Value of: Connor Mcdavid trade give your teams best offer...

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Matthews+Gardiner+Zaitsev+Sandin+1st in 2021

Kapanen-McDavid-Nylander
Marleau-Tavares-Marner
Hyman-Kadri-Johnnson
Brown-Lindholm-Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Oz
Holl-Marincin

Trade for 2 RHD at the trade deadline.

Power play.
McDavid-Tavares-Marner-Kadri-Rielly
Yes please.

That would really be a Stanley cup contender.
Throw in Matthews and Marner bot 80% retained and we have a deal.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Just got off the phone with Chiarelli and he's not trading McDavid unless Alzner is coming back. He didn't mention any other players.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Kane, Jokiharju, Gustafsson, 2019 first
So basically,
Elite forward
19 year old future top pairing defenseman
Good offensive defenseman, orlov lite
A chance at hughes/kakko
Cant tell if this is an over or underpayment. Leaning towards over

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
McDavid is the most valuable player in the nhl. If he demanded a trade all 32 teams would be lining up with insane offers. Seattle doesn’t even have a roster and they would offer the next 5 1sts.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I think the Canucks would offer something like

Horvat + Boeser + Edler / Tanev + Couple of firsts

But this would gut the team hella hard

Reactions: thadd

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
McDavid is the most valuable player in the nhl. If he demanded a trade all 32 teams would be lining up with insane offers. Seattle doesn’t even have a roster and they would offer the next 5 1sts.

Dahlin is on line one, schiefle is probably in that area as he’s a top 7 C in the league making sub 6 mill for years.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dahlin is on line one, schiefle is probably in that area as he’s a top 7 C in the league making sub 6 mill for years.

Even with McDavids cap hit he’s still the most valuable player in the nhl. You would trade any player 1 for 1 with McDavid. You wouldn’t trade McDavid 1 for 1 for anyone

Reactions: ivanlwan

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Even with McDavids cap hit he’s still the most valuable player in the nhl. You would trade any player 1 for 1 with McDavid. You wouldn’t trade McDavid 1 for 1 for anyone

In a vaccuum yes but the cap hit is very important.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I'd maybe do Matthews & Nylander.
You're doing it wrong. If anyone is going to add a cap dump it would be EDM. For example McDavid + Lucic for Matthews. Not that I think Connor+Lucic for AM is fair for EDM, but I wouldn't trade a bag of pucks for Nylander and his anchor of a contract.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Again, this is an absurd exaggeration that doesn’t take into account cap hits or team need. McDavid may be the best player in the world but the gap between him and Kucherov isn’t nearly as big as you think it is, and with Kuch signed at $3M less and the Lightning already having two elite 1Cs I wouldn’t trade him for McDavid straight up. For the same reasons I wouldn’t trade Hedman for McDavid: yes McDavid is the better and younger player but the NHL is a team sport with a salary cap and having a Norris defenseman signed at less than $8M is far more important to the Lightning than icing an Olympic-caliber center lineup with minimal depth elsewhere. Depending on how much Point ends up signing for I might not make that trade straight up either as getting him either on a cheap bridge or even around Kucherov money would enable us to keep the depth that is critical to remaining a top contender for years to come. And that’s just one team.

So no, people would not trade any player one-for-one for McDavid. In a non-cap world you’d be closer to correct, though even then positional need would still come into play. But with the salary cap the goal is not to have the best players - it’s to have maximal performance per cap dollar spent. The gap between McDavid and other elite players is not nearly as large as you think it is and can easily be overcome by their relative cap cost, making him the best player but not necessarily the most valuable to a team looking to win championships.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad