OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
My favorite Marvel movie was Thor: Ragnarok. Was super refreshing to have a more upbeat superhero movie after all that dark brooding crap that's been churned out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just rewatched Fellowship of the Ring and I forgot just how good it is.

I think people forgot because of how much of a mess the Hobbit movies were. Even Two Towers and Return of the King have quirks and flanderzations that take away from the final product. They are still good though.

Fellowship though is as good an adaptation of Tolkein’s work as you will find.

Reactions: Darkauron

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not gonna quote cause there's too much to delete out of that but I would always rather watch something new over something I've seen already. That's why I'm not watching things more then once.

I thought the hobbit was meh too but I liked it more than the lord of the rings probably cause it was shorter lol I just don't care for the genre at all, mythical beasts, different sets of people in different areas of some world, meh I'm good, I simply just don't care.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
same. and i put anime in the same category of things i don't give a **** about lol

Same, I know some people who love that stuff and I've given their recommendations a shot and never made it through an entire series of any of it.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not knocking it or the fantasy movie genre like LOTR or game of thrones series. I'm not saying they all suck, just saying I just can't get into the stuff, there's just no appeal for it to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartyOwns

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Nice! Steins;Gate is my favorite too! The newest Steins;Gate 0 is airing right now too. I also personally recommenced Psycho pass, ReZero, Death Parade, ERASED , and No game no life.
oh my god you are my spirit animal

psychopass is underrated and so good. i also recommend Nichijou, since it was hilarious, and Shiki, which was really dark and awesome

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
oh my god you are my spirit animal

psychopass is underrated and so good. i also recommend Nichijou, since it was hilarious, and Shiki, which was really dark and awesome

:naughty: Yeah I love psychopass so much, it is really amazing. And oh my god Shiki was sooooooo f***ing dumb, but still entertaining. Glad it didn't take itself too seriously.

kpop fans will rip you to shreds, sir

I'd gladly like to seem them try. Idol stuff is such a shitty thing to do.. the amount of work they have to do 24/7 at such a young age even to get anywhere is so crappy.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I'd gladly like to seem them try. Idol stuff is such a ****ty thing to do.. the amount of work they have to do 24/7 at such a young age even to get anywhere is so crappy.

that's their culture though - where plastic surgery is standard, being skinny is idolized, and you can really make a living by performing music. it's part of asian culture (believe me, i know).

it totally drives some people to be sad, but that's the risk you run when you go for it. i will say, i'm glad that their music industry isn't like hollywood, where celebrities/musicians make tonssssss of money. like even famous groups don't make a ton (like under 6 figures), unless they go global

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is there a new season of No Game No Life? I had started that, then caught up and gave up waiting for a new season to come out. Did the same thing with Psychopass.

I really do need to watch the new Steins Gate, but I also feel like I have to rewatch the first one, or at least finish the game. I remember I quite liked it, but can't remember a whole lot about it :laugh:

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Is there a new season of No Game No Life? I had started that, then caught up and gave up waiting for a new season to come out. Did the same thing with Psychopass.

I really do need to watch the new Steins Gate, but I also feel like I have to rewatch the first one, or at least finish the game. I remember I quite liked it, but can't remember a whole lot about it :laugh:

We are never getting a season 2 of NGNL :( There was a movie that came out after tho.

And yeah the Visual novel for steins gate is a million times better than the show for sure. But watching the anime is much easier and lazier.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We are never getting a season 2 of NGNL :( There was a movie that came out after tho.

And yeah the Visual novel for steins gate is a million times better than the show for sure. But watching the anime is much easier and lazier.

I just finished reading the new chapter of ToG. One can only hope that continues to the end. Seems like it has potential to go on just about forever, though.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It looked like it was going to be. Especially with all of the advertising. Lost the spirit imo

They tricked me into seeing it. I loved the 1st one but they literally tricked the viewers with the commercials.

The after credits scene are truly some of the best though.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
any gamers out there??

dayz is making a come back.

fun video :)

great game to get into right now.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Dayz is pretty dead and useless. You are better off getting the newer Arma and playing some of the Dayz like mods that are better than Dayz.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
i get the sentiment. the game has been stale and clunky for a long time.

those mods arent my bag tbh. they are ok. this development team is doing things those mods cant. like make a game for the masses.

this new .63 update is really promising tho. it was the 2nd most streamed game on twitch over the weekend when they were testing it (behind fortnite of course). a dead game does not do that. i dont know if you tried it but if you havent... download the stress test and follow their twitter. there is going to be a short test in the next few days followed by a longer test... maybe this weekend or next weekend. you can still play it offline by urself in the meantime.

hope it holds up. mods/basebuilding/vehicles/jumping/climbing etc... are coming for it and it really has a chance to make a come back. i wouldnt give up on it yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->