Prospect Info: Connor Bedard - 2023 1st - C, Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kane had this incredible ability to dictate pace on offense. Force opponents to play at his speed. If a player moved too fast defensively, he'd use their energy against them. Kane was far more efficient his speed because of his feel. He had a knack of finding open space. Hopefully, Bedard has the same innate skating ability.

There are always players in the NFL, NBA, NHL, EPL, etc. who are just fast enough because their anticipation, ability to dictate pace, find open space are superior to their opponents. Messi, Rice, Magic, Kane, etc. In the lower levels, Bedard showed the kind of trait. We'll see if translates into the NHL.
Posted my recent post before seeing this. Exactly right.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
His speed won't be an issue at all. The guy who trained him for the past 15 years said he's noticeably faster now than 3 months ago.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
It's too bad the ship has sailed on Kane ever playing for the Hawks again.

He set up Panarin/Debrincat pretty well and they scored a lot. Imagine what he could do with Bedard.

I think one of the organization's goals in the next couple seasons should be to find a pass first player to play with Bedard. Anyone know what kind of shape Adam Oates is in?

Probably Reichel's job for now.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Posted my recent post before seeing this. Exactly right.
At his peak he dominated doing this. He has now lost that initial burst he had to get around defenders and would get corralled rather easily at the blue line. I think Kane is a net negative player at this point in his career if I am being honest. Its really hard to trot a guy out there for a third of the game who makes it essentially 5 on 4 when you don't have the puck.

I could be overselling his decline, but watching him last season, I mean it was beyond rough at times.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
At his peak he dominated doing this. He has now lost that initial burst he had to get around defenders and would get corralled rather easily at the blue line. I think Kane is a net negative player at this point in his career if I am being honest. Its really hard to trot a guy out there for a third of the game who makes it essentially 5 on 4 when you don't have the puck.

I could be overselling his decline, but watching him last season, I mean it was beyond rough at times.

He was playing with a bad hip. Had to be taken into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad