Tribute Congratulations to MR. 700! (Connor Brown celebration of life-without-a-goal)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hear ye, Hear ye!

This thread officially commemorates Mr. Connor Brown's 700TH consecutive day without scoring a goal in the National Hockey League.
It was on March 24, 2022 that Connor Brown last recorded an NHL goal: 701 days.

With the power bestowed upon me via the HFBoards Oilers anonymous messageboard for cretins and degenerates, I hereby declare that #28 CONNOR BROWN shall henceforth be known as MISTER 700!

... for the duration of the next NHL season, Mr. 700 will provide absolutely nothing to us for the low cost of 3.25M dollars while we are unable to make any meaningful improvements to the roster (thx Jeff Jackson/Ken Holland!)

MR. BROWN, Here is your TITLE BELT! I give you... Miiiiiiister SEVEN HUNDRED!
View attachment 824315

p.s. if you were on this board celebrating this signing and commenting how Soundwave was a doom-and-gloom loser and that Brown was a surefire top 6er brilliant 5D chess signing by Holland, saying that Brown was a giant improvement on Yamo and guaranteed 30 goal guy with McDavid... KNEEL DOWN AND REPENT, or at least stay the hell out of this thread because otherwise I will be name-and-shaming your sad post histories for all to see!
That sounds like a proclamation for a guy not taking a drink for 700 days.:laugh:

I will guarantee that Brown scores tonight.

(if he's in the line-up)
Congratulations. You are the 300th poster that has predicted a goal for him in an upcoming game. Your prize will be sent to you by Amazon. It will likely be an empty box though with a certificate in, which is in line with what Brown has done this year.

• Haha
Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Get this tool out of the lineup. Its way past the point of distraction that Connor Brown is the worst player on ice any game he's in. He might look suspect in AHL now with his skating and timid play.

Go into a game which is even more intense than usual and so obvious this guy shouldn't be seeing the ice and is an anchor, a bloody anchor to whoever he is attatched to.

people probably didn't spot it but Holloway was trying last night but as long as he's attached to Old Ryan and Dead brown thing nothing is happening. Connor Brown is so bad a hockey player he cooled all of McD, Drai, Nuge etc.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Get this tool out of the lineup. Its way past the point of distraction that Connor Brown is the worst player on ice any game he's in. He might look suspect in AHL now with his skating and timid play.

Go into a game which is even more intense than usual and so obvious this guy shouldn't be seeing the ice and is an anchor, a bloody anchor to whoever he is attatched to.

people probably didn't spot it but Holloway was trying last night but as long as he's attached to Old Ryan and Dead brown thing nothing is happening. Connor Brown is so bad a hockey player he cooled all of McD, Drai, Nuge etc.
Brown has zero confidence when he has the puck. The NHL and on a team that desperately needs secondary scoring is not the place to try to find your long lost game.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Crazy, looked at the odds for brown scoring and the payout is only 5.1:1

Meanwhile they have Vinny desharnais at a 23:1 payout 😅

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am very happy to see this thread. I am surprised it took this long.

So many times Oilers fans have their whipping boy and so many times it is not a deserving player. Especially young developing players. This not one of those times. Brown deserves far more shade thrown his way. Guys like Draisaitl, Bouchard, and Skinner will get roasted at times worse than Brown has this year.

Brown is a turd. That has been polished so hard by the media and our in game team that you are getting all these brain washed fans showing up on here and elsewhere saying things like "he is due any day now", "he is great defensively", "skates hard and is just unlucky", he will be great for us in the playoffs.

This player should have been washed out of the league prior his ten game Holland shenanigans. A no brianer dump to avoid salary cap issues. And now 50 games later... It is just unbelievable. Just rotten. Just so embarrassing.

Pride and/or stupidity are the only reasons I see Ken Holland keeping this player on this team for as long as he has. Brown has not performed well enough to be considered an NHL player. The Oilers have/are carrying an anchor around with them all season by wasting a roster spot on him. In this day and age its both impressive that the team can carry him and still comeback the way they have and embarrassing that they are being forced to.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This guy needs to get his shit together and start scoring if we don't have a slam dunk of a deadline.

We need people to step up and he's certainly on the list of underachievers.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
This guy needs to get his shit together and start scoring if we don't have a slam dunk of a deadline.

We need people to step up and he's certainly on the list of underachievers.

The people aspect of hockey should always be considered. But...

This is the Oilers window. Years of suckage to possibly have another year where the Oiler look like they can be a contending team.

Brown needed to go a long time ago. Its the trade deadline. We already have enough players that "should" easily be able to able to get him off the roster permanently.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The people aspect of hockey should always be considered. But...

This is the Oilers window. Years of suckage to possibly have another year where the Oiler look like they can be a contending team.

Brown needed to go a long time ago. Its the trade deadline. We already have enough players that "should" easily be able to able to get him off the roster permanently.
Once he's removed, McDavid can send him a card and a flower arrangement thanking him for his services, and that they can still be buddies.

• Haha

Dradavich

Nov 29, 2019
Canada
You are incorrect Connor Brown's last goal was on October 5th 2022 March 24th 2022

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
You are incorrect Connor Brown's last goal was on October 5th 2022

this is a pre-season game, are you familiar with the concept? connor brown also scored on Pickard in pregame warmup last night, does that mean hes on a scoring streak? he probably is a 50 something goal scorer this year if thats your standard. I wonder why we didnt flip him for a 1st rounder?

Connor Brown is approaching 2 calendar years without a goal, and he will achieve it.

• Haha

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Sam Gagner (recently demoted to AHL):

GP 27 5 G 5 A 10 Pts
PPG: 0.37
+/- 0

Connor Brown

GP 52 0 G 5 A 5 Pts
PPG: 0.096
+/- -9

Do you see a difference? 🤔

Reactions: WEMCHUD

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
for us to have a chance the waiting game on Brown has to pay off

a goal would be nice but near perfection shown to the defensive game stopping offensive defenders dead in their tracks would help the cause big time

at least a big chunk of his bonus should be taken care of this season with the overage paid off against next season's cap??? correct me if I'm wrong

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I had no opinion about Brown when the Oilers acquired him, but I remember the media orgasming over it and going on about how he was going to be a perfect winger for McDavid. I recall thinking, "Why... would they think he can play with McDavid"

Actually, I think he's been quite good and somewhat valuable defensively. I really like his work on the PK. But that's about it as far as his value over, say, any replacement player, since he's nothing notable at ES and a big, fat zero offensively.

At this point, it's reached comical proportions (hence this thread). He scored twice in the pre-season. In the 'real' season, he's hit the post after nice moves maybe twice, had a wide-open net last month and fired it into the goalie's glove, scored once but had it disallowed on the challenge, and been on the ice facing empty-nets about five times and never cashed in. It's like that old Kevin Kline movie where the family keeps trying to kill him but no matter what he defies the odds and stays alive.

In other news, I see Jesse Puljujarvi scored his first goal in one calendar year the other day...

Reactions: WEMCHUD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad