him is completely wild.

The team has won like 90% (maybe more) of the games when Copp scores. Forgive me for being unhappy that he doesn't score more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad