Prospect Info: Connor Bedard - 2023 1st - C, Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Started when I was thirty. Keeps you regular. And it's always good to poop on company time.
I don't take it yet. I probably will. My dad swears by it though and the few times i've used it the results have been awesome. One or two wipes and then done lol

But yeah ANYWAY seeing Bedard's shot against even pseudo NHL competition was awesome. October can't get here fast enough. I can't wait to see this kid play regular season games.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The thing I noticed about Connor's 3 goals against the Blues. The goalie barely reacted. It's as if the goalie didn't see it until it was too late. When Connor shoots, that puck gets to the goalie quickly. We know it's fast ... but it might be hard to pick up too.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Mentioned on another thread, and after reading The Athletic recap of the prospect game, a thought I want to feel out is how much better can his skating get?

As is he’s able to make a lot of space for himself, is very crafty/creative maneuvering to take advantage and beat defenders, and apparently strong on his skates(generational quads), but considering he just turned 18, is it possible he gains elite skating?

Maybe an odd tick of mine romanticizing pretty skaters(I was a big Huet fan —pretty goalie, couldn’t stop a beach ball).

But while it’s not a focus of his game to be successful and beat guys, and it wasn’t exactly necessary for players like Kane to have game breaking speed like McDavid or transitionary ability like Hughes or power/explosiveness like Mackinnon, I field to ye in this mad ramble asking to imagine what if?

Davidson’s team ethos is all about having a motor, could Bedard potentially take that aspect to another level given his age?

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
It's hilarious how this thread went off the rails with the shit commentary hahahaha.

FWIW, I've never kept track but I would say I average between once or twice a day? It all depends on what I eat.

Honest question though, is 3 a day considered healthy?

Actually now that I think about it, I do hit the 3 mark a lot more often than I originally thought. Like ColbyChaos said, ya got your morning shit, your mid afternoon shit and more often than not your post-supper shit. Can't get a good sleep if you're holding in a poo.

This is like an episode of Seinfeld :laugh:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
MOVING ON:

I think we should all post our predictions on Bedard score lines this year. Another contest with a prize???

Ill go with 46-40 for 86 points.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Once when you first wake up

Once after lunch

Once after dinner

Any additional time after Taco Bell, White Castle, Raising Canes, Drinking a few, and so on.

Going 3 times puts hair on the chest
I wake up, have coffee, walk the dogs, come home, and that’s when the magic happens. Then I shower.

If you’re shitting three times a day then it means that a) you’re shitting at work, in public, at people’s houses, etc., which is something I would never do in a million years, and b) unless you’re carrying wet wipes with you, it means you’re going around with a shitty ass all day. So gross.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Mentioned on another thread, and after reading The Athletic recap of the prospect game, a thought I want to feel out is how much better can his skating get?

As is he’s able to make a lot of space for himself, is very crafty/creative maneuvering to take advantage and beat defenders, and apparently strong on his skates(generational quads), but considering he just turned 18, is it possible he gains elite skating?

Maybe an odd tick of mine romanticizing pretty skaters(I was a big Huet fan —pretty goalie, couldn’t stop a beach ball).

But while it’s not a focus of his game to be successful and beat guys, and it wasn’t exactly necessary for players like Kane to have game breaking speed like McDavid or transitionary ability like Hughes or power/explosiveness like Mackinnon, I field to ye in this mad ramble asking to imagine what if?

Davidson’s team ethos is all about having a motor, could Bedard potentially take that aspect to another level given his age?
Kane had this incredible ability to dictate pace on offense. Force opponents to play at his speed. If a player moved too fast defensively, he'd use their energy against them. Kane was far more efficient his speed because of his feel. He had a knack of finding open space. Hopefully, Bedard has the same innate skating ability.

There are always players in the NFL, NBA, NHL, EPL, etc. who are just fast enough because their anticipation, ability to dictate pace, find open space are superior to their opponents. Messi, Rice, Magic, Kane, etc. In the lower levels, Bedard showed the kind of trait. We'll see if translates into the NHL.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Underrating couture hard I’d have him 2nd or 3rd best when it came to that first round. Definitely above Perron who was nothing more than a middle 6er

Jamie Benn was also drafted that year deep into the late rounds though which is wild since he is arguably the 2nd best player that draft
Agree with you - I said top 5-7 with the intention that there were a couple of guys who went top 10 that we still be up there (specifically Voracek, Couture & JVR). Was just amazed looking back at it that 2/3 of the top 10 drafted that year either outright busted or significantly underperformed. And this wasn't the "way-back" machine where teams didn't have huge scouting staffs.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Normal people?
To be fair the normal range is pretty broad:

1695060748316.png

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kane was a fast skater when he needed to be. Or at least he was quick
Kane was a slightly above average skater but what makes him so special is that he's a guy that slows the game down. He looks quick because he'll curl up after gaining the zone and stand still with the puck. McDavid, Mac, Ovi, Marner etc are so good because they play with power and speed. They make incredible plays at top speed which is incredibly difficult to do.

But Kane will get the puck on the halfboards or just after gaining the zone and let a play develop. Guys are paralyzed by his hands because if you try and pressure him he's deking around or through you and creating an odd man opportunity. He's a very unique talent. So many amazing players are amazing because they can push the pace and produce. I can't think of a player in recent memory that plays like Kane and produces like him. The only guy similar I can think of is Darren Haydar but that was at the AHL level. The sport is getting faster and stronger but Kane plays the opposite way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad