Tribute Congratulations to MR. 700! (Connor Brown celebration of life-without-a-goal)

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Hear ye, Hear ye!

This thread officially commemorates Mr. Connor Brown's 700TH consecutive day without scoring a goal in the National Hockey League.
It was on March 24, 2022 that Connor Brown last recorded an NHL goal: 701 days.

With the power bestowed upon me via the HFBoards Oilers anonymous messageboard for cretins and degenerates, I hereby declare that #28 CONNOR BROWN shall henceforth be known as MISTER 700!

... for the duration of the next NHL season, Mr. 700 will provide absolutely nothing to us for the low cost of 3.25M dollars while we are unable to make any meaningful improvements to the roster (thx Jeff Jackson/Ken Holland!)

MR. BROWN, Here is your TITLE BELT! I give you... Miiiiiiister SEVEN HUNDRED!
700crown.jpeg

p.s. if you were on this board celebrating this signing and commenting how Soundwave was a doom-and-gloom loser and that Brown was a surefire top 6er brilliant 5D chess signing by Holland, saying that Brown was a giant improvement on Yamo and guaranteed 30 goal guy with McDavid... KNEEL DOWN AND REPENT, or at least stay the hell out of this thread because otherwise I will be name-and-shaming your sad post histories for all to see!

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think we should email the Oiler organization and suggest a video tribute at the first TV timeout.

I mean they usually do that for a player that has returned, but it seems like this player may not return because he may never leave (or be waived, or be traded, or buried in the minors).

The tribute itself will be very short. Not many hilights to show.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think we should email the Oiler organization and suggest a video tribute at the first TV timeout.

I mean they usually do that for a player that has returned, but it seems like this player may not return because he may never leave (or be waived, or be traded, or buried in the minors).

Maybe they could give him an aluminum commemorative stick. I'd prefer a golf club and a hint or two.

Brown is nearing 2full years since his last NHL goal. He even benefits from a leap year..

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’m curious how much the payout would be if I put $100 on Brown scoring tonight

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I bet a lot of beer league players are excited that they could achieve the same as a guy that an nhl coach chooses to use.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Hear ye, Hear ye!

This thread officially commemorates Mr. Connor Brown's 700TH consecutive day without scoring a goal in the National Hockey League.

With the power bestowed upon me via the HFBoards Oilers anonymous messageboard for cretins and degenerates, I hereby declare that #28 CONNOR BROWN shall henceforth be known as MISTER 700!

... for the duration of the next NHL season, Mr. 700 will provide absolutely nothing to us for the low cost of 3.25M dollars while we are unable to make any meaningful improvements to the roster (thx Jeff Jackson/Ken Holland!)

View attachment 824315

p.s. if you were on this board celebrating this signing and commenting how Soundwave was a doom-and-gloom loser and that Brown was a surefire top 6er brilliant 5D chess signing by Holland, saying that Brown was a giant improvement on Yamo and guaranteed 30 goal guy with McDavid... KNEEL DOWN AND REPENT, or at least stay the hell out of this thread because otherwise I will be name-and-shaming your sad post histories for all to see!

100 weeks. Nearly 1000 minutes played. It's truly a remarkable accomplishment typically reserved for the Tim Sestito's and Patrick Russell's of the world.

Wow, a thread to completely bash one of our players.

Very poor taste guys.
This looks like more of a celebration than a bashing to me.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Brown scores this Calendar year.

I wonder if I should make a pole?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hear ye, Hear ye!

View attachment 824315

You should make him more aware of this, I don't think he understands. Maybe show up at his house with a sign or rent a billboard.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

Whoa…there’s a bazillion shot attempts….all captured on film….roll it!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00