OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just want a playoff here. Looks like Brooks has it in the bag though.

I'm very excited for the new Fire Emblem. Really waiting on the next Metroid more than anything though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I like to think in some universe Donald Glover is doing the TV rounds including Troy and Abed in morning.
He was pretty funny on SNL, opening monologue was very good. He also was the musical guest on the show as well, and though it did show his versatility, he's was not really up for the task in that regard.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I've never been that into the Zelda series to be honest. Breath of the Wild looks great but I mean I have no affinity to it, I'm not compelled to play it like I am Fire Emblem

If they can come anywhere close to capturing what they did in Metroid Prime with Metroid Prime 4, that alone would be enough reason to own a Switch.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
After watching the Jurassic Park trilogy over again, I have no idea how this even got to a 3rd film.

The 1st is perfection.

The 2nd is a really dumbed down version of the 1st but with SOME charm, a borderline just pretty good movie.

JP3 is f***ing trash that shouldn't even be canon.

No wonder it took like, 14-15 years between JP3 and Jurassic World. (Which I still need to see)

Oddly enough though, the original Jurassic Park holds up the best in regards to graphics. The late 90s and early 00s were not a fun time for CGI and computer animation. That's for sure.

But yeah, Jurassic Park as a whole suffers the same way JAWS did. One classic movie makes way for a good 2nd movie that doesn't live up to the original and then continues to shit on the film's legacy with sequel after sequel.

At least we didn't get Jurassic Park 3D though!

To this day, Indy has been Spielbergs most balanced movie franchise. Only one of those films has been objectively awful where as the rest have been on par with the 1st.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
After watching the Jurassic Park trilogy over again, I have no idea how this even got to a 3rd film.

The 1st is perfection.

The 2nd is a really dumbed down version of the 1st but with SOME charm, a borderline just pretty good movie.

JP3 is ****ing trash that shouldn't even be canon.

No wonder it took like, 14-15 years between JP3 and Jurassic World. (Which I still need to see)

Oddly enough though, the original Jurassic Park holds up the best in regards to graphics. The late 90s and early 00s were not a fun time for CGI and computer animation. That's for sure.

But yeah, Jurassic Park as a whole suffers the same way JAWS did. One classic movie makes way for a good 2nd movie that doesn't live up to the original and then continues to **** on the film's legacy with sequel after sequel.

At least we didn't get Jurassic Park 3D though!

To this day, Indy has been Spielbergs most balanced movie franchise. Only one of those films has been objectively awful where as the rest have been on par with the 1st.
Yeah, they kind of sucked when they made too many. I hate that dooshbag Chris Pratt, so I don't even wanna watch the current one. I did see the last one.

I've seen all of them in theaters, except the current new one. I saw the first one back when it came out, and I can't remember if it was with friends or a girl I was going out with in high school? I don't even remember who I saw it with. I saw the one in the late 90's with my long time girlfriend, the first year we were together. It may have been our first or one of the first movies we saw together. It came out around the same time that Batman with George Clooney was out and I think we saw both that day. We used to see two movies together each time we went. Then we saw the third one in theaters in 2001 or whatever it was. The same day we also saw the original Fast And Furious. I remember her saying ''I wanna see Jurassic Park!'' and I was like ''WUT? There's another Jurassic Park?''.

I saw the one that came in 2015 with my friend and his family. I think he's already seen it, so I won't be dragged to it when he's here the week after this coming week, or when I visit him in Denver next month.

I won't be seeing the new one. I've been seeing a new girl currently, and we don't do movies together. It's time better spent where we could talk to each other and hang out, rather than stare at a movie screen for a couple hours. Only if you have close to unlimited time together are movie dates cool.

By the way, did I mention how I don't like that Chris Pratt guy?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I enjoyed the first two Jurassic Park movies, but it's been downhill ever since then. Jurassic World had some cool moments (mostly callbacks to the very first movie) but some absolutely awful writing. I might catch the latest one if it ends up on Netflix, but have no real desire to watch it otherwise.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Fallen Kingdom was two movies that had completely dissonant tones smashed into one. The first half was a mad dash to the CGI volcano set piece and it sucked balls, the second half was surprisingly good and tense in the vein of Resident Evil/Dino Crisis.

It was very poorly written in general, though there were some very good spots. IDK it was weird, I liked all of the pieces individually but the movie as a whole just didn't work. It wasn't cohesive at all. It's passable as a popcorn flick but don't expect anything close to a real movie.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Yeah, they kind of sucked when they made too many. I hate that dooshbag Chris Pratt, so I don't even wanna watch the current one. I did see the last one.

I've seen all of them in theaters, except the current new one. I saw the first one back when it came out, and I can't remember if it was with friends or a girl I was going out with in high school? I don't even remember who I saw it with. I saw the one in the late 90's with my long time girlfriend, the first year we were together. It may have been our first or one of the first movies we saw together. It came out around the same time that Batman with George Clooney was out and I think we saw both that day. We used to see two movies together each time we went. Then we saw the third one in theaters in 2001 or whatever it was. The same day we also saw the original Fast And Furious. I remember her saying ''I wanna see Jurassic Park!'' and I was like ''WUT? There's another Jurassic Park?''.

I saw the one that came in 2015 with my friend and his family. I think he's already seen it, so I won't be dragged to it when he's here the week after this coming week, or when I visit him in Denver next month.

I won't be seeing the new one. I've been seeing a new girl currently, and we don't do movies together. It's time better spent where we could talk to each other and hang out, rather than stare at a movie screen for a couple hours. Only if you have close to unlimited time together are movie dates cool.

By the way, did I mention how I don't like that Chris Pratt guy?

What's the Chris Pratt beef about?

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
So I watched this Japanese movie called "tag" last night- I don't think i've ever seen a weirder movie.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
So I watched this Japanese movie called "tag" last night- I don't think i've ever seen a weirder movie.

makes me think of battle royale, but more insane. did you enjoy it?

also, i'm going to japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, whatever else in between) in october in a small group of 4 people (so this should whet my interest) - has anyone been/have any recommendations?

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
makes me think of battle royale, but more insane. did you enjoy it?

also, i'm going to japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, whatever else in between) in october in a small group of 4 people (so this should whet my interest) - has anyone been/have any recommendations?

Take me with yoooou. One day I play on going.. One day..

Reactions: OmNomNom

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Oddly enough no. Three kids burglarize houses but picked the wrong one... or did they? I liked it.

I was kidding :D

I actually have that on my list to watch. Isn’t the old mans house they break into the bad guy from Avatar?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Damn, I was thinking for a moment that the Americans remade a Japanese movie again (Tag with Jeremy Renner and John Hamm) but no... that looks nothing like the American trailers I’ve seen :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad