OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
oh... that one. lol

He was used perfectly outside a little too much 'solo action' at the end I think.

[spoil]There's a single critical flaw with the story but no need to dwell on it - just if you can transmit from point A to B, why do you have to hand carry from point B to C???

This is KRBL - transmitting radio free to the outer rim. Problem solved. lol :sarcasm: [/spoil]

I was kind of thinking the same thing.:laugh:

[Spoil]In ANH, Vader mentions the plans that were beamed aboard the Tantive IV. So when they handed the plans off and the ship dropped out of the flagship (by the way, I loved the short, fat Mon Cal admiral) I was like "Hey wait a minute...".

As for Vader, I liked him cutting through Rebels at the end there. Although it did make me think, what was he tired like half an hour later when they caught the Tantive IV and boarded it that he sent the stormtroopers in first, or was he just being a dick?[/Spoil]

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I really liked Rogue 1 pretty much start to finish. Wasn't too excited for it at all after TFA last year, sorry MadDevil [I really despised that movie lol, just awful] but R1 got the bad taste out of my mouth.

[spoil]Only thing I didn't like was CGI Leia and Tarkin, took me out of it a bit. Leia was ok but Tarkin had waaaaaay to much screen time. It was cool seeing them though. Pretty cool seeing Red and Gold Leaders in there too, I think that was recycled old footage. The last scene with Vader just going ape **** was awesome haha. It had a good pace to it, no slow angsty introspective stuff. I like war movies and this felt like one with the big battle scenes.[/spoil]

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Why you no good son of a....

Just kidding. I know a lot of people who didn't like TFA. I did, but then I'm also somebody who argues there are some redeeming qualities to the PT.

*dodges objects being thrown*

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Why you no good son of a....

Just kidding. I know a lot of people who didn't like TFA. I did, but then I'm also somebody who argues there are some redeeming qualities to the PT.

*dodges objects being thrown*

Haha, I was just expecting something totally different and felt kinda gipped, come off as a big money grab to me. I can see why people liked it, a nostalgic reboot that introduced some new stuff. I agree about the PT.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Ok So i finished watching season 9 of Doctor Who. Why the **** is the Doctor so obsessed with Clara? Other then have a adorable smush face she blah as a character. Its a shame too because i loved Peter's doctor. Im sure it explained in earlier episodes like the impossible girl but i just cant go back and put up with her anymore

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I went to WWE Live at Barclays Center last night.

First off... Barclays Center sucks. It takes a while to get inside, the seats are tiny and there is no leg room what-so-ever. The food options are extremely limited. The hallways are dark and small. It was a reminder why we go to concerts in Philly now instead of NYC. After the show, we took the N train from Atlantic Ave to Cortlandt St and walked to WTC to take the Path. The Path took forever to come then just sat there forever. From Barclays Center to the Harrison Path station took almost two hours. We live in Carteret now and could have driven from Philly up to Exit 12 on the Turnpike in an hour and 10 minutes. Not to mention $12 to park in Harrison, $11 each for the Path and the Subway= $34. It's cheaper to drive to Philly and park somewhere.

ANYWAY.

This show was actually better than any Raw or Smackdown I have been to. NO constant replays of previous shows. No BS. Just wrestling. Sami Zayn cut a promo and Owens and Jericho did some talking in the ring and that was pretty much it for the non wrestling stuff.

-New Day vs Sheamus/Cesaro vs The Club for the Tag Championships
Sheamus and Cesaro retained. Great match with a lot of high flying moves.

-Big Cass vs Rusev
Big Cass won. Standard match. Nothing special.

- Chris Jericho vs Seth Rollins
Rollins won. This was a very good match

-Golden Truth/Curtis Axel/Darren Young/Sin Cara vs. Shining Stars/Titus O'Neill/Bo Dallas/Jinder Mahal
R Truth got the pin. This match was boring haha.

After the match, Bo Dallas got on the mic and yelled that he was not going to lose and he challenged anyone in the back to come out and fight. Big Show came out and punched him in the face.

-Sasha Banks/Bayley/Liv Morgan vs. Charlotte/Dana Brooke/Nia Jax
The good girls won. Liv Morgan was impressive. I guess they are trying her out on the main roster. Foxy was the special ref. It was supposed to be Emma but that changed.

-Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman
Strowman won. They gave Zayn a chance in this one. He got some moves in and actually got to cover for a pin a few times. Strowman is getting better as a wrestler.

-Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns for the US Title
Roman retained. This was a great match. I'll tell you what... Kevin Owens is the best thing going in this business. On his way down to the ring he screwed around with some kids in the audience, refusing to high five them and having a staring contest with another. Then he yelled at an old guy wearing a Roman Reigns shirt saying he was going to die in five years. Then he had Roman in a headlock for a few minutes on the mat and was trash talking back and forth with some fans in the front row.

I'm glad I went and it was a good time. Better than the TV shows.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Huh, funny you say that because I just added 'Your Lie in April' to my crunchyroll list. I'll check it out!
I'm currently watching Netflix's 'Knigts of Sidonia'... not bad for a mobile suit anime, but very typical with it's 'end of humanity' plot.

Bleach did suffer from running too long, like a good chunk of Shonens unfortunately.

Edit: and my apologies, I'll love this talk to the entertainment thread :).

Yes, thank you! I started that series quite a while ago. I got caught up and then just never got back to it. I forgot the title, but I thought it was pretty decent and wanted to continue watching it. I appreciate that memory jog!

Also, prepare yourself for a pretty empty feeling after Your Lie in April.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Yes, thank you! I started that series quite a while ago. I got caught up and then just never got back to it. I forgot the title, but I thought it was pretty decent and wanted to continue watching it. I appreciate that memory jog!

Of course!
Anyways, time for more FFXV.
I'll be sure to participate on this thread and the Devils board more often.

Thanks dood!

PS. Bonus points if you know what 'dood' is from :P.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So i'm watching John Wick and right after the saddest action movie beginning ever a commercial for A Dogs Purpose comes on

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I can't wait for Zelda Breath of the Wild!

Speaking of anime also, if you guys are familiar with the Gundam series... I FINALLY found the 'god/hyper mode' Gundam from the G Gundam series. By far my favorite mobile suit!

10030975.jpg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
How many Wolverine movies is this now, 10?

It's like the third that's focused on Wolverine. Origins was terrible, the one set in Japan I enjoyed, and this one looks pretty good. Hopefully it's the last Wolverine movie for a while though. I still haven't seen the last X-Men movie yet.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Of course!
Anyways, time for more FFXV.
I'll be sure to participate on this thread and the Devils board more often.

Thanks dood!

PS. Bonus points if you know what 'dood' is from :P.

You know, this has been bugging me because I can't think of what it's from.

Anyway, just finished Anohana, which makes Your Lie in April, Plastic Memories and Anohana back to back to back. I watched them in reverse order of what they should have been, because Your Lie in April was pretty damn good, Plastic Memories wasn't bad, and Anohana was just OK at best. Regardless, I think that's enough feels animes for a while.

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Anyone playing Xbox one? Haven't heard much lately, I plan on picking one up soon since they're pretty cheap, I kinda miss it. I have a bunch of die hard friends playing [mostly BF1, Rainbow 6, GTA] that I still keep in touch with from the 360 days but it seems people aren't into it as much as they used to.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Disappointed I didn't really know about For Honour until now, the last day of beta. I really love the look of it and it's much deeper than I thought it would be. At least the release date isn't too far away.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
NXT Takeover San Antonio was incredible. Roode and Nakamura was a legit MOTY contender.

I'll have to watch it again since I started Takeover fairly late on Saturday night. I was still a bit jetlagged and started dozing off during the tag title match.

Work sent me to Cleveland last week and Raw happened to be there. Sometimes a hot crowd can make/break a show. Saw an NXT house show last year and the atmosphere was amazing. But it seemed like a mostly dead crowd, at least in my section. More than 50% of the upper deck was curtained off as well.

Zayn/Rollins probably would have been more enjoyable with a hotter crowd. But I did enjoy the HHH fakeout and the Undertaker appearance. I had stayed away from the news beforehand, so I wasn't expecting a Lesnar appearance. Albeit they were selling a Cleveland Suplex City shirt.

Getting to mark out over those entrances might be enough to diminish my desire to do Mania this year. Lackluster Rumble also didn't make Mania a huge priority, but next year's in New Orleans might be the year I finally go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad