Copa America 2020-1

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
https://copaamerica.com/en/groups/

Schedule-bg-blue-CA2021-v7-en.pdf

Updates:
Qatar and Australia with draw
WC qualifiers are reschedule just days before the tournament starts. Argentina play Chile and Columbia in the lead up to the copa. I like it should serve well for a warm up. The squads should be announced in the coming weeks Im sure.

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Who would be in your ideal 23?
The key will be the defence. The forwards/midfielders are pretty much set. I wouldnt expect too many changes. Keeper should be Martinez but I dont think he starts.

Keepers:

Armani
Martinez
Andrada

Defence:

L.Martinez
Senesi
Romero
Foyth
Montiel
Lucas. Martinez
Tagliafico

Midfielders:

Palacios
Lo Celso
Paredes
RDP
Ocampos
Gonzalez
Rodriguez

Attackers
Correa
Dybala
Kun
Messi
ADM
Lautaro

Rodriguez as the 7th midfielder just because I dont see how anyone else gets the nod. I dont think he's any better than Ascacibar but he will never get called up having barely played the past 18 months. Im going against my beliefs in bringing the older guys like ADM but you cant over look what he has done this season. Is it a mistake maybe but he's earned it based off his play this season. Who knows maybe if he's not asked to be a starter, he could finally stay healthy for a f***ing tournament. I wouldnt start him though. Mind you all this is for not because Otamendi will get called up im just hoping Scaloni doesn't start him. Even that might be wishful thinking.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
The key will be the defence. The forwards/midfielders are pretty much set. I wouldnt expect too many changes. Keeper should be Martinez but I dont think he starts.

Keepers:

Armani
Martinez
Andrada

Defence:

L.Martinez
Senesi
Romero
Foyth
Montiel
Lucas. Martinez
Tagliafico

Midfielders:

Palacios
Lo Celso
Paredes
RDP
Ocampos
Gonzalez
Rodriguez

Attackers
Correa
Dybala
Kun
Messi
ADM
Lautaro

Rodriguez as the 7th midfielder just because I dont see how anyone else gets the nod. I dont think he's any better than Ascacibar but he will never get called up having barely played the past 18 months. Im going against my beliefs in bringing the older guys like ADM but you cant over look what he has done this season. Is it a mistake maybe but he's earned it based off his play this season. Who knows maybe if he's not asked to be a starter, he could finally stay healthy for a f***ing tournament. I wouldnt start him though. Mind you all this is for not because Otamendi will get called up im just hoping Scaloni doesn't start him. Even that might be wishful thinking.

This looks about right to me. My only change would be Papu for Rodriguez. After his season in Atalanta last year, I find it hard to leave him off the lineup. Both Dominguez and Ascacibar are also good options there.

As for goaltending, I wish Benitez was on the radar, I think he's had a nice season for Nice. Emi Martinez should be the starter.

I really hope he doesn't take Otamendi or Pezzella, but knowing Scaloni we likely see both.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, Papu has been fire lately but Guido brings something different to that midfield. If papu is in then you take out an offensive guy. Dominquez I’m stil trying to figure out what he does tbh. Seems like a worse Paredes. Buendi is another omission he would’ve been a great option tbh. I would’ve taken him.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Yeah, Papu has been fire lately but Guido brings something different to that midfield. If papu is in then you take out an offensive guy. Dominquez I’m stil trying to figure out what he does tbh. Seems like a worse Paredes. Buendi is another omission he would’ve been a great option tbh. I would’ve taken him.

Yea Buendia has been excellent in the championship, would have liked to see him in the lineup. Fair point, on Guido.

Any chance they try Lisandro at CDM? He's played there in the past.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yea Buendia has been excellent in the championship, would have liked to see him in the lineup. Fair point, on Guido.

Any chance they try Lisandro at CDM? He's played there in the past.
I toyed with the idea and it could work but I doubt scaloni does it. The best bet is

Lautaro
Nico-Messi-Lo celso
Palacios-Paredes
Nico-Martinez-Romero-foyth

if he did use Lisandro as a CDM it pushes Palacios up and brings in Senesi. Rdp starts too I’m just using fantasising.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Meetings about moving the copa Lib and sudamericana from Columbia along with the copa america. Due to the unrest. Unprecedented but welcoming news.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Massive calls by scaloni. Emi is I after his omission in the 50 players list randomly. No dybala. Palacios, foyth and Alario are in but hurt. The list doesn’t include the local players and needs to be trimmed by 7 players but no complaints other than no senesi

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not sure how realistic this is as no reliable sources are reporting this but there is some rumblings on Twitter they will move this tournament to the US, not sure how they can do it on short notice though

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure how realistic this is as no reliable sources are reporting this but there is some rumblings on Twitter they will move this tournament to the US, not sure how they can do it on short notice though
Its now confirmed that Argentina will be the sole hosts. Thank god tbh. The default setting for everyone is moved it to the US lol.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
They should just scrap this and play World Cup qualifiers instead, would mean more to the teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad