Value of: Connor Murphy

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
huh? murphy wouldn't return a 1st in this climate?

he's a no.3 defensive dman with a physical shutdown style under contract with term remaining in a flat cap world with a $3.85 mil cap hit in his 20s still

that's the type of player GMs would lineup to throw a 1st or similar caliber prospect at in a trade
Flat cap world
Expansion draft looming

Nope. Murphy isn't going to get a 1st round pick or cost controlled, expansion exempt recent 1st rounder.

If he's worth that, then keep him.

Reactions: Pertti

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
To Arizona for a slightly used Nik Hjalmarsson?

As part of undoing everything John Chayka ever did in Arizona.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
From a Leafs perspective, it would be an attractive move.

It would have to be Kerfoot + Holl + Pick/Prospect that is attractive enough to Chicago to make that deal for Murphy + Kampf. Leafs need to move Kerfoot + Holl, to make the cap work, and need a C back, after moving Kerfoot... It's really the only way to get it done... and then whatever pick/prospect that seals the deal.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Matthews and Dermott

for

Keller, Hayton, Murphy, 1st and a 2nd

Is this some type of three way trade, where the Leafs get players from Arizona and Chicago? It's a laughable trade anyway, but...

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
#1 that's pathetic.

#2 Murphy is a Hawk

WCs.gif

Reactions: HawkeyTalkMan

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

It would have to be Kerfoot + Holl + Pick/Prospect that is attractive enough to Chicago to make that deal for Murphy + Kampf. Leafs need to move Kerfoot + Holl, to make the cap work, and need a C back, after moving Kerfoot... It's really the only way to get it done... and then whatever pick/prospect that seals the deal.

Honestly the deal doesn’t interest me as a hawks fan. If there was a trade it would’ve been before free agency started

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
There is no need to trade Murphy, the Hawks can choose to protect 8 skaters and 1G as opposed to 3D, 7F and 1G. This will allow them to keep both Zadorov and Murphy.

Kane - NMC
Toews - NMC
DeBrincat
Strome
Keith - NMC
Seabrook - NMC
Murphy
Zadorov

Goalie - flip a coin right now, it will really depend on this season’s performance.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
This Coyote fan would love to get Murphy back. Pair him up with Chychrun. How? I ain't gotta clue! It would have to be clever and luck has to be involved, something that the Coyotes lack!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Most teams need a good RD. Top 4 RD's carry some of the highest value around the league IMO.

Murphy is a solid 2nd pairing dman. I think he would, and should, fetch a good return.

I do think the Hawks should try to find a way to keep him. He's young enough to fit with a core moving forward to opening their new window and he's good enough to be a fixture on that blueline.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

Another case of take out trash from Toronto fans, there’s people saying that Murphy won’t get moved for much because of his cap hit do you think someone is going to take a cap dump like kerfoot

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Has to be a hell of a pick or prospect for the Hawks to **** their cap situation and take 5.5 million in dead cap for 3 years with Holl and Kerfoot..

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Not when Toews and Schmidt get dealt for peanuts , and several good depth options remain unsigned. His cap is a bit better than I thought, but Amirov is a non starter. Prior to Brodie signing maybe they'd have placed a higher priority on a RD , but the need is far less now. Id love to have him but I wouldn't personally deal Amirov. I think he returns a good prospect (but not blue chip) and a decent 2/3 pic. Would be alot of moving parts to enable it to happen when you consider cap implications additionally.

Context is key. Young, right-handed D-men who are cost controlled indeed should have value, whereas Toews and Schmidt's former teams (Isles and Knights) were robbed due to lack of cap space and had to dump them. No such problem with Murphy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad