Connor McDavid part 1 season 1 edition (MOD: not assigned to Jr.)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Well Rookie camp kicks off shortly and the "Next one" is nearly here

key stats and information

generational talent, Connor McDavid is a catalyst for positive plays in all three zones. Thinks the game analytically and recognizes scoring chances before they have even happened. Blessed with good size and an elite-level skillset, which includes nimble skating and deft puckhandling. All-in-all, a dominant center with all of the will, power, and intangibles to become a successful hockey luminary. - Curtis Joe, EP 2014 - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=183442#sthash.CuXDAMNt.dpuf

NHL DRAFT 2015 round 1 #1 overall by Edmonton Oilers f

BIRTHYEAR 1997-01-13 BIRTHPLACERichmond Hill, ON, CAN AGE 18 NATION Canada POSITION C SHOOTS L HEIGHT 184 cm / 6'0" WEIGHT 88 kg / 194 lbs YOUTH TEAM York Simcoe MHA CONTRACT 17/18

]

What are expectations of his goals, assists and pts this season
and what concerns do you have

Last edited by a moderator:

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
No concerns. I feel as though he's big enough for the NHL and too shifty and quick to get caught. Not worried about this in Penticton either.

My guess is around 75 points. If he comes as advertised (generational), that should be doable.

Can't wait to see him live.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
This ad more than any other video has me pumped up for the upcoming season :P

I think I'm gonna use that intense glare at the end in an Oilers vid

Edit: I think he gets 80+ points. I believe in the Next One

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm thinking that he gets about 85 points if he stays healthy and has a quick transition to the pro game. If he has good chemistry with Hall and Hall also stays healthy then things could really get interesting seeing as Hall has had that kind of a points/game without having a generational player on his line. The big questions are: who will the 3rd wheel on that line be, how much offensive support will he get from the blueline and how will McLellan deploy him?

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
I'm thinking that he gets about 85 points if he stays healthy and has a quick transition to the pro game. If he has good chemistry with Hall and Hall also stays healthy then things could really get interesting seeing as Hall has had that kind of a points/game without having a generational player on his line. The big questions are: who will the 3rd wheel on that line be, how much offensive support will he get from the blueline and how will McLellan deploy him?

I'll be interested to see if he sees any PK time in his first season. I like the Nuge and Pouliot tandem. I'm tired of not seeing offensive threats on the PK over the last number of years. Defensive minds are needed and I think he's responsible enough to get some looks. Maybe team him up with Letestu?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Stauffer was saying Connor is up to 192-195 now. Anybody hear that?

So long as he has the same skating I am ecstatic about this. But the skating must stay the same. That is his best weapon.

Edit for clarity.

Last edited:

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
I just hope we do not suffocate him with all the energy that the city has. We kill players on and off the ice

Were not going to suffocate him, hes going to reinvigorate every Oilers fan with the same passion that we had when the team went to the finals in 06' I cant wait.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Were not going to suffocate him, hes going to reinvigorate every Oilers fan with the same passion that we had when the team went to the finals in 06' I cant wait.

I honestly can't wait to hear the noise of the crowd when we finally make the playoffs again. That **** gave me goosebumps. Still does whenever I reminisce with old videos of Paul Lorieau singing the anthem with the crowds in 06.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'll be interested to see if he sees any PK time in his first season. I like the Nuge and Pouliot tandem. I'm tired of not seeing offensive threats on the PK over the last number of years. Defensive minds are needed and I think he's responsible enough to get some looks. Maybe team him up with Letestu?

Agreed. The best PK is the threat to score if the PP makes a mistake.

I just hope we do not suffocate him with all the energy that the city has. We kill players on and off the ice

No one should be expecting a cup or hart anytime soon. Just enjoy the show and the ride and what will happen will happen. The best part about it is that we finally have proven winners in their positions in Chia and McLellan.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I honestly can't wait to hear the noise of the crowd when we finally make the playoffs again. That **** gave me goosebumps. Still does whenever I reminisce with old videos of Paul O singing the anthem with the crowds in 06.

I've never had the privilege of attending a playoff game, I know that on the TV it gave me chills and goosebumbs so I can only imagine the atmosphere in person.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
McDavid is physically as an 18 year old where Nuge got to last season as a 21 year old.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I think McDavid will hit 80p+. He's a special talent and I think he will be an immediate impact player.

And the Canadian media will lose their collective minds as they cry about the unfairness of it all.

chance

Embrace the Hate
Oct 9, 2006
I think McDavid will hit 80p+. He's a special talent and I think he will be an immediate impact player.

And the Canadian media will lose their collective minds as they cry about the unfairness of it all.

Truth.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
McDavid is physically as an 18 year old where Nuge got to last season as a 21 year old.

Which is weird because looking at him I would have guessed maybe 170 pounds. He must be really strong in the legs like Crosby

oilz89*

Which is weird because looking at him I would have guessed maybe 170 pounds. He must be really strong in the legs like Crosby

Thats awesome. Bigger, faster, great center of gravity and good in the corners and down low. I find it surprising that noone really mentions how great McD is behind the net. The guy is as dynamic behind the net as he in front of the net :amazed::amazed:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I honestly can't wait to hear the noise of the crowd when we finally make the playoffs again. That **** gave me goosebumps. Still does whenever I reminisce with old videos of Paul Lorieau singing the anthem with the crowds in 06.

It's the second greatest sound in the world.

I hate that Rexall has been a library for most of the last decade. I completely understand it, but it sucks. Can't wait to hear the place ****in' rocking.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It's the second greatest sound in the world.

I hate that Rexall has been a library for most of the last decade. I completely understand it, but it sucks. Can't wait to hear the place ****in' rocking.

I said it many times, but Rexall's top 3 in loudest arenas. The other 2 that comes to mind is Montreal and Winnipeg. Just wait until the oilers make the playoffs again.

That game was loud as hell.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
62 points this year. We finish 10th in the conference. We get an insane amount of hate from the media and idiots on this board as well as the mains. Next season, we finish 4th in the conference and McDavid gets 98 points.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I said it many times, but Rexall's top 3 in loudest arenas. The other 2 that comes to mind is Montreal and Winnipeg. Just wait until the oilers make the playoffs again.

That game was loud as hell.

I'm comfortable saying Edmonton's the loudest, at least in the playoffs anyway. People forget about how loud it was because it's been so long since we've been there. Oil fans haven't forgotten, but many others have. I hope we can remind them again real soon.

:amazed:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I'm comfortable saying Edmonton's the loudest, at least in the playoffs anyway. People forget about how loud it was because it's been so long since we've been there. Oil fans haven't forgotten, but many others have. I hope we can remind them again real soon.

:amazed:

They had to add extra goal horns because they were completely overpowered by the fans to an insane degree. If you watch back to his play-off games, the horns sound different, and it's because they're basically layered at a much higher capacity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad